It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alpha Male

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

And why do so-called Alpha males always end up with girlfriends who are either half their height or half their weight?

If that yokel could FIND a woman of his height and weight, the earth would shift on it's axis whenever they stood on the same continent!

I can't even begin to count the things that are deeply wrong and profoundly disturbing in that photo...

The mere suggestion that there may even BE a woman of that build in existence on Earth is guaranteed to give me nightmares... thanks for that!

edit on 2012/6/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
The mere suggestion that there may even BE a woman of that build in existence on Earth is guaranteed to give me nightmares... thanks for that!

Latia isn't quite that tall; but she's close in most other respects. As my avatar might suggest, I will admit being attracted to this woman; but at the same time, I consider said attraction a curse. My ex girlfriend wasn't 1% as spicy as her, but long term, even she was too much for me to stay in that relationship.

Relative to the title of this thread, you could call it the dilemma of being drawn to alpha females, when I'm not an alpha male.
edit on 10-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'll never be right again. That pushed me over the edge. I'm going to dig a bunker now - humanity has become too dangerous to remain amongst it!

I can't hang with women that can snap my neck like a twig - if that's what an Alpha female is, I'll be the guy you see running away just as hard as he can run...

... screaming like a little girl!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Petrus,

I feel that a certain bias on your part may be contributing to your disinclination towards "alpha" personality types. What concerns me is that your bias may stem from an encounter in your past with a man that you thought was an alpha but, clearly to have brought this level of trauma to you, was not. I would respectfully ask you to reread my post and give consideration to the true meaning of being an Alpha personality type; then ask yourself if the male that has given you such negativity towards Alpha males was really an Alpha.

I realize I am making an assumption; it is an assumption based upon what I have read of your postings regarding this matter. If I am incorrect in my assumption please accept my apologies in advance.

I can tell you now that what I spoke of in that post was entirely a reference to points in my life. I stood up to the school yard bully, I have removed numerous female and male friends from domestic situations that were detrimental to their physical and psychological well being and insured they had solid ground under them to recover, and I regularly provide for another man's child since he refuses do so himself (a child I have no bond with outside of friendship with her mother). I can tell you now that the mother of that little girl, that the guy that I rearranged my entire apartment to give him room to escape a hostile and abusive relationship, and that even the children on the playground the times I stood up to the bully are all grateful to have an Alpha like me in their life. They have told me so themselves.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

didn't that guy say something about you not being able to handle it in aussie country?

And to everyone I am back... let me peruse the thread and make a few replies...sorry for the delay

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Golden Rule

First, that man is not al alpha male, finding a picure of some beast does not mean this is an alpha...alpha is a personality not a size

alphas are generally strong, yet not so bulky that they couldn't fight, it is a proven fact that big equates to slow,, strong with an ability to protect does NOT mean big....

edit on 10-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I am not certain about ANY aspect of her femininity... that does not look like any woman I have ever seen... that looks like a man with breasts....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx

Most who would define themselves as an alpha probably are not, being an alpha is not something advertised, it is something sensed

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Thought provoking post, OpinionatedB.

You are right. Some of my additional thoughts on this topic:

I would add that a good man knows: ( With regards mostly to the woman in his life...)

How to be kind, considerate and sensitive, when the situation demands. ( Nothing to do with being a puff.)

How to respond to aggression calmly, without escalating the situation unnecessarily. ( Nothing to do with being a " Tough guy " )

You NEVER hit a woman, even under severe provocation.

How to admit when you are wrong, ( One of the most difficult attributes to live up to ! )

How to protect his family, in life threatening situations, and is willing to put his life own on the line in doing so.

How to keep calm under pressure.

Know what his wife / partner / lover / mistress / fancy woman is thinking at any given time, and respond appropriately.. ( I fail miserably at this one. )

After my wife, my favourite woman is Morticia Addams. ( Showing my age ! )

P.s. I've been married 21 years and still don't entirely know what makes a woman tick ! Though that is 21 mostly happy years with a few ups and downs, like most folk..

a very beautiful post, your wife is lucky to have found you

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
While it is great to be Alpha... so many pretend to be but are not. Personally, I am particular to the point of coldness, or that is what many males would say. Why? Because if they're unable to hold a job, hold a conversation, or even a freaking thought for longer than five seconds, then they don't need to breed, much less gain my attention. It took years to find my ideal mate. He isn't the muscle bound douchebag, nor is he a pencilnecked geek. He is a balance of physical and mental perfection in my eyes. Of course he has his drawbacks, but nothing catastrophic. He is arrogant but not without cause. He is strong without being a bully. He is witty, smart, and all the other things I thought were extinct. Needless to say, I've been with him for years, and will remain by his side through all because even if I cannot have his children, I can at least be his friend and lover for the rest of his life. I will do my best to be his strength and comfort in times of need, just as he is to me. Besides, he makes me laugh, and he appreciates my evil sense of humor!

sounds like you found an alpha
a real one, rather than imagined

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
Points of clarification:

The alpha male is not the male whom put the bruises on the bodies and minds of abused women. The alpha male is the male whom did what was needed to bring about an end to the situation which resulted in her abuse.

The alpha male is not the bully on the playground beating up and intimidating other kids. The alpha male is the young boy that stops him.

The alpha male is not the dead beat dad that doesn't pay child support. The alpha male is the male that gives his time and resources to the children of that dead beat dad.

The alpha male is not psychotic; he is your best ally against a psycho.

very nice explaination and post, I very much appreciate your contribution and agree with what you said
star for you

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by petrus4

I am not certain about ANY aspect of her femininity... that does not look like any woman I have ever seen... that looks like a man with breasts....

To me she's feminine, just Orcish. I haven't seen guys with hips like hers.

She just doesn't have any of the excess fat that we tend to associate with femininity, is all.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

didn't that guy say something about you not being able to handle it in aussie country?

And to everyone I am back... let me peruse the thread and make a few replies...sorry for the delay

I once had a guy from Albany in Australia tell me that if I ever moved to Australia, I'd wind up having to live with the Aborigines. I don't know to this day if he meant that as a GOOD thing or as a BAD thing!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Although he didn't use the word "Alpha", Tecumseh said that the entire reason for a man's existence is to take care of his people.

I'm not sure that they get any more "Alpha" than Tecumseh was,

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
A true alpha male knows he has nothing to prove to anyone.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

reply to post by petrus4

To me she's feminine, just Orcish. I haven't seen guys with hips like hers.

She just doesn't have any of the excess fat that we tend to associate with femininity, is all.

ok... a man with breasts and hips then... so what, still a man

we are not talking excess fat here... we are talking excess muscles, this implies an abundance of testosterone...

definitely a man....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
OP, I 100% agree!!

I'm turned on by the whole basic primative survival instincts of human species, very much so. If I go camping or spend time in the wild (which is not often) it feels more natural to me. It feels even better to have a masculine man by my side, and not (no offense) some desk jockey, who may act more female then I do. Basically, I wonder why some women find the metrosexual types attractive, I guess to each their own, but not me. I love my husband, all that the OP describes I find with him.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A true alpha male isn't jealous, he knows how to choose a good woman and that if she ever does wander he'll just be gone, no note, no fight, nothing. A true alpha male generally wants an alpha female, his equal, someone to share the burden of survival with and not shoulder it all himself. That is the role of a father not a mate.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

we are not talking excess fat here... we are talking excess muscles, this implies an abundance of testosterone...

definitely a man....

So by definition, women are inevitably sentenced to be physically weak and unfit, are they? I can really see that attitude going places.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join