It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder appoints two prosecutors to probe national security leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
story from The Hill
By Jeremy Herb - 06/08/12 07:16 PM ET

Holder appoints two prosecutors to probe national security leaks

Has Eric Holder and the Department of Justice just gone Totally Against Obama's and The White House's wishes ?

I wonder who put on the pressure ?

This stems from the recent "leaks" of unauthorized disclosures of classified information that apparently came from an unknown source in The White House.

* I don't see where these two "prosecutors" are classified as "Special Prosecutors" however *

That could indicate a "smooth-over" agenda. Something like a fox investigating missing chickens

There has also been speculations that The White House is in kahootz with the Obama Campaign to somehow use "leaked" material to bolster Obama's image and possibly "create" a "Stockholm Effect" among Obama sympathizers.

I smell David Axelrod with his campaign "strategies".
He needs a winner Real Bad right about now !!

Attorney General Eric Holder on Friday appointed two U.S. Attorneys to head an investigation into a recent series of national security leaks.

Holder appointed U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Ronald Machen Jr. and U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod Rosenstein to investigate and criminally prosecute “possible unauthorized disclosures of classified information.”

“The unauthorized disclosure of classified information can compromise the security of this country and all Americans, and it will not be tolerated,” Holder said in a statement. “The Justice Department takes seriously cases in which government employees and contractors entrusted with classified information are suspected of willfully disclosing such classified information to those not entitled to it, and we will do so in these cases as well.”

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) first called for a special counsel on Tuesday, and he’s also accused the White House of leaking information to help President Obama’s reelection chances.

Obama rejected McCain’s accusations in a news conference — calling them “offensive” — and the White House has flatly rejected congressional calls for a special counsel to investigate the leaks.

I think it's a set-up, and they will use an "unknown" as a scapegoat to cover the ineptitude and carelessness that is present in the current Administration !!