It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder appoints two U.S. attorneys to lead leak investigations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Holder appoints two U.S. Attorneys

TextAttorney General Eric Holder has appointed two U.S. attorneys to lead investigations into the possible unauthorized disclosure of classified information.

I do not start very many post but I found it very intresting that we now have the same guy who is a hair away from a contempt citation for failing to answer questions about his own department, now saying he is going to investigate a national security leak that many believe his boss instigated.

So tell me ATS. Am I just cynical are is there any hope for the truth from this?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by David134

Holder appoints two U.S. Attorneys

TextAttorney General Eric Holder has appointed two U.S. attorneys to lead investigations into the possible unauthorized disclosure of classified information.

I do not start very many post but I found it very intresting that we now have the same guy who is a hair away from a contempt citation for failing to answer questions about his own department, now saying he is going to investigate a national security leak that many believe his boss instigated.

So tell me ATS. Am I just cynical are is there any hope for the truth from this?

Nope, not being cynical. It seems like a bad joke that the same eric holder that brought us Fast & Furious is now going to "investigate" security leaks. Really?
Any bets on how the investigations will go?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

OOps !! Your thread beat mine by 9 minutes !!

They'll probably close mine.

Here's my opinions:

Has Eric Holder and the Department of Justice just gone Totally Against Obama's and The White House's wishes ?

I wonder who put on the pressure ?

This stems from the recent "leaks" of unauthorized disclosures of classified information that apparently came from an unknown source in The White House.

* I don't see where these two "prosecutors" are classified as "Special Prosecutors" however *

That could indicate a "smooth-over" agenda. Something like a fox investigating missing chickens

There has also been speculations that The White House is in kahootz with the Obama Campaign to somehow use "leaked" material to bolster Obama's image and possibly "create" a "Stockholm Effect" among Obama sympathizers.

I smell David Axelrod with his campaign "strategies".
He needs a winner Real Bad right about now !!

Attorney General Eric Holder on Friday appointed two U.S. Attorneys to head an investigation into a recent series of national security leaks.

Holder appointed U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Ronald Machen Jr. and U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod Rosenstein to investigate and criminally prosecute “possible unauthorized disclosures of classified information.”

“The unauthorized disclosure of classified information can compromise the security of this country and all Americans, and it will not be tolerated,” Holder said in a statement. “The Justice Department takes seriously cases in which government employees and contractors entrusted with classified information are suspected of willfully disclosing such classified information to those not entitled to it, and we will do so in these cases as well.”

Holder appoints two prosecutors to probe national security leaks

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) first called for a special counsel on Tuesday, and he’s also accused the White House of leaking information to help President Obama’s reelection chances.

Obama rejected McCain’s accusations in a news conference — calling them “offensive” — and the White House has flatly rejected congressional calls for a special counsel to investigate the leaks.

I think it's a set-up, and they will use an "unknown" as a scapegoat to cover the ineptitude and carelessness that is present in the current Administration !!

Is the Obama Administration "Busting at the Seams" ?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
He's probably hoping to take some of the heat off of himself. And if that is the way "they" want it, the heat will dissipate, unfortunately. Nobody holding an office that high is exposed or goes down without someone in the upper-echelon approving the move. At least that's what I suspect, although some time ago I would have said that was preposterous. IF public pressure gets to be very heavy, they can always find a scapegoat.

I don't think you are being cynical at all, given that history tends to repeat itself. Whenever the government investigates something that could potentially be a government conspiracy, there are forces at work that can prevent the investigation from uncovering certain pieces of information, which coincidentally are the exact pieces that are needed to prove the conspiracy itself.

Of course there really is no cut and dry way things like this happen, since each situation is different. But, the one thing that I do know is that the law does not mean anything to certain individuals and cliques within the government, and if I am right on that point, the scenario described above is bound to occur relatively frequently.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Its ok. Yours is much better written. If the mods want to keep it ( and dump mine) I got no problem with that. I hate to admit it but I'm still learning linking and quotes and all that.
On the subject. I think if they can throw enough smoke and quieten Congress down you may never even see a scape goat. I truely believe these people are that conceded. And without long lasting pressure they will just let it die. Just to be covered up by the next wrong doing.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The announcement of the two prosecutors comes as Republicans in Congress are calling for a special counsel to investigate the leaks independent of the Obama administration.

well there the crux,,

id appoint that 69 year old Supreme Court Justice from ,,,

he was in the news,, i forget where.

reminds me of the days of Sam Warburn,, u know,, i am not a crook,,, lol
still laughing,,
been there done that,,
got the t-shirt

Watch your head Dick,,,

Gerry did u fall down the stairs again??,,, good old days,,,

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

This is essentially the same as having the SS investigate Auschwitz...

I would rather see an independent presecutor / special prosecutor do the investigation. I dont trust Holder nor do I trust people he appoints.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
All these people are proven traitors.
never mind all the B.S.
Do you need it spelled out for you ?
My G-d People wake up.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I totally agree. Like we should trust Holder to investigate the Obama administration?

Riiiiiiight. I'm sure the results of the 'investigation' have been well thought out ahead of time
and the final reports have already been typed up ... with the finding of 'no wrong doing by the
Obama administration' already in bold type.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

This is essentially the same as having the SS investigate Auschwitz...

I would rather see an independent presecutor / special prosecutor do the investigation. I dont trust Holder nor do I trust people he appoints.

Senator John McCain will officially ask for a special prosecutor on Monday

June 11, 2012.

There are many storm clouds surrounding the White House this morning.

top topics

join