It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZombiU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Lot's of talk of Zombies recently, and I must say it is my favourite genre of game, ZombiU has no release date yet, but will be exclusive to the upcoming WiiU.....which is scheduled for release later this year.

This look s a classic!....official trailer released this week at E3

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I love how if you die you need to go kill your Zombie self to get your stuff back.

Thats awesome.

I like the wii U, the controller intrigues me, they need more first party games though to push the system least they make the Game cubes mistake.

Crappy launch games can doom a system, and so far this is the only game that looks intriguing to me.
edit on 8-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yep....and unlike all the other zombie games......all it takes to kill you is one bite!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Dead Island taught me a important lesson. Don't get overly excited about a trailer.

The game looks..like nothing. no gameplay screens, nothing hinting at..anything about it beyond it -may- take place in England...otherwise..who knows. It could be a 2d game for all we know.

So, its time to then consider not the game, but the developer team

Ubisoft has a checkered past...some great games (such as the later assassins creed games) and some meh, nothing special games (like the original A.C., farcry, etc).
So, what is it? action? roleplay?
If its just straight action (like left 4 dead), then they might do alright. they have made a few decent actionish games. Also, assassins creed titles do a fair job at character development (aka, giving a crap about the people your fighting with/for)...but they have also had some disasters

Keep in mind, Ubisoft also made Call of Juarez, The Cartel.
So, ya..they have released under their name some epic crap piles and called them games.

Lets not forget how they nerfed the endings of prince of persia so bad, they had to redo the ending...and then tried to sell the new halfway decent ending as a DLC...

So, its best to remain completely neutral about this game for now...just a checkered company trying to cash in on the expanding zombie genre. Maybe it will be great, maybe it will be total crap..best to assume the worst, and be pleasantly surprised if they managed to do it right.

____

I would suggest if you are interested in upcoming zombie games, to check out Dead State. They have been having some movement on it lately..and it may be that thing people have been waiting for (a realized version of fort zombie)

Its an indie game, and have been listening to some suggestions from people. its a RPG game, which means massive bang for the (cheap) buck when its released..and may be something truely remarkable and worth becoming interested in.

You will notice there is no fancy trailers or cinematics, but instead just a "this is where we are at currently with gameplay" screens. Refreshing really.

But ya, it depends on what your wanting...if you want nonstop heart pounding action...RPGs in general aren't the way to go.

Finally: I don't own a Wii due to being over the age of 12, so..ZombiU will not be something I can play..nor will I buy that crappy toy just for this game.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Add: Oh, this is for the Wii U
Didn't know that
And actually, never heard of it..looking at a video now.

And..well, its Nintindo. They target audience of children for some strange reason (I guess they don't realize adults are the main demographics for gaming). So, chances are I won't buy this system either due to an endless supply of total crap coming from them.

The controller looks pretty interesting..but Dreamcast tried to do some video on controller integration also. Thing is, it better be indestructable...if you watch their target audience (kids) play games, they get frustrated and slam their controllers...and having a nice screen on the controller means expensive replacements..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Firstly I will also point at Dead Island, I was suckered with that one, though did enjoy it for about a month.
This trailer gives nothing.

Secondly Nintendo want more adult title for the WiiU.

Look it don't matter how old you are, if you have friends or have friends who like to game as a group, the Wii is for you. (Especially the Wii Sports and Sports resort games, but you wouldn't buy it jsut for 2 games.

Zelda anyone??? Main reason I bought my Wii.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Firstly I will also point at Dead Island, I was suckered with that one, though did enjoy it for about a month. This trailer gives nothing.

I agree with you on Dead Island....however, I think the trailer does give something, I think it hints at decent graphics and a decent story line, admittedly it doesn't go into the most important aspect of the game...gameplay per se....but it does hint at it, with the images of how the "virus" attacks people etc.

Could well be a pile of crap, but I love my zombie games, so I will probably give it a go.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This game looks cool! Theres alot of unique concepts that are potrayed in the gameplay while using the game pad.

top topics

join