It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Terrors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Yeah, now I can agree with you there. Perhaps "fail" was the wrong word to use. But I do agree that everyone's unique experience must be added to the puzzle (I think I correctly conveyed that in my earlier post).

I just meant that tying in the sleep paralysis with OBE would be VERY helpful. Especially since so many people (sleep techs and neuroscientists included) still seem to think it's just a glitch in the REM state. When the experience is totally inducible and totally abort-able...this sounds like no glitch to me, but like a function.

Happy journeys, brother!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I used to have episodes of sleep paralysis that were terrifying. I injured my back some time ago, and I've had to sleep on my side ever since. Curiously, I've only had one episode that I can recall since then. It definitely was related to me sleeping on my back.

I've heard that a white noise generator can help prevent SP and night terrors. They're advertised as 'sound spas', 'relaxation machines' and such. They run anywhere from a few bucks for a basic unit to fancy programmable gizmos costing 100 bucks. Some of the high tech units supposedly 'react to the environment' . Check Amazon, eBay, etc...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Yep. Sorry to hear about your back injury. I rarely have sleep paralysis sleeping on my side. That's good for me because I can't get comfortable sleeping on my back. Sleeping flat on my back is almost a guaranteed sleep paralysis episode.

Still, it seemed to happen a few times on my side. My eyes flip right open during the paralysis too (I think this is common for everyone, which is why they report seeing things and feeling a presence). Now if we can just figure out why the eyelids flip open during this paralysis state..we'll all be one step closer.

Any sleep techs or neurologists on ATS? When the whole body cannot move..why do the eyelids open? Any other experiencers have the paralysis with open or closed eyelids? Can you move your eyes around, but not your body? Can you ever see parts of your body, like your hands stretched out in front of you (when in reality you can't move)?

It's time the experiencers get together and solve this thing once and for all. It's time we learn how to astral project for realz. It's time we learn more about ourselves and our nature.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

My wife can't sleep without one of those white noise generators going. It took a long time for me to get used to it though; I kept hearing all kinds of other sounds in it like babies crying, strange music, etc. It seemed to make a different sound depending on which way I turned my head. Of course, I have this horrible tinnitis too so that might have something to do with it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes sounds very much like sleep paralysis which I've experienced exactly twice in my life and wish I could forget it. I wrote about my experience in my blog, it was the single most terrifying experience I have ever had in my life. I don't wish that fear on anyone. But in my experience, I saw the hooded shadow man. Scientists will debunk theories that sleep paralysis is a supernatural event. They claim that sleep paralysis is a disorder of the nervous system or as I like to call it - it's your brain sending a mixed message to your body. Your brain thinks your body is sleeping when you aren't - you're still wide awake. At least I was when my experience happened.

I saw a documentary on sleep paralysis on tv last year after my attack. It was on tv a week after my episode - very timely. They were talking about one village in Africa (I think), where the entire village experienced sleep paralysis on the same night. Several people were also dying in their sleep. The villagers were convinced it was some sort of karmic payback - lots of voodoo and other cult practices in that area. Very interesting documentary.

Meditation and recording or writing your dreams help. You can visit my blog if you want to read about my experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join