It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian rebels tried to get me killed, says Channel 4 correspondent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

But not CNN,BBC, thats what and who i was referring to seems like didn't you get the memo
when i was talking about Major Mainstream news outlets.

I was referring to FOX,BBC,CNN.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Soshh

But not CNN,BBC, thats what and who i was referring to seems like didn't you get the memo
when i was talking about Major Mainstream news outlets.

I was referring to FOX,BBC,CNN.

I just said that BBC News covered this story. Are you from a parallel universe where The Daily Mail, Yahoo and Channel 4 aren't mainstream news 'outlets'? Sky News is covering it as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

You claim that BBC covered it? really? care to prove it? this is what its showing on there middle east bbc news site.
BBC

Yeah i am sure they covered it.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Imagine if they had succeeded. I am sure that this would be all over the mainstream media and once again, the Assad regime would be in the spotlight for something which was most likely not their fault.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

i heard alex thomson this morning describing what occured.

good thing he didn't become part of the salvador option.

f

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The situation is not as black and white as some members are suggesting. The situation is extremely complex. The rebels for example are not one group of disparate freedom fighters. They consist of numerous different peoples with different agendas, barely working together.

Some are Salafist extremists who may well be responsible for the car bombs and some atrocities we have seen in Damascus and Aleppo (could also be the work of Al-Qaeda in Iraq who have entered the country). The Alawites and Christians are right to be fearful of this element which is one of the reasons they continue to support Assads continued rule. This link provides further information, mideast.foreignpolicy.com...

Some are are moderate elements. None of them are under any overall control, despite the efforts of the political exiles abroad to co-opt the movement.

As we know Saudi Arabia and Qatar are arming the rebels, www.foreignpolicy.com... Which presents its own problems of weaponising the conflict to beyond redemption. As are the west,

Let's be clear: Washington is pursuing regime change by civil war in Syria. The United States, Europe, and the Gulf states want regime change, so they are starving the regime in Damascus and feeding the opposition. They have sanctioned Syria to a fare-thee-well and are busy shoveling money and helping arms supplied by the Gulf get to the rebels. This will change the balance of power in favor of the revolution. It is also the most the United States can and should do.

www.foreignpolicy.com...,0

Here is some more information on prisoner exchanges between the forces and weapons buying,

For the release of this prisoner, Ahmed Haseeba, the group received $500. With this money, Fatahallah said they were able to buy ammunition from their main supplier: Syria’s national army, also known as the enemy. This strange cycle of exchanging prisoners for weapons has been playing out between rebel forces and President Bashar al-Assad’s army since the beginning of the revolution. Fatahallah estimated that his village purchased 40 percent of their weapons from the regime. Prisoner exchanges have so far contributed almost $80,000 toward weapons purchases, he said. And they obtain an additional 50 percent of their weapons during battle. The remaining 10 percent are donated and smuggled from outside the country, or are purchased from private merchants, mostly from Iraq.

warincontext.org...

Apart and besides from the outside interference in fuelling the conflict and the shadiness of some of the rebels there is no doubt that the Assad regime are committing serious war crimes in an effort to cling on to their illegitimate rule (illegitimate as in they were not voted into office and do not allow any political freedoms). How anyone on this board can deny this and blame every atrocity on the rebels/false flag/ Saudi Arabia is beyond me.

Below illustrates what the civilans caught in the middle of all of this are having to go through.

A massacre that took as many as 80 lives in Qubeir may have had its origins in a warning that government sympathizers issued to the village's residents against harboring known anti-government activists. A resident of Qubeir who survived the massacre said Friday that the attack took place shortly after an activist wanted by the government, known as Abu Hassan, went to Qubeir. When an army unit based nearby was notified of Abu Hassan's presence, it began to shell the village and then sent in six tanks, accompanied by local militiamen, who killed the villagers with gunfire, sticks and knives.

"There had been threats against the village before not to harbor people who are wanted," said the resident, who used the pseudonym Laith al-Hamway for fear of retaliation from the Syrian government. The deaths at Qubeir, which is near the city of Hama, are the latest in what has becoming a pattern of mass killings that have followed government assaults on villages. More than 80 women and children were shot or hacked to death in May in the village of Houla in an attack that bore a striking similarity to what happened at Qubeir - government shelling, followed by house-to-house searches and killings. At both Qubeir and Houla, survivors said militiamen burned bodies and homes. Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

www.miamiherald.com...

Now you can dispute the source all you want becasue it is of the MSM, but until you provide your own sources stating otherwise this is all we have to go on.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

You claim that BBC covered it? really? care to prove it? this is what its showing on there middle east bbc news site.
BBC

Yeah i am sure they covered it.

I watched it on BBC News 24, I haven't looked on their website. You said that the Western mainstream media aren't covering this, when your source is Western mainstream media according to you and it is citing a journalist working for Channel 4, which is state-owned and about as 'major' and 'mainstream' as it is possible to be.

This is something that you'll just have to come to terms with. Do remember this the next time that you're about to launch into some frothing-at-the-mouth tirade against Western media; you have no problem running with their stories when it suits you.
edit on 9/6/12 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Although this behaviour is clearly appalling, one must ask one very simple, and yet staggeringly important question. How exactly did the correspondent make a positive identification of the group with which he was travelling? The reason this is important is due mainly to the chaotic nature of the region in which this event unfolded. From the way that stories are being reported from Syria, it seems rather as though both sides are playing shadow games.

By that I mean that it is clear that Assad has agents and proxies who do not appear to be part of the military machine he has mobilised against his people. These would be the same men responsible for the murder of civilians during the recent massacres over the last few days, which spawned strong words from both Kofi Anan, and Ban Ki Moon during recent meetings of the UN.

I would imagine that there are agents of the FSA within Assad's military forces as well. With all these shadowy figures running about the place, how is it exactly, that this mere journalist can have any clear idea of who it was he was dealing with ? I would not discount the possibility that he is correct, but I would also encourage certainty before claiming such behaviour on the part of the FSA or affiliated anti government forces in Syria.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think it is important to consider alternative reports, especially in regard to what is "reportedly" happening in Syria.

I have extreme doubts about the true "agenda" there. IMO, the US and the West have their own agenda and they are selling a tune that the world is singing for them.

It's my position that those who believe and promote what they're being feed by their government and/or media, are either asleep, or they are "in on it."

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

It wasn't reported by CNN now was it? Nope.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

It wasn't reported by CNN now was it? Nope.

Press TV aren't covering it either. They're in cahoots!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I would also like to point out there is very strong rumors that the 2 large massacres in Syria of those murdered were mostly Christians - who just so happen to be pro-Assad. Syria's Christians are now leaving Syria in droves to Lebanon. Got the hint?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Shame on CNN for not reporting this, this tells you that they have an agenda.

Oh, absolutely. They would however be all over that story if the reporter was in fact killed by the Syrian Milltary. That is the story they are trying constantly to fabricate.

Syria is Bad.
Everything there bad.
Must help.
Make bad good.
Bomb all bad away.

The tragedy is that there is a rabble running around in your town with heavy weapons trying to cause a horrific tragedy so horrifyingly horrific that the whole world will rise up to stop the horribleness and just go ahead already and bomb them into subjugation. They keep trying by outdoing the last murderous killing spree or terrific explosion or film of fire and death to make it so bad that there is no alternative but to invade.

How low do you have to be to make it your job to create more and more horrific massacres? And how lower to arm and support these? How lower still to lie about the truth of it and refer to these openly in the mass media as "Friends of Syria?"

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I would also like to point out there is very strong rumors that the 2 large massacres in Syria of those murdered were mostly Christians - who just so happen to be pro-Assad. Syria's Christians are now leaving Syria in droves to Lebanon. Got the hint?

If thats the case then i guess the video that the Free Sryian Press did about threatening Christians then that explain a lot, you got a link for the news on the Christians ?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

As Assad forces or the shadow militia of Assad killed Reporter and UN crew
US & allies call for an military intervention on Sryia.

It's "standard" military tactics.

And it's been happening in every conflict, since Yougoslavia.

The one thing, that people always seem to lack, when they consider these conflicts. That they must lookat "motive" and "opportunity". And in none of these cases, has it served "the regime" to perform such acts, but it does serve the rebels purpose to have atrocities be "stamped" on the government.

And then you have to ask yourself, wether it does or doesn't serve NATO's purpose as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Although this behaviour is clearly appalling, one must ask one very simple, and yet staggeringly important question. How exactly did the correspondent make a positive identification of the group with which he was travelling?

The report stinks.

The journalists were there to do a job. They knew full the risks involved and most certainly DEMANDED to be in the hot zone, and not kept in some cushy hotel to fax reports. They WANTED to be there, but NOW, they claim that they are being set up???? What's their true agenda?

Did other true war correspondents covering other events scream bloody murder when shells start falling on them?

I appreciate very much war correspondents' new reports as well as their courage, and most certainly wish they need not be there, but then no one will get to know the TRUTH of what is happening in the field and many will attempt to whitewash bloodshed and atrocities.

But they do have the choice of covering or not covering those news. Personally, I would rather ALL non-combatants leave those dangerous areas, for those Assadist beasts are cunning animals, and will lie in wait when others think it is clear to check on post-slaughter, in order to leave no witnesses alive.

There is enough reports and evidences on hand to demand the barbaric Assadists to be brought to accountability and justice today, or face the wrath of Humanity. We must not leave our innocent fellow human brothers and sisters in Syria behind when they are pleading for mankind's help.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So they take the reporters to a known location where Assad's forces are shooting at the rebels.
It is still Assad's forces that are the bad guys shooting into no fire zones.

Only terrorist loving America hating truth twisters would misconstrue this any other way.

Assad will be down and out pretty soon, and you guys will have egg on your faces as usual like when Ghadaffi fell, Saddam fell, Milosevic fell, Mubarak fell.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
So they take the reporters to a known location where Assad's forces are shooting at the rebels.

Only terrorist loving America hating truth twisters would misconstrue this any other way.

Assad will be down and out pretty soon, and you guys will have egg on your faces as usual like when Ghadaffi fell, Saddam fell, Milosevic fell, Mubarak fell.

you mean all the american supported rejimes have fallen and its america haters that have egg on their faces?
'
ummmm......

I'll have what he'es moe king
edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

you mean all the american supported rejimes have fallen and its america haters that have egg on their faces?
'
ummmm......

If we make em we can break em.
Nothing anyone can do about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
All the more reason Assad needs to finish the terrorists once and for all, theyre going to get even more innocent people killed than they already have.Those "free syrian rebels" aren't syrian theyre the libyans, taliban, muslim brotherhood and probably every other terrorist group out there trying to stir up crap...oh and throw Jezebel...er i mean Hillary Clinton in there (damn i always seem to get those 2 mixed up
) and the White House in there as well.

When you take a look at who all stands to gain from Assad's ousting, there's just no way he could be doing what he is accused of. I think someone wants to use Syria as a staging ground to start a war with Israel, because Assad said he'd burn the entire M.E. starting with Israel if NATO tried to oust him, so therye trying to use unconventional means like they did with Ghaddafi and then paint the murderers as the heroes.
edit on 9-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join