It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you know how you will react!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
in scary or random situations, but you don't, I thought I did.
I was just in a car accident, small one in comparison but the guy was bleeding profusely from above the eye.
I started shaking, and went for the bandaids in my trunk, I was all over the place.
I knew what to do but had a hard time controlling myself in a timely manner.
I don't understand how doctors could do that kind of thing!
it might be because I had just been in the accident myself but I didn't start shaking until I saw the blood.
perhaps the possibility of death ran in my thoughts?

edit on 8-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Everyone hesitates the first time or two.

After that your natural instinctual inclination will take over.

Goodness I hope you are OK.

Ive been in a couple doosies and you dont always except what they actually do to you. . take care of yourself and see some one right away after a couple days its not right right away.

cheers
edit on 8-6-2012 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That can shake you up! I am relieved your all right. Don't be hard on yourself about your reaction it is part of the autonomic system and therefore not under your control.

What happens is a massive release of chemicals called catecholamines released by the adrenal glands. One side effect is that your brain does not function properly. Dr. and nurses are trained to pause for a moment and then react, because of this response of the body to sudden stress.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Lol so true!
When I was a teen, I was sharpening my girlfriend's Grandma's kitchen knives with my brand new ceramic sticks sharpener.
I guess I hit the stick too hard and it broke.
I managed to cut through my thumb and index finger so they were just dangling there....bummer ehh?
I grab my hand and apply pressure while my brother ran to get me a towel.
Now here is the ABSOLUTELY funny part,....
My girlfriend ran inside and came back out with two handfulls of strip band aids and says "Here baby"!

I'm gushing, parts dangling and she got bandaids.
Long story short, went to the hospital and found out there are some real good doctors out there, all works.

top topics

join