It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason for Rand Paul's endorsement from a Ron Paul campaign manager

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This was mass e-mailed to me by the campaign manager for Ron Paul in Michigan, figure it'd give a little insight.
I do understand this explanation as this is how political mudslinging begins in both the campaigns and the media. I can respect the move but I wouldnt count Ron out just yet.

Lately I am being bombarded with questions about Rand Paul endorsing Romney.

People are feeling betrayed. They are calling Rand a sell-out.

It might seem that way at first blush.

But Rand is not a sell-out, and Ron is not a quitter.

Let me try to explain what is really going on here.

My friend Dan McCarthy, editor of the venerable publication The American Conservative, put it this way:

"I'm an old Buchananite. Pat Buchanan always endorsed the nominee, no matter how painful it was. Because to not do so causes more harm to the holdout, than to the candidate."

It is at this point certain that, while we will certainly have an enormous impact on the national convention and the Republican party, winning the nomination is just outside of our grasp.

Our goal now, as ever, is to advance the "Ron Paul Revolution" in the best ways possible. That will mean continuing the tasks that once served our goal of winning the primary: to build strong local organizations that continue to recruit, train, equip, and mobilize grassroots leaders all across America.

By giving Romney the obligatory endorsement, Rand Paul just denied his enemies (and ours) a hammer to whack him (and us) over the head with for the next several years, should Obama be re-elected.

If Ron and Rand both refuse to endorse Romney and he loses narrowly to Obama, we would never hear the end of it. We would be villified by every other conservative group out there.

And nobody outside of our own circles would believe the truth, which is that we are the real Republicans and they, Romney and his fellow aristocrats, are the counterfeits.

Rand just did a great thing for us. I'm sure it was not easy for him.

He gave a purely obligatory endorsement, so that we can continue to carry on our fight to reclaim the American Right without being beaten over the head in the media for hurting the party.

Remember, Rand's endorsement compels nobody to act on it. And I haven't heard a single Ron Paul supporter saying they'll support Romney because Rand said so.

Rand did the right thing.

And as Jack Hunter explains:

"Ron Paul conceding he won’t be president and Rand Paul supporting the presumptive GOP nominee are but trivial anecdotes to the obvious and ongoing success of the most transformative political movement of our time: The rEVOLution."

He made a 10-minute video elaborating on this interesting point: that Ron Paul is becoming something more important than President. Watch it here.

Most importantly, what has been the reaction of Dr. Paul to his son's endorsement of Romney? I don't think there have been any media appearances about it yet, but I know for certain the elder Dr. Paul will stand 100% behind his son's decision.

In a webinar recorded back in October, now posted to Grassroots Central under the title Leadership with Michael Rothfeld, the last question I asked him concerned the subject of character. Mike explained:

"Character is what you do when nobody is watching... but character is also what you do when everyone is watching.

"What are you going to do if you lose?

"Are you going to quit?"

Are you going to call it a rigged game and give up? Are you going to let this historic campaign reduce to nothing more than a bump on the road to tyranny?

Or are you going to continue the fight, yield the battle graciously, and begin planning for the next battle?

Saul Anuzis, who always hated Ron Paul's movement and spent his resources engineering the primary to benefit Romney, recently lost his re-election campaign for National Committeeman... badly.

He had to take to the dais and call for the party to unite behind David Agema, his opponent, for national commiteeman.

I'm sure he would have loved to have denounced the convention for revolting against him, to tell us we're all a bunch of idiots, and so on.

But he could not. Not there on the dais. He would have done himself great harm by being anything other than a good sport in front of the state party. He had to concede to his opponent.

Rand had to endorse Romney. At this point, the longer he continued to refuse, the worse it makes us look.

Rand understood this, and did the right thing--knowing even that there would be this blowback within his base.

The Revolution will continue forward, and as we make more and more progress, more and more will be possible.

But don't blame Rand for doing what he was obliged to do. He was an remains a leader and a fighter in the U.S. Senate for Audit the Fed, against the Patriot Act, against Internet regulations, and so much more. He will be a leader in the freedom movement for years, perhaps decades to come.

Let me close with this thought:

Every time the campaign did something our supporters did not understand, the opposition placed stories in the media to sow fear and distrust within our supporters. It is psychological warfare, and a reality in politics.

The establishment would love nothing more than for our movement to shatter as the campaign comes to an end.

We will not give them that.

If you have trust in Ron Paul, and if you have trust in Carol Paul, have their trust in their son.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

You know what? I don't really care any more! I stood buy RonP and even donated money because I believed in what he said. Not so much anymore. I don't believe for a second that Rand didn't consult with his father before he came out with his hypocritical endorsement of more of the same ole same ole as we got in the WH now!

I don't believe a G^% D%#& word that comes from ANY wealthy politician any more! Let's face it, we all complain about career politicians and rightfully so. However, how long has Ron been in Washington? Wake the hell up folks, we have NO representation in our government now and we never will until WE THE PEOPLE send all of their sorry asses home!

By the way, when was the last time we had a poor or struggling intelligent person sit in our presidential seat? Yea, not for a long damn time!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The core message in that mail are similar to the long term aspect of this whole thing I posted about earlier:

Ron Paul: A reminder that eventually we'll have to let go.

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The whole reason I liked Ron Paul was because I thought he would do/say what he believed, party be damned. Im completely disgusted and that letter sickens me even more! To hell with them all, I give up!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is of course expected by most people as political move. However, many of Pauls followers bought into the whole Paul is not a politician and is different than all the other career politicians. When he did not get any support and started his delegate stealing scheme they did not see it as a political move to try and get some convention speaking time and instead saw a rebel trying to win any way possible. Their is a diconnect between what Paul is and always has been and what many of his followers have built him into. Today some of them have opened their eyes but, no doubt many will spin this to fit their version of how they want to see things.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
This is of course expected by most people as political move. However, many of Pauls followers bought into the whole Paul is not a politician and is different than all the other career politicians. When he did not get any support and started his delegate stealing scheme they did not see it as a political move to try and get some convention speaking time and instead saw a rebel trying to win any way possible. Their is a diconnect between what Paul is and always has been and what many of his followers have built him into. Today some of them have opened their eyes but, no doubt many will spin this to fit their version of how they want to see things.

Which Paul ya ranting about? Sounds like Ron but this thread is about Rand, so...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sorry, that sound like CRAP to me.

Might work for the republicans in the mix, but I'd go back to my democrat ways before I ever, ever supported the republican establishment in ANY darn thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Sorry, that sound like CRAP to me.

Might work for the republicans in the mix, but I'd go back to my democrat ways before I ever, ever supported the republican establishment in ANY darn thing.

Exactly.

I think that's the key oversight they're missing with this political maneuvering. The support from the disenfranchised, the ex-Democrats, and the Independents will not put up with this political bs. I did not donate my time and money for the hypothetical idea that Ron Paul's ideals might some how take over the GOP in 25 years... What are they smoking? I may seem pessimistic, but I don't think people of this country have the time for the off chance that eventually the GOP will wake up, and become a party of the people... It's not happening. The whole system is corrupted to it's core...

I watched the Jack Hunter video, and it made me sick ... To equate Robertson with Paul, is.... Well I don't have the words.... I guess, it's idealistic to hope for such such things in the future, but we need need something now. Not hypothetically in 25 years. The system is the closest thing to evil incarnate, and we're just to hope that the young that support Paul, will enter said system, and not be corrupted along the way? right....

For the Campaign to just lay down and tell supporters to just blindly give the GOP support (which along with the MSM have done nothing but mocked his support base (I could go into the outright fraud, but will not)), is an insult to all those who involved. By posting the Hunter video, they did just that.

Sickening... But eye opening as well. Did Rand Paul endorse McCain in 2008? I don't think he did.... I think a deal was made behind closed doors, and the campaign kept pushing the "we can still win angle" to just bring in more donations (which is fraud). This is dirty. Sort of makes me wonder what's been taking place behind the scenes. How could he endorse a man that engineered the beginnings of today's Obama care, that supports the NDAA, I could go on....

Has Ron said anything?

edit on 8-6-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

What a load of Crap ...

Those that betray their values for political power are betraying themselves and their constituents .

And lets not confuse the issue We are talking about the future of Liberty Worldwide .

Tyranny is not something you accept for political expediency .

I never liked rand from the beginning ... and I'll never support him for endorsing a Warmonger .

The ISSUES are not some trivial crap ..We are talking about the Rights Of Free People to choose their destiny.

To live in a World that they create .. Not some Corporate Sell Outs vision of more profits through tyranny and War .
No I will Not Have that in my Future ..

Just as I have said all along ..Its not the process that will save us .. Its what the process makes us that Will .

I wait for the rise of the true Sons Of Liberty.. for the sign to all the World that We Will Not Accept or Endure this Tyranny upon the minds of men .

Screw the Cowards it has always be their way to trade Liberty for a secure position in their present tyranny .

I will Not bow to your weakness ..

I wait for you Brothers to decide the time is right .

I'm sure that day is coming now more than ever .

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The answer is hog wash, I questioned his motives when he attacked everyone but Romney during the campaign, but now I am convinced Paul was planning this the entire time.

There is no way Rand gave this endorsement without the knowledge and consent of his father. It's over folks, we fell for it.

I think Paul is simply trying to play politics to get into power eventually and implement changes, but I can't stand playing politics. I'd prefer he drop out of the GOP and run as an independent/libertarian than fight for the acceptance of their corrupt support.

Ron and Rand Paul can both go to hell.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by MrSpad

Which Paul ya ranting about? Sounds like Ron but this thread is about Rand, so...

Both. This is a typical Paul bait and switch. You know how he used to ad earmarks to popular bills he knew would pass so he could get the pork but, vote against them at the same time keep his clean voting record? This is the same thing. Son backs Romney so they do not get booted by the GOP and Ron can say well I did not do it I am still consistent. However, it is very clear they are working in tandom. Rand would not act without Pauls support. This is the political shell game Ron has always been so good at.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There are A LOT of ron paul 'fans' who clearly dont understand one thing about how politics or washington works (for better and worse). They all just want to believe that Ron Paul is the answer to everything and that the only thing that needs to happen in the US is to get Ron Paul elected.

SO, as events like Rand's endorsement unfolds, and people have to learn about party unity and partisanship, they get dismayed.

Welcome to reality, zealots.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Seems like the Obama camp is busy at work. Even right here in this thread. Discount Ron Paul, discount his movement. Create anger among the Ron Paul base. Get them back on team Obama...

Seems like this is what the point of this thread is all about....

Maybe it has been their plan all along.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Seems like the Obama camp is busy at work. Even right here in this thread. Discount Ron Paul, discount his movement. Create anger among the Ron Paul base. Get them back on team Obama...

Sigh. Just a big, big SIGH.

The one's 'discrediting' Ron Paul are the Republicans. They've been doing it for decades. Obama supporters could care less about Paul, and, in most cases, have never even heard of the guy.

Ron Paul 'fans' need to display a little more understanding of the issues they speak of if they want to be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Sigh. Just a big, big SIGH.

The one's 'discrediting' Ron Paul are the Republicans. They've been doing it for decades. Obama supporters could care less about Paul, and, in most cases, have never even heard of the guy.

Ron Paul 'fans' need to display a little more understanding of the issues they speak of if they want to be taken seriously.

Sigh away.... it's still a free country. Nice use of an indirect ad hominem attack. You folks are so very easy to spot. Carry on and by all means keep being useful.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Nice use of an indirect ad hominem attack. You folks are so very easy to spot.

How IRONIC that you claim my post was a personal attack while you engage in baseless claims that anyone critical of Paul (despite all actual evidence) are "Obama supporters'.Talk abut attacking the man instead of the idea. Of course totally ignoring the bulk of the topic by claiming "ad hominem' attack is the lame-response de jour these days.

Here's a tip: If you want to be taken seriously, your opinions need to have a basis in fact.

Go see what the GOP say about Paul. They LOATHE the man. Obama supporters just ignore him.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Oh indeed Obama supporters do ignore Ron Paul as evidenced by all the attacks and vehement posts from the Obama crowd in every single Ron Paul thread on this forum. Really if you want to be taken seriously pay better attention my friend.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Most people don't understand how the game is played.
The Ron Paul revolution was never about the man, but a movement. The movement has not only gotten its foot in the door , but has entered the room.Paul supporters ( the movement) now hold the chairmanship and co-chair in several GOP State conventions. So the movement has suceeded , and will move forward. Those seats will remain in the movements hands till 2016. And RAND Paul , by indorsing Mittens has positioned himself in favor, in the partys eyes.

Many of you would be lousy at chess.

top topics

join