It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which ATS Members Would You Like To See Square Off In Debate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just watched a killer CGI video someone made:

... and it made me think - who are the "Super Heroes" and "Super Villains" on ATS?

Let's face it, without heated debate ATS would be snooze land...
Who would you like to see square off in a debate, and over what topic?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I like to think of myself as a strong debater.. I accept any and all challenges to debates over the topics of religion, god, and politics.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

I think SkepticOverlord should debate Boncho, and they should discuss Abortion and the Hollow Earth theory.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The ATS fight club used to be pretty strong, but there haven't been many official debates lately.

I like to go toe to toe in the textual, virtual sense. I'm up for a debate with any one, it just depends on the topic. Personally I like to stay away from politics.

edit on 8-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'd like to see Phage and Zorgon go at it in a debate.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm the ultimate debate champion
ahaa as long as I'm debating the right side, as always

I like debating with the mods when they are wrong, back em in a corner and they run through the mouse hole!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
I'd like to see Phage and Zorgon go at it in a debate.

I would sit in the sidelines for that. That would be a battle of TITANS. Lol

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would like to see Phage and Slayer in debate.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'd have to think one between Phage and Zorgon would be pretty interesting...

On that vid though, that's crazy, Superman wins against ANY other, as he's way overpowered. Unless the Hulk has some Kryptonite. Otherwise, Superman bear hugs Hulk, flies into space...lets go... Dead Hulk. Superman is stronger, faster, smarter, and nigh indestructible (and doesn't seem to need to breathe in space or underwater).

Personally, if I were Superman, priority one would be donning a lead suit and collecting every ounce of Kryptonite I could gather, and throwing it right into a nearby star.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I agree I even followed the process and sent Semper Fortus a U2U to begin my fighter status and never even heard from him. Apparently it just isn't what it used to be.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Where's part 3?

I haven't been on ATS long enough to decide on two people who I believe would make a great debate battle. Sorry I couldn't contribute to this thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Yeah, I agree. The ATS clubs are pretty much done with. Too many new members, with too much going on to manage the writers, fighters, and scholars. Sad, but true methinks.

I think Slayer and a challenger would be a good debate. However my money is on Slayer.... Dude knows his stuff.

Rockpuck is quite the debater, too. He's been in the fighter forum a few times.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i would like the debate to be about how to remove the crazy overhang of interest on every bodies lives that causes them to suffer, and an alternative to slavery to interest that compounds us into servitude.

the euro crisis is one of compounding interest on loans, remove the crushing interest and pay down the principal,
no more bail outs needed.

if this was the topic i would like to debate and discuss solutions with all.

ill take on anyone

xploder
edit on 8-6-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

On that vid though, that's crazy, Superman wins against ANY other, as he's way overpowered. Unless the Hulk has some Kryptonite. Otherwise, Superman bear hugs Hulk, flies into space...lets go... Dead Hulk. Superman is stronger, faster, smarter, and nigh indestructible (and doesn't seem to need to breathe in space or underwater).

Nahh...that's no good. Here's some overview of the Hulk's abilities during his career (linked sources at his Wiki article):

The Hulk possesses the potential for limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger. This has been reflected in the repeated comment, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." After probing, the entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside." His durability, regeneration, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper. Greg Pak described the Hulk shown during World War Hulk as having a level of physical power where "Hulk was stronger than any mortal—and most immortals—who ever walked the Earth."

The Hulk's level of strength is normally limited by Banner's subconscious influence. When Hulk allowed Jean Grey to psionically "shut Banner off", he reached a scale of power on which he managed to overpower and destroy the physical form of the villain Onslaught.

The Hulk is resistant to most forms of injury or damage. The extent varies between interpretations, but he has withstood the equivalent of solar temperatures, nuclear explosions, and planet-shattering impacts. Despite his remarkable resiliency, continuous barrages of high-caliber gunfire can hinder his movement to some degree, and this has been consistently portrayed outside the comic books, in both live-action films and animation. He has been shown to have both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities, including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater, surviving unprotected in space for extended periods, and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds. As an effect, he has an extremely prolonged lifespan.

The Hulk's powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, and Sentry.

He also possesses less commonly described powers, including abilities allowing him to "home in" to his place of origin in New Mexico, resist psychic control, or unwilling transformation; grow stronger from radiation or dark magic; and to see and interact with astral forms. The Hulk is also able to generate omnidirectional "worldbreaker" bursts of kinetic energy that completely destroy the planet he is standing on.

I mean, come on. He can survive prolonged periods in space, Superman's planet was destroyed...maybe it's actually Hulk who did it (yeah yeah, I know it wasn't - but he's got the ability)! He basically can't be beat by anything Superman offers up, according to the comics.

As to the OP - anyone who gets caught up in a thread-consuming debate that spans pages, officially, in the formal debate forum.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
stereologist debate...himself...since no one else pays any attention to him

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

You know, I followed the protocol as well to participate in research for scholar status, and U2U'd the appropriate mod as suggested, and never got an answer. Maybe an update on the process and who to contact is in order.

To the OP: As far as debating, most debates on here devolve into insulting matches, and I am not interested in that. If I could see two posters debate fairly, with facts and logic, I would like to read it. But the "death match" between two "titans" sounds like a WWF smackdown, and a bit of a turn-off for me.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I dunno who is in charge now. It used to be ADVISOR. I've sent him a pm also to get my scholar status back ( getting post banned removes status). I can still access the research forum and participate, however, so the title doesn't really concern me.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To bad Zorgons no longer here to see that, I think they've had few good debates previously regarding moon pics and atmosphers though

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i'd like to see a verbal debate, live, face to face, alot of the members here hide behind the keyboard (like myself
) and have unlimited time to create arguments and exploit every little flaw to their advantage.

i'd like to see some of the more extreme-minded members go off at each other on the spot

edit on 8-6-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join