It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Items you would give anything to get back...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

McRibs make a come back every now and then. Why they aren't always available--I don't know. I think because we'd get sick of them if we could have them whenever we wanted.

Speaking of fast food items--Wendy's Monterey Ranch Chicken sandwich used to be a limited offer like the McRib. But they don't exist anymore. They have a sad little sandwich by the same name on the dollar menu..but give me a break. Glad I don't eat fast food nearly as much as I used too!

Those fruity sugar juice in the wax bottles are still around. You can find them in a dollar-store type place if you're lucky. I loved those as a kid! But for a long time all I could find were those mini gummi coke bottles (with no juice inside).

Warheads sour candy were great, they were TRULY sour. I don't think they exist anymore either.

That also reminds me...weren't candy cigarettes awesome? Man, I miss those too

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
candy cigarrettes, with cornstarch in the bottom of the pack, so you could blow a cloud of "smoke" on the playground.

And bubble gum cigars.

Speaking of bubblegum, I used to get my hair cut in an actual barber shop when I was a kid. It had the red, white, and blue pole outside that was lit and turning when he was open. He had a leather chair like a throne with all kinds of controls and adjustments. Now the guy who cuts my hair is a "stylist". He probably does a better job but charges like a dinner date.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
French Toast Crunch cereal. Apparently it was discontinued in the U.S.

@NarcolepticBuddha
I see warheads all the time. Not sure where you are at but they sell them in California.
edit on 10-6-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Silver state. I'll look for em next time I'm in a real candy shop. We sure don't have em at grocery store or gas stations like we used to.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I've seen Teaberry gum at Walgreen's.

They also have the violet products and that gum that comes in the white, black and blue pack. I think it's licorice flavored.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Has anyone seen Ferrara Pan jawbreakers around?

I can't find them anywhere, even at Walgreen's.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
When I was a kid, and there was a REAL candy store, they had these little black and red raspberry candies, loose in a jar. They had kind of a jelly center, with black or red crunchy beads on the outside. Loved those.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You can occassionaly find the teaberry gum. I liked the clove.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I found cracker jacks the other day!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here are a few of my would do anything to taste again:
Kelloggs Danish Go Rounds blueberry or strawberry way back in the early 70's they were like poptarts but much much better
Snack Pack chocolate pudding in the little can early 70's
Hostess little pies sad Hostess went out of business a bit ago

Famous Amos choc and mac nut cookies just can't find them anywhere
really really ice cold Yoohoo the way it was long ago
and last but not least my fav Haggen Daz strawberry cheese cake frozen yogurt last time I saw it
was at least 3 years ago miss it so very much!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My black leather jacket. I left it in an empty bar for less then 15 minutes. When I went to retrieve it, the bartender - with a smirk - said he hadn't seen it or anyone take it. I'm sure his girlfriend got a nice little present that night.

Inside the jacket was a very cool, special, engraved Zippo.

Okay this thread is bumming me out - now a happy thought.

The hostess fruit pies. Yes, I know they still make them but they do seem quite a bit smaller & have many more ingredients as well. And my Evel Knievel doll with the motorcycle and wind up crank thingy. Man, that was cool.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I know what HHcore is going to post.....

Frankenberry? XD

Sorry I was late lol

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Warheads sour candy were great, they were TRULY sour. I don't think they exist anymore either.

That also reminds me...weren't candy cigarettes awesome? Man, I miss those too

Whaaat? You don't have warheads or candy cigarettes around you? Over here (Chicago suburbs) they're all over. If they don't have them at grocery stores check at a CVS (or other convenience store) or a 7 Eleven or something.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Oh, I'm pretty certain we don't have them. Another poster near my state said they have the Warheads. But candy cigarettes? How can those still be around in this age of political correctness? Maybe they're right next to the candy contraceptives

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I used to love the Carnation Breakfast bars in the 70's and 80's.
Probably would not be as good as I remember them.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

We have the mustard pretzels around here. What I miss is the Gardettos sour cream and onion mix! Haven't seen those in probably ten years.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Oh, I'm pretty certain we don't have them. Another poster near my state said they have the Warheads. But candy cigarettes? How can those still be around in this age of political correctness? Maybe they're right next to the candy contraceptives

I have seen candy cigarettes around but they renamed them to "candy sticks". I see them at Halloween. They are exactly the same. I remember when they were in boxes that looked like Pall Malls and such.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
housefire in 07 claimed everything I owned, I think the pictures of me and my dog meant the most, I would like my time back, living in that hotel for a year, or I would like to have never lived that experience of seeing the flames shooting out the hallway or fighting them with a small fire extinguisher and have thick billowing smoke in your face in your own home and the ambulances, fire trucks and all the neighbours looking causing a huge commotion, taken to the hospital and told nothing of yours made it, yeah I just want to go back before that.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

There are a few things.....I owned a 1954 Mercury Sun Valley when I had the wreck, it was sold off to pay the IRS back taxes. It looked like this:

I lost some irreplaceable items in a fire in 1974 too, a complete Confederate Infantry Uniform, with Kepi, that belonged to the handsome man in my avatar, several pounds of gold coins, several pounds of silver coins, a 27 year collection of Hot Rod and Playboy magazines, and over 200 model cars I had built while growing up.
I would love to be able to go back and rescue these things.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

I went to a local bbq restaurant last week. They sell old time candy near the register. And lo and behold they had actual candy cigarettes in their cigarette-like packaging. Couldn't believe it. I haven't seen them since I was a kid.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join