It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on "hell".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Sounds like a lot of preaching (aka, missing the point of the thread).
Where does it say he hates humanity in any authority? Ultimately, he seems to be more concerned that they (humans) love god conditionally...see the story of job.

He seems to have no major opinion on us outside of how we aren't perfect obedient beings as god thinks..that our worship is conditional based on prizes given, or losses incurred...

He seems to be wanting to teach god a lesson, not mankind..therefore, logic dictates he would be more successful if not only did his domain of candy for all become more popular with the living, but even those in heaven that knelt at god would start also drifting..

Humans are not the actual issue here..we are pawns..we are simply in the middle of a debate between these two entities about a greater issue that doesn't even involve us.

Put it on a scale we understand
You are dating a girl. the girl breaks up with you and dates someone else...
You are talking to this girl, saying this new guy doesn't love you how you did, will go cheat on you with the first floozy that comes his way, etc.
There is no actual valid opinion about the new person..this is a debate between the two..you aren't actually concerned about this guys intentions..You are simply wanting to teach your ex a lesson...punching the guy doesn't help at all, but hiring some hooker to be with him..making him leave her for what your side offers..now that is a lesson taught to her.

you punching the new boyfriend only solidifies her resolve, and makes him closer to her to begin with...so, unless it is good cop/bad cop to bring everyone to god anyhow, then it makes no sense

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
According to The Bible Satan nor Lucifer rules heaven, it is just a place constructed by God that even Lucifer and Satan will be in.

If God is omnipresent, then it is a contradiction for hell to exist... unless, a part of God is in hell too.

We can look at people's near death experiences and see that Hell and Heaven as described in The Bible is not true.

There are even people who remember their past lives and it can be confirmed....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Whats your philosophy and view of what a hell would be in relation to the judeo-christian idea of hell being the domain of the person whom tried to be a greater god? Torture and suffer? pleasure and desire? blackness?

Heaven and hell are states of being, emotional and physical. Heaven is the emotional state of peace and serenity which comes about by accepting that all things are God's will. Hell is brought on by rejecting this notion. It leads one to fear, anger, and despair in their lives. No peace can come to them as they are continually dissatisfied with life the way it is, are unwilling to make the changes they can, or are unwilling to accept what is not in their power to change.

If you think you can create life better than God and are remorseful or even angry that he did not consult you for your expertise, you are the incarnation of Satan in your life and hell is your domain. You will suffer in this state both emotionally and physically until you are broken and built anew.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nobody knows we shall see when we die, I myself have no Idea what happens after I die but I look forward to it, I wouldn't matter if it would just be as sleeping or if we live on. But I do not believe in a Hell which people will be tortured eternally, or something like that. I cannot see how the all knowing allmighty all seeing being that created everything and all could do that...I just can't, and how people worship something like that is out of my mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join