It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High school teacher tells graduating students: you’re not special

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
just what every principal wants to say to their flock. reminds me of The Inbetweeners movie scene with Mr Gilbert. This is uk comedy which was very funny at times. search you tube for "the inbetweeners movie mr Gilbert speech".
I would have pasted a link but couldn't get it somehow. if you can embed it that would tops. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

good call prav.

How about something like "you have the potential to do whatever you want as long as you work hard for it but UNTIL you gain some qualifications or skills, at present you are worth jack sXXt"

At least they might then realise that the world does NOT owe them something.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 21st century man

Found the you tube link:

www.youtube.com...

Made me laugh anyway!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This is why they start eating bath salts and go on murdering sprees on college campuses, because all their life people have been telling them they are special and then they get out in the real world and see the ugly truth that they AREN`T special, they are just another run of the mill sap. When they come face to face with the reality that they aren`t special and that their whole life and everything they believed and been told about being special was a lie, they can`t deal with it mentally.They go nuts and become violent,antisocial,rude,obnoxious etc etc.They try to tear down everyone and everything around them that they percieve to be better than they are so that they might finally actually be as special and wonderful as they have always been told that they were.IMO.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
This is why they start eating bath salts and go on murdering sprees on college campuses, because all their life people have been telling them they are special and then they get out in the real world and see the ugly truth that they AREN`T special, they are just another run of the mill sap. When they come face to face with the reality that they aren`t special and that their whole life and everything they believed and been told about being special was a lie, they can`t deal with it mentally.They go nuts and become violent,antisocial,rude,obnoxious etc etc.They try to tear down everyone and everything around them that they percieve to be better than they are so that they might finally actually be as special and wonderful as they have always been told that they were.IMO.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

It's not just random people telling them that they are special without any proper justification. It's the advertising and PR industry which tells people this. And they told the same thing to the current generation's parent too.

It isn't parents spoiling their children, it isn't the 'nanny state', it's the frigging industry profiteers who lie and misrepresent everything about the reality of existence. Yet this dude making the speech seems to have no idea about that, and the education system itself seem entirely unaware that has been infiltrated and compromised by the demands of industry and mass-media advertising

Every time someone like Christina Aguilera sings:

'Cause you are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down, oh no
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down, oh no
So don't you bring me down today

No matter what we do
No matter what we do
(No matter what we say)
No matter what we say

then every vulnerable, impressionable person's brain goes into a piece of reality defying mental gymnastics. It has nothing to do with helping people, and everything to do with confusing them and making money from them.

If many people have an unrealistic sense of entitlement, then blame the industry which is 100% dedicated to selling unreality for a profit. Don't blame parents or teachers for caring about their children and trying to make life better for them - do blame them for not realising they are being subverted by a system which indoctrinates people into believing material objects, money and endless competitiveness is the ineffable metric of 'success''.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
People seem to confuse being special with being loved.

One doesn't have to be special, significant, smart, witty, attractive, unique or distinguished in any given way to be loved. And being loved trumps all else, imho.

Soooo yeah. I'm not special? Big deal.

I'm not loved? Much bigger deal.

Thankfully however,

I may not be anybody but I AM loved

Regards,

FTE

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Hello followthe evidence, ATS Readers, Writers,

PRECISELY FTE, right on...

Yes, if they are not LOVED, then we have some other serious issues brewing for the childs future...

Perhaps some of the troll types might be able to grok the point I was trying to make... you seperated it very well.

I am NOT a teenager hating fascist..lmao!!! Cracks me up some of the responses...lol.

They are NOT special... just another teenager... and thats all! Special to their family, YES, friends, YES.. but to the world in general .. nah, just another useless eater to milk for eternity for taxes and etc..

In the original post I did say it was a generalization... and I stand by that...

Now, I am ordering my SS uniform today..lmao!! I am adding the monacle and getting a scar put on my face for effect... need one of them skinny riding crops to beat the spoiled brats with right???

Sigh....

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What a misanthrope

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Right on! I love it!

None of you are special. Quit being drones!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Obviously somebody missed the thread on the power of a single thought from earlier in the week. Although this guy has a valid point, a good parent and role model would not come out and ram this down someone's throat and put out their fire. So while you tell your kids they are not special, I am meanwhile teaching my kids how to be a soldier in this ultra competitive world we have. My own mom and stepdad beat the odds and moved my brother and i out from under welfare, food stamps, government housing, through doctorate and grad school level educations. It was no accident. It all started with a thought and a lot of willpower.

While some of you may be laughing at this story, some of the students probably did too. But i think it is terribly sad if even one student has his fire put out. One last thought, the OP, sorry you got picked on in HS. Sure sounds like you have some anger to deal with.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by White Locust

Hello White Locust, ATS Readers, Writers,

NOPE... wrong buckwheat, you have no clue...

I had a great high school time, and the darn few times I did get picked on I either ignored it if not worthy of effort.. OR I knocked em on their backside, and taught them a few manners if it deemed such action.

LMAO!! You crack me up, you automatically know everything dont you??? How EVERYTHING went in life for me...right??? What a putz..lmao...

Troll on my friend...... you might try reading the post, and watching the vid others put up for us to hear... quit shooting the messenger please..

Or are you buying my nazi uniform for me???

LMAO

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is what I LOVE about the education system; it's filled with people who, despite being ridiculously over paid, having a completely corrupt onion (in a good way, for' the teachers), and who get away with murder in terms of how [awful] they treat their students, are so bitter they can't even give kids some hope going into the real world.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hi Hunka hunka...

So posting a news story.... a making a couple of comments from real life experiences, agreeing with a lot of what the teacher said....

Wait for it....

Now turns me into a hater of the human species????? WOW.... amazing.... THANK GOD you aren't in a postion of real power like Holder, or Obama.... Id have a drone over my house with my head in its crosshairs.. lmao..

So this teacher surely deserves encarceration, in Gitmo... and waterboarded... since I am a misanthrope for just posting it?? the REAL author of this news piece... well.. we should just get the BLACK PANTHERS to add him to the list, right after Zimmerman.. lmao!

Pravdaseeker

Sigh.. another with no clue..troll on

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Dear ATS Trolls, amazing Kreskins; who diagnosed me with a previously unknown personal condition, "indigo" empaths who just are certain I am FULL OF HATRED for teenagers; "channelers of the cosmos"; and even the Great OZ, old geezers behinds curtains; Readers, and dear Writers:

For those who wish to troll or have an argument....please view this, and take a chill pill please..

LMAO... funny video...love the Brit humor..nutters.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
To Yampa

lol. This has hidden meaning . Its called laughing. Now am I laughing at you or sliding into laughing at some poor unfortunate creature. oops I said creature , so maybe Im calling you a bug. Bug well now we have it , I'm against the animal kingdom.
Wow what a head shrink you would make. Top marks (excuse the pun ,in this highly educational arena). Damn I have done it again now Im being superior. Help , I need my head read. Does that mean , Im a psychic woowoo woman ohhhh helll get me out of here lol your sooooooooooo funnny .
hey I did a double laugh oops stuffed up again.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Pinkorchid because: replied to the wrong person

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Why are you alternately using commas and semi-colons for a list? Why are you suggesting people are trolls for disagreeing with your unpleasant opinions? Are you really bitter about these college kids because you are unable to use basic punctuation?
edit on 9-6-2012 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My daughter graduated from a small town school this year. In her class, there is a girl I'll call "Anne". Now Anne is probably the average intelligence of the other students. Her parents are always raising hell with the school and the teachers amd the principal to make Anne the best student in the class. She gets caught cheating on tests, and instead of getting a "0" like any other student would, she gets a week extra to study and retake the test. At her own pace, with notes. She is allowed to miss more school than the allowable days, just because. She is allowed to take tests at different times than the others at her own pace, instead of being done in class and by the time class is over.

The position of Valedictorian is supposed to be for the student with the highest GPA. She and her parents threw a fit and she was allowed to be Valedictorian.

She stole it from the kid with great intelligence and worked his butt off to get 111% in calculus! (extra credit work for the 111%) and everyone just accommodated her and her parent's little tantrum.

Well, everyone around our town knows that when she gets to the University she is going to FLOP.And her parents along with the school set her up for failure.

Life is not going to bow down to the tantrums. She is going to learn the hard way, that she is not so special out there in the real world.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

It WAS HIGH SCHOOL KIDS in the post.. NOT college, oh dear high and mighty Yampa..

Try to understand something called dark humor as well, I know it may be a concept unknown, or vilified by the self appointed ATS police squad... or little too deep for those shallow in thought

Perhaps you should learn to read and comprehend the text...of the news story..

Please review video above, and take TWO chill pills please.

Thank you..

Pravdaseeker

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join