It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Enterprise possibly under attack [updated]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
ATS Logic:

"The MSM is all lies and propaganda made up by the Bilderberg group! The MSM can't be trusted!"

"Wait...has the MSM confirmed this USS Enterprise attack story yet? I'll believe it when they confirm it!"

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm always skeptical about conspiracy theories. I like to believe we live in a world where things like false flags don't exist and people actually don't want wars to happen. In this case it kind of makes sense that they would use the USS Enterprise as an excuse for war but not only because of the iconic nature of the vessel. I can't imagine how much money the US would save by letting it sink in the Persian Gulf instead of having to decommission such a large vessel with 8 nuclear cores. Wikipedia says $857.3 USD million.

So you think the US would actually save money by allowing the Enterprise, with its eight nuclear reactors, to be sunk in the Gulf????? Maybe I'm crazy, but I would think the entire world would go bat-poop crazy if eight nuclear reactors were at the bottom of the Persian Gulf. We would be faced with headlines like this: "All Ocean Life to be extinguished by radiation." A salvage job on a ship with 100,000 tons displacement would be enormously expensive. Also bear in mind that the Gulf has an average depth of 50 meters. The draft of the Enterpise is 12 meters. From keel to mast it is 76 meters tall. In other words, if it did sink in the Gulf, its mast would be sticking out of the water. Now wouldn't that be an interesting navigation hazard for oil tankers to avoid?

So, no, sinking the carrier to avoid costs (not to mention 5,000 lives) is not a particularly cost-effective idea.

And, yes, the Enterprise can move much faster than 35mph. As one ex sailor here just testified, it can pass conventional ships under full power like they were standing still. The Enterprise, and all Nimitz-class carriers, puts up a rooster tail higher than the flight deck, which is 57 feet above the water line. The top speed is, of course, classified. When they do put the pedal to the metal they cover up the "speedometer" so no one there can read what the actual speed is. Suffice it to say that it's faster than what Jane's Fighting Ships says.

I did find out one sailor on the USS Russell, a destroyer, fell overboard and was drowned off the coast of Hawaii. Sadly, deaths are not all that uncommon on underway ships.
edit on 6/8/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Nspekta

It wouldn't be easy if the Big E was underway in the middle of the Persian Gulf, and with a radio blackout ongoing. Until I see it officially, I'll try to reserve judgement.

FYI, really hope this is false. I was in the Enterprise Battle Group from 01-04 and I've always loved that ship.

link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
This is just another "Heard it from a friend" post IMHO.

Or just another 'make up a story to get stars and flags' ......

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

All fine and dandy if you want to rely on "our" media, but I just feel there is no way that as I said RT, and PressTV especially Press being pro Iran and all and fully not in support of the west, reporting this. Try as they might with filters, and internet whizzez doing there due diligence, this would make headlines all over, first boom heard form the ocean, and twitter and social media alike would be ablaze with reports.

Stand firmly with this is BS and I'm going to write fiction to garner flags as well.....

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Twitter is going crazy with it at the moment.

Latest: "@FoxNews is there any truth to the rumor that the USS Enterprise was hit by missiles and is sinking? Thank you for your help."

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I tend to agree with Sane. If there were truly an "attack" the "attacker" would not be able to contain themselves and would immediately posture. That and the fact that even the tightest protocol has leaks when it is of that scale we would have heard more by now.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I give you my word of honor. I got from a friend!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are correct. I typed in June 8, 2012 as part of my search but got something from January, and didn't check the date before posting. My error. Still trying to find out where it is today. Maybe this whole thread is just speculation and rumor, but because of the previous ideas about the Enterprise being a perfect target for a false flag (cheaper than scrapping it), it bears watching.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ok.. The odd thing here is that it is all over twitter and people are asking questions. If someone over there were online and saw this why arent they saying everything is fine? If nothing is going on you would think someone would chime in. Now if they were under a blackout and actually under attack that may explain the lack of a response. We will just have to wait and see. But yes it is night time and if they are under attack or just had to defend themselves from an attack we probably would not have any official or unofficial word yet.

link   
sky news ticker at botton of screen just said
unconfirmed number of american sevicemen injured in unprovoked attack

link   
A fellow ATSer has taken it upon himself/herself to contact the Navy's official channels regarding this incident, and so far no response. They don't want to be named, so I'm relaying any information they uncover.

Here is the message they sent me so far...

I simply wrote them an email and asked if this was true that CVN65 had been attacked- or if it was just a silly rumor. So far, no response. And the longer it takes to get one, the more curious this gets. I will relay any response to you, and then you can make the announcement,

The USS Enterprise's official page is Here: CVN65

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thank you. I believe you.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
ATS Logic:

"The MSM is all lies and propaganda made up by the Bilderberg group! The MSM can't be trusted!"

"Wait...has the MSM confirmed this USS Enterprise attack story yet? I'll believe it when they confirm it!"

Exactly what I was thinking. Good to have some many diff opinions, but give it some time this might turn out to be true in the sense that it was an accident.

link   

Originally posted by texastig
reply to post by IAMTAT

This thread is going fast, so you may have already said this, but how exactly is this friend in the know. Was it just the twitter post of the wife/spouse group?

How did it go from 1 death (which could happen by accident) to missiles and aircraft on twitter....
edit on 8-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
reply to post by Nspekta

All fine and dandy if you want to rely on "our" media, but I just feel there is no way that as I said RT, and PressTV especially Press being pro Iran and all and fully not in support of the west, reporting this. Try as they might with filters, and internet whizzez doing there due diligence, this would make headlines all over, first boom heard form the ocean, and twitter and social media alike would be ablaze with reports.

Stand firmly with this is BS and I'm going to write fiction to garner flags as well.....

SaneThinking

Like i said, flags can be taken away as easily as they are given..

As for RT, I still beleive that they would try to confirm it before a story of this magnitude is just released willy-nilly.. They don't want to be 'flamed' by other msms like CNN/FOX etc so if this is the case, and its true, I would bet they are working their asses off right now to confirm or deny. They would love to be the first to break this story!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You know, I was hoping to have heard something from anyone on the ship denying this by now.

I really truly hope it is nothing, blown out of all proportion but the longer we go without official denial.....

My thoughts are with them and their families and all of the families that would be affected if this turns out to be something dreadful going on.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83

Originally posted by jtap66
ATS Logic:

Exactly what I was thinking. Good to have some many diff opinions, but give it some time this might turn out to be true in the sense that it was an accident.

As far as reporting that an event happened, the MSM is fairly reliable. Now getting factual info about said event, not so much.

So far there isn't a peep in the mainstream media about ANYTHING, accident or otherwise, happening to the Big E. That's at least why I was curious.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

How did it go from 1 death (which could happen by accident) and missiles and aircraft on twitter....

That's sort of the way rumors work.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

And, yes, the Enterprise can move much faster than 35mph. As one ex sailor here just testified, it can pass conventional ships under full power like they were standing still. The Enterprise, and all Nimitz-class carriers, puts up a rooster tail higher than the flight deck, which is 57 feet above the water line. The top speed is, of course, classified. When they do put the pedal to the metal they cover up the "speedometer" so no one there can read what the actual speed is. Suffice it to say that it's faster than what Jane's Fighting Ships says.

I was stationed on CVN-73 and the quoted speed was 34 knots, never knew the actual speed. When I asked the people that would know for sure, they replied, "pretty fast". However, knowing how well boats and ships operate in reverse which is not very well. During that time, the USS Abraham Lincoln was clocked doing 30knots in reverse. On another occasion, we left port in Norfolk and when I woke up the next morning we were just off the coast of Puerto Rico.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join