It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Enterprise possibly under attack [updated]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"Hmm this may or may not be true so I'm going to be a douche and post a snarky comment"

You know who you are, and I hope you enjoy the troll-like pleasure of not being constructive or helpful. Thank you for reminding everyone how superior you are.

Anyway, I hope this is just a rumor, but if it's true then we all saw it coming. Way to go ATS

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The first post was at 1:46pm and it's now just after 3:00pm.

So we are 1 hr 15 min into the first "report"/rumur.

We have:

1) The navy wife post on twitter
2) A board member getting a text asking if 17 sailors had been killed today
3) and a few other apparent twitter posts according to board members.

But so far NOTHING in the MSM. I am leaning unsubstantiaed rumor or hoax.

Has anyone called or emailed the MSM. If they get wind of this surely they will call the Pentagon. If this were remotely real we should be hearing something shortly. An hour on something like this is starting to get to be a long time in today's world. Even if the Navy clamped down on it, the Persian Gulf isn't that big, someone, a transport ship, air traffic control, etc, would know by now if some sort of battle was underway, especially if it was an aircraft attack as someone said a twitter tweet stated.

I have to step away from the computer for an hour or so. Maybe more info out then.
edit on 8-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: clarification

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Good thing about flags is, you can unflag the thread. I say, flag the hell out if it, get more atsers researching.. If it proves to be a hoax, then unflag. The cool thing about ats is that it can be used as an impromptu research thinktank! Keep looking people!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by texastig

I see you're still on ATS now. More details please...or I'm afraid your thread is going to be lost.
STAR &FLAG ready for more details on sources.

edit on 8-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

Why would you star and flag something that doesn't have a source? Just saying.

This sounds like another one of those "I heard it from a friend" threads that drive me nuts.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Flagging this just in case.

However i've found nothing yet. I'll check back later.

link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
"Hmm this may or may not be true so I'm going to be a douche and post a snarky comment"

You know who you are, and I hope you enjoy the troll-like pleasure of not being constructive or helpful. Thank you for reminding everyone how superior you are.

Anyway, I hope this is just a rumor, but if it's true then we all saw it coming. Way to go ATS

Why would someone post news of this magnitude without a source. This is just another "Heard it from a friend" post IMHO.

link   
reply to post by theirtruthlies0806

Same.. It appears it was a re-tweet by an RT reporting trying to gather more info.. Still looking

link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
reply to post by IAMTAT

Good thing about flags is, you can unflag the thread. I say, flag the hell out if it, get more atsers researching.. If it proves to be a hoax, then unflag. The cool thing about ats is that it can be used as an impromptu research thinktank! Keep looking people!

Good Point, Nspekta.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Too big a story to have remained this quiet for this long, RT.com and PressTv.ir would be all over this if it were true. CNN would have stopped all programed propoganda to report this so IMHO the OP has garnered enough stars and flags for unprovable non-sense.

Perhaps I eat crow in a few hours and find that once again, we the people have been left out on such a huge event. But I find it highly unlikely I won't enjoy my dinner tonight. Got me thinking what sensational non-sense I can come up with, Been here a few years and have less flags than this one post.

Time for my own dose of fiction I think....

SaneThinking

link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Found nothing on this topic. It would be pretty big news if it were true.

link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The gov was running exercises on 9/11, which is why everything was so SNAFU that day.

link   
No Blue Dart message yet, which would definately confirm if this had happened.

I'm certainly leaning toward this being RUMINT at the moment.

Will continue to monitor.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I also can find no sources for this info... not even on RT....

has anyone else been able to confirm this yet or is this yet another BS thread created by a flag slut

i will be giving no flags until i see some sources

the search continues

edit on 8-6-2012 by Ph03n1x because: Typo

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Spending many recent years on carriers , I can attest that if an attack was ongoing, it would not be reported until it was over. also if an event happened that resulted in the death of a sailor, IA would be in effect and all off ship communications would halt immediately.

If underway, no cell phones would be able to send and the ship does secure all comms until such time the CO deems appropriate to allow comms back online after all are notified.

I think if this rumor is true, they, Big "E" probably has a aircraft mishap that has resulted in a death, in which case the comms are placed into IA (Information Assurance) level 1. All off ship comms are secured.

Sirric
edit on 8/6/12 by sirric because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's night time in the gulf though, so I IF there was an attack it was at night, at sea. That could account for it being kept under wraps for the moment.

Still well over an hour now.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Since it's likely nothing, I'll make my snotty remark ...

I've got PopCorn ... now where's the action?

link   

Originally posted by texastig
From a friend:
There are reports from the Middle East that the USS ENTERPRISE is under attack.
No other news of this attack is availlable at this time.

O.P.
Will you be willing to give us your 'Word Of Honor' that you did NOT make this up?

link   
reply to post by sirric

Our MSM might have a black-out of sorts but there is no way the eastern media machine would pass up and running this all over every front page, newscast, the internet, just no way in todays day and age to have the people that far in the dark. And not have the perpurtraitor of the attack tooting there own horn...

SaneThinking

link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

They are doing live bombardment exercises.

Correction, they were doing live fire exercises. In January. In the Atlantic.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

Not true, its been a couple hours and if these msm are doing due diligence, they must try to confirm or risk losing intergrity. Besides, if it is true, its gonna take a little time to cime up with the cover/false flag story for anderson cooper to start talking about lol

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join