It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Bullets In High Demand Following Flesh-Eating Attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

In promoting the product on their website, Hornady suggests, “Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max ammunition from Hornady! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max bullets… MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!”

...He said the Zombie Max and Z-Max bullets are Hornady’s most successful products.

“This is probably one of the only (product) launches that we’ve seen when people who are not in the hunting and shooting industry will go out and they will purchase this,” Deger said.

detroit.cbslocal.com...

Real bullets for real zombies...?

No, real bullets for target practice.

The fact that this is the company's most successful product is what worries me.

:shk:

R U SERIOUS? W>>T>>>F!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Read about this last nite and yeah after the cannibal attacks people saw an opportunity to make money over it.

American Capitalism!!!!!!!

Funny and sad.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just goes to show how truly desperate for some sort of event some people are. Whats truly sad is that people are supposedly getting "prepared", yet they arent doing an ounce of research.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Read about this last nite and yeah after the cannibal attacks people saw an opportunity to make money over it.

American Capitalism!!!!!!!

Funny and sad.

They've been out for some time now, not just since the attacks. People are just reactionary creatures.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It was only a matter of time. On the bright side, I think we got ourselves a new meme.

MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
naw guys you have to understand the shooting community. It's been said for years as a joke that we are collecting guns for when the Zombies arrive. There have been Zombie shooting targets for years. People put together super secret zombie shoot meets in the desert for fun and have been doing so for years.

Zombie is a common term in the shooting community. Hornady is just saying to the shooting demographic that they too are one of them and like to stock up for the zombies too.

In reality the bullets look like typical home defense or TAP rounds.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

It was only a matter of time. On the bright side, I think we got ourselves a new meme.

MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!

OK, confess right now, darnit...One of you saw this and thought "I gotta have me a box of those, right now!"

Well whoever you are, you need help. Just STOP what you are doing, and book an appointment with your nearest shrink.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ya, scares me too, because those are not anymore effective for zombies than any other ammunition!

What you really need is the Extreme Shock extreme frangible! I have these loaded in my .380, and I LOVE THEM! They disintegrate on impact and transfer 100% of the kinetic energy with 0% chance of a pass-through or ricochet. They are perfect for office or home settings, and of course...... ZOMBIES!

ETA:
Or, Rat Shot shells for a .38 would work pretty well for rattling around in a zombie head too.

edit on 8-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

OK, confess right now, darnit...One of you saw this and thought "I gotta have me a box of those, right now!"

I love all things zombie but when it comes to ammo a bullet is a bullet and with sufficient speed and mass any will get the job done.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately far from anything new. An example, are the so called Vampire-kits, used not that long ago, to hunt down and kill people that were deemed as being Vampires.
People have always been keen on persecuting what they do not understand and deeme it as evil, and especially so when the people holding such ideas comes together and forms groups and, for instance, starts burning people at the stake.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just a novelty item that's been around long before the recent bitings.

Makes total sense that they're selling a lot now. Even if to just show your buddy as a goof. I'm pretty sure none of the buyers actually believe thet their face is in danger of being bitten.

Someone posted the commercial on here a few days ago. It's actually very very funny.
edit on 8-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I see the charlatans are at it again!..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
OK I admit it. I've got to get a box of these just to put out for conversation if nothing else. You have got to have a sense of humor just to make it throuhg this life any more. I wouldn't worry unless you see DHS starting to buy them by the pallet full.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My god what is happening to America.....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

I can assure you that things have constantly been happening throughout history even outside of America aswell.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is nothing but a nitch gimmick. Hornady should be embarrassed for even thinking up a "zombie" bullet.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hornady ammunition, makers of high grade hunting and match grade (competiton) ammunition, have had these out for at least six months. So they aren't exactly new.

For the rifle rounds they are simply their "V MAX" round, which is typically used in varmint and small game hunting. Instead of the plastic nose cone tip being the usual red, it's now a sickly green. And then of course marketed in the neat box.

The shotgun rounds are simply double 00 Buck shot, but again the plastic shell casing is black and green instead of the traditional red. The pistol rounds are the "self defense" hollow points.

Just a marketing scheme.

The boxes are even marked with, "live ammunition, not a toy" and "to be used only in the event of a zombie outbreak".

Pretty ingenious if you ask me

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
SOoooooo tired of this zombie #. Enough already. Its like telling your child about the tooth fairy.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Amen as the old saying goes ..... only in America ..
Not all of you are like it but quite alo't are some of the most paranoid people i have ever known..
Most my American friends agree its gone crazzzzzzyyy over there .. zombie bullets omg whats next guys??
To the sane Americans on here i do not wan't to offend...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by denver22

I can assure you that things have constantly been happening throughout history even outside of America aswell.

Zombie bullets give me a break son.... whats next?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join