It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter Detained/Arrested Investigating Mysterious Explosion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

From the time I was cuffed until the time I was released was a little over 2 hours

holy smokes ,that was quick , did they ask you any questions ? or try and interrogate you at all ?

they would have been better off just writing you a ticket .. lol
edit on 9-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What are they hiding??? Or, what is the purpose of the booms? It's the air force. Maybe they're building interstellar ships. How would they ever avoid being seen with them, though? Test fly them at night and let fuzzy videos take care of it?

I can't say what, if anything, they are hiding; but i do know one thing for sure. They know exactly what caused the explosion and they aren't saying what it was.

The Alpena CRTC, as out of the way as it is, has the third longest runway in the US. Every now and then, we'll hear aircraft noises in the sky; but there's nothing that can be seen. I understand that the noise from a large aircraft overhead can come from a great distance, and time-delayed as well. I've taken this into account when i search the skies but I often come up with sound but no sighting.

There are plenty of private homes withing sight of the CRTC I live about 10 miles away.) If I ever get a free minute I might just ask the nice people if I could sit in their yard and "plane watch." Maybe I'll get lucky.

I DID catch a light show one night though.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

hey , just curious what jail did they take you to ? or did they take you inside the base ? i am trying to figure out if any of your rights were violated

many thanks

LSH

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by OldCorp

My dad gave me some advice many years ago.

Don't try to have a conversation with a drunk.

Old Corp, you drink your Vodka and get soused.

Maybe tomorrow, when you've sobered up, you can actually explain your failed promise to ATSer's.

Oh, I love it. Check my grammar honey, my syntax, my spelling and punctuation. I've had ONE drink, with which I'm not quite finished. You're just making an excuse to get out of an argument in which you are getting totally owned.

Goodnight Gracie. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Owned?

Pretty full of ourself after "one drink", even though you thought to make a vid of you drinking.

No explanation for your FAILED Camp Grayling excursion.

It's your Grayling story.

No proof or "pics" as you say. No follow up, excuses why you didn't, another poster calling you out on your "arrest".

When you sober up, then respond.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The officers were probably concerned because he was videotaping a military installation. It seems like someone out there doesn't like him too much, so I'm not sure I'd be saying they have to shoot me first. Still would like to know what caused the explosion though.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

From the time I was cuffed until the time I was released was a little over 2 hours

holy smokes ,that was quick , did they ask you any questions ? or try and interrogate you at all ?

they would have been better off just writing you a ticket .. lol
edit on 9-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't call it an interrogation as much as repeated questioning. "Who are you," and "What are you doing here," and "Who do you work for?" were the most commonly repeated questions.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

What happened to you on base is completely shameful. I am sorry you had to deal with this situation.

Concerning your SC drivers license and your current suspension.... eh..I will U2U on that one but I think I know exactly what is going on with that.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

reply to post by OldCorp

My dad gave me some advice many years ago.

Don't try to have a conversation with a drunk.

Old Corp, you drink your Vodka and get soused.

Maybe tomorrow, when you've sobered up, you can actually explain your failed promise to ATSer's.

Oh, I love it. Check my grammar honey, my syntax, my spelling and punctuation. I've had ONE drink, with which I'm not quite finished. You're just making an excuse to get out of an argument in which you are getting totally owned.

Goodnight Gracie. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Owned?

Pretty full of ourself after "one drink", even though you thought to make a vid of you drinking.

No proof or "pics" as you say. No follow up, excuses why you didn't, another poster calling you out on your "arrest".

Sweetie... go away. Please, you are contributing nothing to this conversation, about this story, at all. I've explained that I not fool enough to go walking into a situation where I would be sure to be taken into custody again. The next time, they might not be so quick to let me go.

If you were me, would you continue on a course of action sure to land you behind bars? If you would, then I bow to your tenacity and pay homage to your huge set of balls. Let me get you a wheelbarrow to carry them around; or do you prefer to bounce on out of here?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Really? You are going to accuse someone of being full of themselves? Just a heads up (and I'm sure you are aware) you can view every post a member on this site has ever made. I've seen you in various threads across the board and I just did a little more checking on your other posts. You are always playing the negative, insulting, trolling, Devil's advocate.

So you make horrible wages for a living, which means you're either un-educated or blaming somone else for your stupidity.

Which one is it?

Independent voters haven't had a voice?

Maybe review the voting procedures for independents, before making a senseless comment next time?

I think you'll be surprised at how stupid your comment was!!

I sense you desperately need a friend or just got tired of beating your head against a brick wall?

Next......

I remember actually actively engaging in this thread here where you rudely snapped at members for explaining to you and showing you that the question you were asking was irrelevant and silly.

Your sarcasm comes off as distasteful and makes you lose much of your credibility. I suggest if you want people to start taking you seriously you calm the heck down.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Oh,that thread!

Yeah, God forbid I criticize Mr Seinfeld for dating a minor.

I don't care if she's Jewish like Jerry, as that still doesn't explain sex with a minor.

Maybe you would care to xplain why Seinfeld can have sex with a minor?

But, back to the actual subject at hand.

Old Corp said he was gonna expose the "FEMA Camp" at Grayling, then never did.

Accountability.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Owned?

He said they told him that he was not allowed on any bases. Even if he did have pics I doubt it would made a difference. If he was able to prove he was arrested you would then start questioning why he was arrested. In the end you'd probably blame it all on him because of something he was doing. For example drinking vodka

I'm not sure but I think recording video or taking pic of military installation is a no no.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Production value counts even with gonzo ATS reporters; or at least it should. Get a separate mic with a wind muff, move away from traffic unless the traffic noise is part of the story. Otherwise good reporting and definitely an interesting story and worth following.

One question, do you think of everything ALL the time ?.......did'nt think so.
One possibility is "WAR" the good guy"s might have hit an underground target ?
There have been rumors !

Just say"n .

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
Doesn't matter if you're a reporter or not. snooping around a military base will get you arrested

Driving up to the front gate and identifying myself is hardly snooping around. Geez.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
reply to post by OldCorp

hey , just curious what jail did they take you to ? or did they take you inside the base ? i am trying to figure out if any of your rights were violated

many thanks

LSH

I never got past the guard shack.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteobserver

I'm not sure but I think recording video or taking pic of military installation is a no no.

As long as I've been a journalist, going on 25 years now, I (or anyone) have been allowed to take photos of anything that is visible from a public space. There is no expectation of privacy, and if the military doesn't want something to be seen, they just buy up all of the adjacent land until it is all government property, and the good stuff is tucked away deep inside the base unable to be seen from a public thoroughfare., eg; Area 51.

I'm going to Goodnight Gracie myself now guys. I'm glad I was in the right place at the right time in order to bring you this information. Remember, there is a massive explosion that has yet to be identified. I don't mean to hijack lonewolf's thread, but I'm sure he'd want to keep the discussion along those lines.

When I've gotten some rack time, I'll come back and answer any further questions you good folks might have about my bust.

Goodnight Gracie.
edit on 6/9/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
vrreply to post by OldCorp

Yeah, you pulled your "car" over to get in washed in below freezing temperatures(according to your own video account), whereby, you interview this "supposd" soldier in below zero conditions(nevermind what anyone would be doing at a carwash in below zero temp's as you yourself claim).

Please sir, sober up and then , at last attempt to make your point/arguement, when you aren't drinking Vodka or other substances!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Care to explain why Old Corp can't answer his intial explanation as top why there is NO, absolutely none, evidence of a FEMA camp at Grayling?

Or do you just wish to add to the hysteria?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

reply to post by mileysubet

No hater here.

Anyone else besides me wondering WHY so many on ATS attack and criticize those who are on OUR side? Not only does it destroy your credibility, it ALSO looks extremely suspicous and causes others here to start to wonder who really IS this person behind the cute avatar.

Bob is on OUR side. That means he is one of the GOOD guys... As for those attacking him for no obvious reasons, I'm not so sure about...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Wow dude that is scary. So just by doing something like visiting ATS is enough to put you on their terrorist watch list? What kind of crazy gestapo crap is this? People that don't even own a firearm and wouldn't ever kill somoene ending up on a terrorist list? That is beyond metro.

I haven't seen too much of Bob's work, but I have seen odd things with him turning up at 'federally owned' land and making a (peaceful) scene
I get the idea that this, rather than visiting ATS, is what gets you on their list. Although I do agree that it's disgusting and alarming that these lists exist.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join