It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter Detained/Arrested Investigating Mysterious Explosion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Due to a mysterious explosion that happened a couple of days ago at Alpena MI., a local reporter went investigating the mysterious noise. Nothing turned up on the USGS, and theories of sinkholes and sonic booms did not fit. When he tried to gain access to a local airforce base and he was promptly detained and handcuffed surrounded by airforce security with M-16's. Here's his story.

***Video embed removed***

Mod Note/Recruiting and/or Solicitation: See Terms and Conditions of Use

edit on 8-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jun 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: corrected city and state

edit on 6/10/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nice to see that freedom of the press gets shutdown in this good 'ol United States of America. They didn;t even bother to try to explain they just tossed him in handuffs. Your american tax payer dollars at work when a lone reporter tries to undercover the truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
he's not just any reporter,,
he's********* ATS*************

he's one of us.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

tossed him in handuffs.
but they did toss gently,,

now the get on your knees,,
and cross your legs,, part,,
that i do have a hard time with,,

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

What i want to know is why they got him on a terrorist list, because that's basically how they treated him when he tried to gain access to the airbase. So Obama has been keeping his eye on our ATS reporter. Thats enough to make me want to build a drone proof bomb shelter since NDAA.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Being surrounded by M-16's, i bet that was fun. Just one pistol is enough to make me go "deer in the headlights".

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm pretty sure there are all kinds of reasons to be on the watchlist

Back in 2011 I got pulled over.. Yadda yadda yadda they found some stuff they didn't like I end up in handcuffs. So we are sitting there in the cop car and he starts to run my info and then his computer made like a bell sound and a red box popped up on the screen. He asked me if I had anything I needed to tell him, I was like um.. No?

He preceded to tell me that I was on the terrorist watch group- he was pretty understanding about the fact that I had no idea why I was on it. He asked if I had ever been associated with any kind of fringe group that could be perceived as hostile.

The point of the story is, yes they do watch us- I don't know how closely, and how much is just our own paranoia- but they do take notice.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by itswhatev

I'm pretty sure there are all kinds of reasons to be on the watchlist

Back in 2011 I got pulled over.. Yadda yadda yadda they found some stuff they didn't like I end up in handcuffs. So we are sitting there in the cop car and he starts to run my info and then his computer made like a bell sound and a red box popped up on the screen. He asked me if I had anything I needed to tell him, I was like um.. No?

He preceded to tell me that I was on the terrorist watch group- he was pretty understanding about the fact that I had no idea why I was on it. He asked if I had ever been associated with any kind of fringe group that could be perceived as hostile.

The point of the story is, yes they do watch us- I don't know how closely, and how much is just our own paranoia- but they do take notice.

Wow dude that is scary. So just by doing something like visiting ATS is enough to put you on their terrorist watch list? What kind of crazy gestapo crap is this? People that don't even own a firearm and wouldn't ever kill somoene ending up on a terrorist list? That is beyond metro.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Isn't Bob still a member of ATS?

How interesting that he is on a list, do we have to get arrested to find out we are on that list, or do we get a letter from the prince-ipal?
edit on 6/8/2012 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Production value counts even with gonzo ATS reporters; or at least it should. Get a separate mic with a wind muff, move away from traffic unless the traffic noise is part of the story. Otherwise good reporting and definitely an interesting story and worth following.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Back in college I went to a few greenpeace rallies, signed a few forms- but never really was very "hardcore" about. I have always thought maybe that was what it was- somehow I find it hard to believe something as minuscule as being a member of an online forum would put you on that list...seems like they probably have a better way to narrow down their choices.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
he's not just any reporter,,
he's********* ATS*************

he's one of us.

You bet your ass I am.

Originally posted by BobAthome

tossed him in handuffs.
but they did toss gently,,

now the get on your knees,,
and cross your legs,, part,,
that i do have a hard time with,,

My back had a hard time with it too. I try to hide it with clever video editing, but I do use a cane to get around. After falling from my roof in 1994, I broke 3 vertebrae in my lower back and was in a wheelchair for 3 years. After 8 surgeries, I can walk again; but with limited endurance.

Now everyone knows why I never made it as a Talking Head.

Originally posted by Greensage

How interesting that he is on a list, do we have to get arrested to find out we are on that list, or do we get a letter from the prince-ipal?

See the above "You bet your ass."

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Being surrounded by M-16's, i bet that was fun. Just one pistol is enough to make me go "deer in the headlights".

I definitely felt like I needed to check my shorts.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Bob, I love your reports and you are a true Patriot!

If you didn't watch the video, he showed up at the gates of the military base, showed his ID, was told to pull over and was shortly thereafter surrounded by MP's and Sheriffs deputies.................WOW He was on a list. Sad thing is, as an American, Bob has no way to find out WHY he is on this list or even how to get off of it! Gotta love the New Improved Amerika ay?

On the lighter side, come on Bob, I think you poured so little amount of Vodka in that drink that it possibly might be considered a virgin!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Bob, I love your reports and you are a true Patriot!

If you didn't watch the video, he showed up at the gates of the military base, showed his ID, was told to pull over and was shortly thereafter surrounded by MP's and Sheriffs deputies.................WOW He was on a list. Sad thing is, as an American, Bob has no way to find out WHY he is on this list or even how to get off of it! Gotta love the New Improved Amerika ay?

On the lighter side, come on Bob, I think you poured so little amount of Vodka in that drink that it possibly might be considered a virgin!!!!

Thanks brother, I try. (I also added some more vodka after the first drink, coz you were right. It needed a bit more KICK!
)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well, brother, your efforts are greatly appreciated!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Two ways i can think of. Walk up to a military base and try to go in, or sit and wait for the drone to come.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Two ways i can think of. Walk up to a military base and try to go in,

I can vouch for that!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey there Old Corp, I did not recognize your new avatar!

Here is a theme song for your endeavors!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well if your not in the military you have to have a reason to be on post. If your a family member you will have ID if under age. If not you have to go to the gate that issues passes. Most likely its a hospital visit or some such trip they can verify with someone on post. Its a BS half hour to 45 min waste of your time to get a permit. Tried to drive through on an expired one once and they were going to take everything out of my car in the rain. I called bull # and told them if they did I would have counsel sitting in front of the base commander over it and everyone's name was already on the duty roster so they could all report since we knew who they are. They insisted to search and I said no because there was no reason and if they had a dog or something to bring that but my shat wasnt getting rained on so they could spank the monkey and feel patriotic.

Bottom line. I had to go and sit in the damn line for 45 min after arguing with them for 45 min and my stuff didnt get soaked. Your mileage may vary if you dont have a loved one dying in the veterans hosp.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join