It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bill Clinton be setting himself up for a Obama VP spot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yet another "gaff" by B. Clinton has me thinking if he is doing this on purpose and why?
Here is his latest "gaff"

Bill Clinton: Median Income Now Lower Than When I Left Office

"Those rates -- the problem with that and why I think they should be extended for the bottom 98% is that median income, after inflation, is lower than it was the day I left office," former President Bill Clinton said on CNN's "The Situation Room" on Thursday afternoon.

"So those people who would be affected by that, many, many of them have had no income increases in a decade while their costs have gone up. So you really would have a contractionary economic impact. It would be very bad for the economy if those folks in the bottom 98% had to shoulder a tax increase," Clinton told CNN host Wolf Blitzer.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Clinton is a smart guy and in my opinion, he has to be doing this on purpose, he is actually causing Obama more harm than Romney every time he opens his mouth. Even his apology sounded coerced and fake.

I know the 22nd amendment states;

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."
www.usconstitution.net...

So what does ATS think about this? (notice I said "thinks" not "feels", so let's not argue whether Clinton would be a good choice or not but rather could he be VP?)

edit on 8-6-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Lol don't see that happening Obama has to hate him at this point.

More likely is Bill is ever so slightly undermining Obama so Hilary can run against an incumbent Romney. Will be a lot easier to win vs Romney than the other 2016 potentials

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Only behind his wife....
Obama won't make it to center stage this time around.
remember Bill's words to Hillery, "There is no loyalty in politics."

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Excuse me for being English, therefore not fully informed on this, but wouldn't Bill Clinton be prevented by law from becoming POTUS for a third time, even if he was VP?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

It states "Elected"

If he becomes the VP then if the POTUS dies he may be able to slide back in?

We need somebody more knowledgeable here at ATS to call this one for us

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Clinton can never be vp because the term limits clearly state no more than 2 terms, and by some act the Potus becomes disabled, or otherwise unable to fill his duties Clinton would never be able to take over as clearly defined within the law.

In fact it would autmatically default to Speaker of the House and Clnton would remain VP.
edit on 8-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

If so, Obama will win in a landslide. Bill Clinton would be POTUS with Obama just a figurehead.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Clinton can never be vp because the term limits clearly state no more than 2 terms, and by some act the Potus becomes disabled, or otherwise unable to fill his duties Clinton would never be able to take over as clearly defined within the law.

In fact it would autmatically default to Speaker of the House and Clnton would remain VP.
edit on 8-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)
Dude, don't just state crap without having sources to back it up.
Forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

top topics

join