It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 8, 1967: Remember the Liberty!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Good for you. This thread made me happy. That's pretty hard to do on ATS. I agree let's remember those who were murdered by telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I mantioned this to my dad , he still had it ingrained in his head that only 4 died and most of the blaim should be laid on America for screwing things up . Lies Lies and more Lies

edit on 9-6-2012 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Dreine

As for the French attacking the US and her allies.

Please google Vichy France.

They actively fought the US on the side of the Nazi's during the invasion of Africa in WW2. As history shows, it didn't turn out so well for them.

Are you familiar with the Battle of Mers-el-Kébir?

The Royal Navy attacked the French Fleet after Vichy France signed the armistice with Germany killing and wounding thousands of French sailors.

The Attack on Mers-el-Kébir, part of Operation Catapult and also known as the Battle of Mers-el-Kébir, was a naval engagement fought at Mers-el-Kébir on the coast of what was then French Algeria on 3 July 1940.

A British naval task force attacked the main part of the French fleet, which was at anchor there, resulting in the deaths of 1,297 French servicemen, the sinking of a battleship and the damaging of five other ships.

France and the United Kingdom were not at war but France had signed an armistice with Germany, and Britain feared the French fleet would end up as a part of the German Navy. Although French Admiral François Darlan had assured Winston Churchill the fleet would not fall into German possession, the British acted upon the assumption that Darlan's promises were insufficient guarantees.

The attack remains controversial to this day, and created much rancour between Britain and France, but it also demonstrated to the world and to the United States in particular, Britain's commitment to continue the war with Germany.

Attack on Mers-el-Kébir

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I remember reading about this originally on WRH website when Mike Rivero first put together an article, shocking stuff.

Israel continues to screw around with the world and I would be willing to bet that they have a hand in many incidents going on now, by Israel I mean the Zionist regime that runs on paranoia and delusions.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'll remember the liberty, but on my own time.

Publicly remembering may get me labeled as an anti Semite.

S&F however, more people need to be aware of this.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
If the news agencies don't cover cover this incident then we should mass email them and ask why it wasn't covered and demand an explanation.

Here is a link for USS Liberty Personnel Roster of these forgotten heros. In case people doesn't know the medal of honor was given to Commander William Loren McGonagle, USN in secret no announcement was even made of the fact.

Israel should pay for what they did that day.

Makes my blood boil...great documentary!
edit on 9-6-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Danbones
The russians were the first to come to offer aid to the Liberty
telling....
the president and brass helped cover up this attack

Not entirely true...

I'm sure many here know that a nearby US Aircraft carrier [Whose Captain was not in "The Know"] upon hearing of the attack launched fighter aircraft to defend the Liberty which were then immediately ordered to return to the Carrier by the President. [The heated argument between the Carrier Captain and those in "The know"] was covered up as well.
archives2012.gcnlive.com...

Truly a False Flag event...

edit on 8-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

quite possible though
un like the american carrier
the russians actually had a positive effect on the situation
archives2012.gcnlive.com...

here is the link to the Larry Weaver interview with Capt Joyce Riley (The Power Hour ) ..his first hand account says the Russian was the first on the scene and its their scrutiny that helped slow the Israelis down

edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: saturday night blurry typing

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Mcnamara was a complete scumbag...the dude lied so much about so many things to so many people & had so much blood on his hands he had nobody left to lie to in the end !

Have to take a shower after everytime i see the man on video!

Hope that guy got a one way ticket to hell cause he sure deserved it!

Peace
edit on 9-6-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Was LBJ play both sides?

Was the Liberty monitoring both the Israelis and the Arabs? [The answer would be classified "Top Secret" with a "code word" (literally "Above Top Secret").

Who, besides the Director, NSA was the Liberty sending reports too? [The answer would be classified "Top Secret" with a "code word" (literally "Above Top Secret").

If the Liberty was a threat to Israel, then we were being as good an ally as Pakistan currently is and the attack would be quite understandable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join