It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 8, 1967: Remember the Liberty!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I haven't forgotten about Americans getting killed in Iraq by Iran and yet all i hear about that is nothing.

Until people start holding the same standards of "outrage" about that this thread is nothing more than bash Isreal.

As to allies?

19 hijackers were from Saudia's well as other known Allies like Britian and France and Pakistan and Turkey
edit on 8-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
proof that even 45 yrs ago .. they were playing and downplaying numbers

I think that only proves that then as now reporters and News source sometimes get the wrong information and run with and it ends up making them look like asses in the end.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I haven't forgotten about Americans getting killed in Iraq by Iran and yet all i hear about that is nothing.

Until people start holding the same standards of "outrage" about that this thread is nothing more than bash Israel.

As to allies?

19 hijackers were from Saudi.

Looks like you forgot Iraq attacked Iran at our request. Shame on the Iranians for not rolling over and dying.

Pointing out periods in American history is not Israel bashing. It's just the truth too bad you don't like it.

Quite a few of the highjackers have been found alive so who then was really flying those planes?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Until people start holding the same standards of "outrage" about that this thread is nothing more than bash Isreal.

As to allies?

Its ok to bash any country in the world
has long you never ever bash Israel

Why .. ? because the truth hurt and it bring negative attention on them
and what they are trying to acheive
when all they do is trying to bring negative attention on others like Iran
who never attacked someone in 200 yrs
Israel is still oppressing someone to this day .. Gaza is suffering each day
UN and the world have tried to resonate with Israel
but they just shut their ears down and dont want to talk about it

No one need university bac to understand who is the oppressors here
people are NOT blind anymore
the deceptions games works no more

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
A lot of things should be remembered,,

a lot of this,,,

the-healing-begins,, stuff cant hurt,,

www2.macleans.ca...

i agree no guns in the Garden.

the Lion of Panjshir.

Afghanistan’s ambassador to Spain.

Of all the conquerors that we have had, we loved Alexander the Great

Almost 100 years ago, Amanullah Khan, another Afghan king, hanged Khalili’s grandfather.

wow nice lineage,,,

why didnt the Secretary of State,, Hillary Clinton
ever get her picture with this guy??

Maybe she did,,
ya i like that guy for some reason.

Apparently,,she didnt see all the candidates,,
Karazi vs this guy?

no brainer.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Until people start holding the same standards of "outrage" about that this thread is nothing more than bash Israel.

As to allies?

Looks like you forgot Iraq attacked Iran at our request. Shame on the Iranians for not rolling over and dying.

Pointing out periods in American history is not Israel bashing. It's just the truth too bad you don't like it.

Quite a few of the highjackers have been found alive so who then was really flying those planes?

Was in reference 2000-2010 not the Iran Iraq war.

Seems far too many people don't know the liberty history:

1 she was a spy ship
2. she was ordered to stay far away from Isreali waters
3 based on that era technology they had no clue who it was til after the fact.
4 the us did not notify Isreal of that ship or it's mission.

In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3,323,500 (US$22.2 million in 2012) as full payment to the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3,566,457 in compensation to the men who had been wounded. On 18 December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million as settlement for the final U.S. bill of $17,132,709 for material damage to the Liberty itself plus 13 years' interest.[7]

Hmmm paid them money eh?

During the Six-Day War between Israel and several Arab nations, the United States of America maintained a neutral country status.[8] Several days before the war began, the USS Liberty was ordered to proceed to the eastern Mediterranean area to perform a signal intelligence collection mission in international waters near the north coast of Sinai, Egypt.[9] After the war erupted, due to concerns about her safety as she approached her patrol area, several messages were sent to Liberty to increase her allowable closest point of approach (CPA) to Egypt's and Israel's coasts from 12.5 nmi (14.4 mi; 23.2 km) and 6.5 nmi (7.5 mi; 12.0 km), respectively, to 20 nmi (23 mi; 37 km) and 15 nmi (17 mi; 28 km), and then later to 100 nmi (120 mi; 190 km) for both countries.[10] Unfortunately, due to ineffective message handling and routing, the CPA change messages were not received until after the attack.[10]

Communication.

According to Israeli sources, at the start of the war on June 5, General Yitzhak Rabin (then IDF Chief of Staff) informed Commander Ernest Carl Castle, the American Naval Attaché in Tel Aviv, that Israel would defend its coast with every means at its disposal, including sinking unidentified ships. Also, he asked the U.S. to keep its ships away from Israel's shore or at least inform Israel of their exact position.[11][12] The United States did not provide Israel any information about Liberty's mission or location.

They were told and Isreal was a state of war.

Anyone who make the Liberty to be an intentional act of agression is missing a lot.

The US did what they wanted and Isreal did what they wanted, but anyone saying it is all their fault?

No.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Well folks, there's a lot to be said for overlooking the scenery to find the plot.

If we look at in terms of numbers, Israel was a bit player. What did she actually do? Send jets and PT boats.... told them to do what they do. The number of those we are taught are American "heroes" (not the Liberty crew, as they were truly 'victims') like LBJ and McCain (another fine piece of work) who knew full-well allowed this to occur. Some who clearly saw what was happening, rebuffed and ordered to stand-down, would have been right and just to have mutinied.

The press hasn't been independent for well over a century... so add the Americans there to the list if you're so inclined; but don't kid yourself, half of what everybody knows and learned from them is a LIE. (By press I mean MEDIA in today's all-encompassing sense.)

Being hateful at Israel as if they masterminded it is jumping to conclusions. We may just as likely have been trying to stage a false flag to entice public opinion that the "reds" did it, or that Israel was under attack and needed our help... there's no end to how such a thing could have been explained once LBJ's edict that he wanted "that goddamn boat sunk..." Israel did as WE asked. WE directly turned a blind eye. And the media - ever subjugates of mammon (to coin a phrase) helped right along.

That we were then (and are now) being completely "played" by the "government knows best" ideology seems blazingly self-evident.

Don't waste time hating people for what their fathers did.... just don't ever let them be able to do it again.

And just for giggles....

Remember that tired old phrase... "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?"

John Swinton, the former Chief of Staff at the New York Times, was asked to toast the prestigious New York Press Club in 1880 (Swinton was called "The Dean of His Profession" by his fellows in the press):

" There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, as an
independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you
who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know
beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for
keeping my honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others
of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who
would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the
streets looking for another job.

If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper,
before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of
the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to
vilify; to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell the country for his
daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting
an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men
behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and
we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the
property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "

You have to wonder, if this was true then... what is it now?

Good for you as a Navy veteran I learned the truth long ago that Johnson sold our guys short after being caught by the Israelis sending war data to the Arabs about israels war plans intercepted from the Spy ship the USS Liberty . We had an aircraft carrier on station and easily could have stopped the attack but Johnson wanted the proof of our two faced dealings against our allies the Israelis hidden at the cost of all those sailors.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

proof that even 45 yrs ago .. they were playing and downplaying numbers

I think that only proves that then as now reporters and News source sometimes get the wrong information and run with and it ends up making them look like asses in the end.

You dont suspect the government playing with the numbers ?
its not the reporters whos at fault here
a military source gave them a number to print out in the daily news

saying Israel killed 40 innocent US soldiers .. cant you imagine the reaction of the US public ??
the condemnations from the americans at that time would have been more intense
they received the wrong information on purpose
i cant proove it .. but im pretty much certain about that
they have played with the US total killed soldiers in Iraq from the start
you know and we know that they have a national security tactik
to hide the real US casuaties numbers from the public
because it bring a bad image

They have done it with USS Liberty and have done it in Iraq
and continu to deceive us like that until we expose how criminals they are
they dont honor the fallen soldier by hiding their death ... i call them traitor for doing so
edit on 6/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Here you and I part ways, my friend. No combatant was ignorant of the nature of the conflict.. except the Liberty herself. I could return to exchange information with you, but I have seen this conversation and I know the script.

I blame no one nation.... I also excuse none. I am more negatively affected by the documented conduct of the CiC, and his direct subordinates. Frankly, I don't really think anything is more damning than that series of events.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

your continual apologetic attitude

towards israel every time no matter what

makes me wonder

who your

corporate overlord is..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Wait?

Apologetic?

IT took 2 for that little dance.

Had the Us heeded their warning it would have never happened.

Had Isreal done more to confirm the liberties identification it would have never happened.

My only beef in this thread is Americans have been killed all over the world and my many people and yet the only one who gets eternal damnation for it is Israel.

If people are to set the standard to live by then that condemnation should be held for all those who have killed Amercians.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You dont suspect the government playing with the numbers ?

No.

That's your spin on it. I've seen it happen too many times going back a few decades where a paper or TV News goes with what information they [Wrong or not] have to beat their competitors to the punch.

its not the reporters who at fault here
a military source gave to the MSM a number to print out

Source?
Or are you just posting an opinion on this?
Were you there?

saying Israel killed 40 innocent US soldiers
the condemnations from the US public at that time would have been more intense

America at the Time was pissed. I guess you weren't around then eh?

they received the wrong information on purpose
i cant proove it ..

No you can't

but im pretty much certain about that

Sigh..

they dont honor the fallen soldier by hiding their death ... i call them traitor for doing so

No offense but somehow I get the feeling that you could actually care less about honoring the dead and more about exposing Isreal's part in this as if it's some sort of "Great Revelation" Meanwhile it's been known about since the incident happened. I mean look on the first page of this thread it states point blank who was at fault. "Israel" there was no attempt to hide that fact.

What is hidden by many here and for various reasons was US President Johnsons involvement in this conspiracy with Israel. It was aimed directly towards getting the US involved in the conflict not by blaming Israel but the opposition. But the whole damned thing came unraveled and the Johnson administration got caught with their pants down trying to pull a false flag operation.
edit on 8-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
FOIA Case: 40039A

NSA transcripts of intercepted radio communications relating to this event... perhaps these can further the discussion...

... and by the way... talk about the topic... not each other.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I dont have any problem with these proud and good jewish people above
Do you have a problem with them ?

They are against Israel the same way i am
that doesnt mean they hate the country
they are against zionist
pro-zionist are the most anti semitic people in the world
because they are destroying the entire jewish reputation
many innocent jews are hurt worldwide because of zionism
like in the video .. they are pissed that Israel is so UnGodly

I appreciate you posting this information and sharing your views, but I have to ask...

What the hell does that have to do with the price of eggs in China or the USS Liberty?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The Liberty was flying the holiday ensign, which is much much larger than the regular ensign and thus easily visible. The Israelis knew exactly who they were attacking.

There was also reportedly a US submarine in the vicinity witnessing everything.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Wow, I would pay good money for that newspaper and then scan the front page and email it, post it on blogs, and ask why so close to memorial day are these victims not remembered, or even on their own day not remembered

It has been 45 years, usually there are special memorials for this type of thing..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
These types of threads are not made to honour the memory of those killed, no matter what the OP or his supporters claim - they are done to sow doubt into the alliance between the US and Israel and undermine the legitimacy of the existence of the state of Israel. That is their intention and purpose. ATS has a very large and vocal anti-Israel crowd and this plays to them like a violin.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Facts are:

Russia killed Americans during the cold war
China killed Americans in North Korea
North Korea killed Americans in North Korea
Vietnam killed Americans during Vietnam, as well as Russian "advisors".
Japan killed Americans during WW2
Germany killed Americans during ww1, and ww2

Your are forgetting something:

Americans killed Americans during every war.

US soldiers are used as guinea pigs, false-flag martyrs, cannon fodder, etc etc.
And yet young Americans still sign their lives, health & wealth away in droves....
And they all pay a significant portion of their income to support their department of war; who,
I might add, is currently waging war against US citizens.

Yes, Israel attacked the ship, but they were just following Pentagon orders.
So yeah, dont just point fingers at Israel, point them at yourselves and do it fast
because the snake is already done eating its tail.

Without your $$$ and blessings, most of this nonsense would never happen
and stop on a dime.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Seems far too many people don't know the liberty history:
1 she was a spy ship
2. she was ordered to stay far away from Isreali waters
3 based on that era technology they had no clue who it was til after the fact.
4 the us did not notify Isreal of that ship or it's mission.

Maybe next time you should read the article you linked.

At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish

1. No one has denied that it was a spy ship
2. From your link the ship was in international waters. Why do you keeps saying it was in Israeli waters when that is nothing but yet another Zionist lie?
3.The Israeli pilots messages were intercepted acknowledging to the fact that they knew it was an American ship.
4. America isn't obligated to notify Israel of anything. Why do you think America should kowtow to Israel and let them know everything?

They have done nothing but stab America in the back time after time. It sickens me to think of all the billions of America tax dollars that has been wasted on that useless nation money that would have been better spent at home.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join