It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wellesley High grads told: “You’re not special”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I believe that the title says it all and thought that this forum would be the best place for the article.

www.theswellesleyreport.com...

Mr. McCullough dashes the ego of High School Grads with humor and common sense, while at the same time building up a real sense of what they are about to experience…life.

Some of what he says is contradictory, only if you want to take it that way.

I would never be asked to give a commencement speech as I usually am short and to the point when talking to crowds.

My commencement speech would sound just like my advice to most young folk. (Though censored)

“Ladies and Gentlemen,
Sometimes you are the bug, and sometimes you are the windshield. Life is hard, and it’s not fair. Now get off your backside and get back in the game. Thank you and good luck”.

edit on 8-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Seems like a fitting point to give some young adults their first sense of "real" advice. My speech would probably be a little similar except to say something like, "You are special. So is everyone else but nobody cares. Life is a zero-sum game. Just try to carve out your own happiness and be thankful that whatever force out there hasnt struck you down already. Godspeed young minds. Try not to # up too much. Good luck."

new topics

join