It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when you had your cast, did you ever get a blister from it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well, looks like my cast on my arm is starting to give me a blister inside. Like, how it's set up. some cotton gauge for the open wound I had, gauge, the plaster and then the bandage. Well the cotton feels like it starting to rub around the arm causing it to blister. Any quick fixes for that. Trying to avoid having to go back to the hospital. It's a half cast,only a cast in the area that was hurt. Think I should probably rip out the gauge. lol

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I know you don't like me much, but since no one has responded, I will.

There are two things you can do:

1. Get you something to pad the area that is rubbing. The best thing would be to go to Wal-Mart and get you some 'corn pads'. I know they're for your feet but it will work the best in this case.

2. Get some water proof tape, run it down to the part of the gauze that is rubbing, tape it tight, and then apply the tape over the edge of the cast. You might have to use multiple pieces to push the gauze off the blistering spot. I hope I explained that in the best way.

If all else fails you'll have to go back to the doctor and have them adjust it. The last thing you want is to get a full blown blister! OUCH!!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Okay thanks. Maybe I should just take the thing off and let it heal on it's own.
I swear this thing is annoying.

Thanks.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Okay thanks. Maybe I should just take the thing off and let it heal on it's own.
I swear this thing is annoying.

Thanks.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Not sure if that's a good idea. I took off my cast on my leg before it was time to, and I don't think it healed right, I still have ligament pain at times. It's a judgement call though, I mean if it comes off in a few days and there's no real pain, then it might be okay. If not, then leave it on and tough it out, and save yourself problems with it down the road.

Just my two pennies.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

That's where's it's painful. The ligaments I guess attached to the thumb and wrist. That whole area. Bah, so better keep it on. Hate this thing.

new topics

top topics

join