It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Heavy weapons, DRONES, gunfire used AGAINST UN in Syria: Ban

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't know if this report is correct, but it states that drones were used against the UN in Syria. I can't find any information regarding any drones that Syria might have access to. The only information I can find on drones in Syria, is articles from Feb. 2012, that say the U.S. has drones monitoring the situation in Syria. Can anyone help out? Hopefully the U.S. drones are not the ones that are being specified in this report as being used AGAINST THE UN IN SYRIA!

Heavy weapons, drones, gunfire used against UN in Syria: Ban


Heavy weapons, armor-piercing bullets and surveillance drones have been used against UN observers in Syria to hamper their efforts to monitor the worsening conflict, UN leader Ban Ki-moon told a Security Council meeting.


Heavy weapons, drones, gunfire used against UN in Syria

Officials: US drones monitoring clashes in Syria


"A good number" of unmanned U.S. military and intelligence drones are operating in the skies over Syria, monitoring the Syrian military's attacks against opposition forces and innocent civilians alike, U.S. defense officials tell NBC News' Jim Miklaszewski


US Drones Monitor Clashes in Syria




posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I don't know if this report is correct, but it states that drones were used against the UN in Syria. I can't find any information regarding any drones that Syria might have access to. The only information I can find on drones in Syria, is articles from Feb. 2012, that say the U.S. has drones monitoring the situation in Syria. Can anyone help out? Hopefully the U.S. drones are not the ones that are being specified in this report as being used AGAINST THE UN IN SYRIA!

Heavy weapons, drones, gunfire used against UN in Syria: Ban


Heavy weapons, armor-piercing bullets and surveillance drones have been used against UN observers in Syria to hamper their efforts to monitor the worsening conflict, UN leader Ban Ki-moon told a Security Council meeting.


Heavy weapons, drones, gunfire used against UN in Syria

Officials: US drones monitoring clashes in Syria


"A good number" of unmanned U.S. military and intelligence drones are operating in the skies over Syria, monitoring the Syrian military's attacks against opposition forces and innocent civilians alike, U.S. defense officials tell NBC News' Jim Miklaszewski


US Drones Monitor Clashes in Syria


No doubt this is American equipment and munitions being used against the UN to incite another one of its crusades. The UN and America must be stopped before they destroy the world.



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig
 


Yea...

Why in the world would Assad invite them in and then try and scare them off?

He messed up maybe his last chess move.

America doesn't play games, they play Thug Life.

Ever played street ball? There are no rules in this game. If I was Syria I would start escorting these UN troops around. Then When the USA or Al Queda firs on them again everyone will know it's not Syria doing it.

Or maybe it is Syria, but I find that much much harder to believe. The UN troops would be a natural enemy to alqueda not Syrian Army regulars.



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Israel haz drones



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
LMFAO. Before anyone even bothered to check any facts regarding this issue, already the blame is cast upon:
*The rebels
*US forces in the area
*Israel

None of you even considered the possibility that maybe, just maybe, this is the Syrian regime's doings.
...But yeah, you're all definitely not sheeps, infinitely smarter than average people, not brainwashed, completely unbiased (LOL!) and only here to find the truth without being influenced.

Even FOX News is reporting that it's unknown who fired those shots. You guys are even less credible than FOX News. Congratulations.

I'm looking forward for the laughs this thread is going to ensue.


edit on 8-6-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45
 










"Pahpad" (Iran)



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45
 


The UN workers in Syria now will be sacrificed on the war alter of the new world order to help justify the destruction of Syriaby western forces including the Arab forces already under their control. The Muslim brotherhood will have control over Syria by years end. Soon after the non Muslim populations in Syria will become the next target as they institute sharia law.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
LMFAO. Before anyone even bothered to check any facts regarding this issue, already the blame is cast upon:
*The rebels
*US forces in the area
*Israel

None of you even considered the possibility that maybe, just maybe, this is the Syrian regime's doings.
...But yeah, you're all definitely not sheeps, infinitely smarter than average people, not brainwashed, completely unbiased (LOL!) and only here to find the truth without being influenced.

Even FOX News is reporting that it's unknown who fired those shots. You guys are even less credible than FOX News. Congratulations.

I'm looking forward for the laughs this thread is going to ensue.


edit on 8-6-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)



shut up


Israeli-made drones providing Syrian regime with intel

www.asharq-e.com...



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
shut up


Israeli-made drones providing Syrian regime with intel

www.asharq-e.com...

LOL! Ofcourse Israel has drones and ofcourse it spies on it's neighbors, nobody said otherwise.

But did any of you deluded people even researched to find out if the Syrian regime has drones or not? Hint: They do.
Do you have even the minimal evidence to support your theory that it is Israel who meddled with the UN's work?
Do you even realize that it still does not explain the gunfire?
Ofcourse you don't, but that won't stop you from spouting your incoherent BS as usual.

Also, you very conveniently left these parts out of your quote from the link you brought:

The sources point out that the third possibility means that these drones are operated by Russian officers and experts.

Seems like your source can't even put his finger on what it really is. Not to mention this is 3 months ago and has no relation to the issue at hand here.

The points you raise have so many holes in them it's not even funny. The funny part is how you act as if two words of yours equal to stone cold facts. What you don't realize is that this rhetoric only works on illiterate people, even around here.
So yeah, shut up.
edit on 8-6-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
and…..

I don’t really see much to the significance of the Syrians having surveillance drones; the word “surveillance” to me does suggest that these are not carrying munitions.

Even if they where are we really so ignorant that we would believe that Syria does not have the ability to build its own drones.

Why is it that there seem to be a plethora of people on ATS who believe that only America, the UK and Israel have drones. Do you all just assume that the rest of the wold is to stupid or poor to have drones for themselves.



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ummm Syria has drones of their own. These arent that hard to make.

"Unmanned aircraft found in Homs warehouses or seen hovering over Turkish territory led to claims that Israel was aiding anti-Assad fighters, but Ynet learns drones apparently manufactured by regime in Damascus..."

www.ynetnews.com...



posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
And another:

Syrian drones spying on rebels: made in Iran UAVs or amateur radio controlled models? March 13, 2012
Posted by David Cenciotti in Drones, Syria.
Tags: Ababil, Bashar al-Assad, Global Hawk, Homs, Iran, Mohajer 4, Pahpad, Syria, UAV, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
trackback
One of the most interesting things of the Syrian uprising, from the military analyst perspective, is the use of drones by the Syrian regime.

Syria had its drone fleet when the uprising started. According to some sources they are manufactured domestically, at the Syria’s Scientific Research Center, even if, according to the images surfaced so far, all of them are a copy of those produced by Iran.

Among the types believed to be operated by Bashar al-Assad forces: the Mohajer 4, the Ababil, (most probably) the Mirsad-1 that Hezbollah terror group has used to violate the Israeli airspace in the past, and, the only one filmed over Homs that could be clearly identified as the “Pahpad” (that is not the actual name of the robot but the short form in Persian for “remotely piloted aircraft”).

theaviationist.com...



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join