It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber experts warn of 'intelligent weapons'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

That won't start happening until after the thousand years. Most of what happens will still revolve around the farm...that's Earth. Your scenario can't happen for sometime yet.

Until gravity is mastered there will be little to worry about returnees. Most of the places that people can go for quite some time have lighter gravity. Anyone born there won't be able to live on Earth without significant surgery and technology to support them. That's if we get to the point of getting women there, as currently most of them will die in transit or shortly after arrival due to being much more susceptible to radiation complications, and then if they get there and breed they can pass the damage done on. There are major infrastructure issues.

The ticket is going to be one way for those who leave for quite a long time.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

If you dont understand the logical foundation of morality... Then we do have a big problem. Although its so easily fixed through education. I find it strange that so many people believe in a deity that gleefully tells you to smash babies against rocks but when it comes to a sentient machines understanding morality.... Thats impossible.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

You're exactly as profound in chat. How surprising. Your version of logic puzzles me greatly though, I must say.

As in chat, we'll just leave it there.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join