It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possability of zombies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
let me start by saying that i love zombie movies.
ive often thought about, and discussed my veiws on ATS. those veiws are as follows...

1. reanimated corpses (think dawn of the dead) are not gunna happen, movement needs nutrients and energy which a dead body cant provide.

2. this only leaves the possability of virus zombies. people that are infected with a rage virus (think 28 days later). this has already been observed in the insect world link

but i recently read an intersting thread on the web that puts a new spin on the reanimated corpse scenario, ala fungal infection link 2

just thought id share it, if anyone wants a read.....

and before anyone says it, i know zombies arent real, im not a nutcase

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
After 30+ years of Zombie books/games/movies.
Im sure people can deal with the undead fairly effectively =P.

Unless they are bulletproof. Then we're screwed.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I have never understood this fascination with zombies...and zombie apocalypses. Why are zombies interesting? They are slow, dumb, and have a very unhealthy diet. As far as the movie bad guys go...they are on the bottom of the food chain.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

I like zombies too

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
I have never understood this fascination with zombies...and zombie apocalypses. Why are zombies interesting? They are slow, dumb, and have a very unhealthy diet. As far as the movie bad guys go...they are on the bottom of the food chain.

I agree if we are talking about the old school Romero zombie.
However if we are talking about the new "rage" zombies, the fast movers.
That would be even scarier than Freddy and Jason's love child.

Freddy or Jason was just a solo killer and the victim dies.
Zeds travel in packs that just increase in size, and you end up with the bad guys.
My best advice, get a closed off balcony, alot of food, water, and ammo....lots of ammo, and hope these guys are not jumpers like in that Will Smith movie.

(Edit)
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Eddie is the Godfather of all zombies!
You Sir/Madam officially rock!

edit on 8-6-2012 by g146541 because: Eddie rocks.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I loved that movie

28 days.
Resident evil
Night of Living Dead-That one was classic.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
in the second link it talks about how a fungi/human zombie could happen (i use the word 'could' very loosely), in only a couple of evolutionary steps (for the fungus that is). its worth a read, very interesting.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

the thing that makes zombies a worse 'bad guy' is the numbers. we all know that 1 on 1 youd win against a zombie but they come in such numbers that they overwhelm everyone.

when you look at the movies, zombies are pretty much the only 'bad guys' (and maybe aliens) that can bring down civilisation pretty much overnight.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Look up Rabies.

Seriously. Now, imagine if there was a strain that was also airborne.
We'd be screwed.

Thing is, it would be nigh impossible to spread a virus worldwide solely through bites or scratches. The WHO and CDC would be on that like white on rice.

But, Rabies is 100% virulent and fatal (if untreated), so if there was a mutated strain that resisted current cures, you'd be screwed. Victims would be highly aggressive and animalistic, very similar to the Rage virus in 28 Days.

Kind of scary really....just how possible this is (though not the dead coming back).

Even if there was something to reanimate corpses, they'd be brittle, fragile things, and not flexible or capable of movement, unless fairly "fresh".

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

read link 2 in the opening post

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
seriously..... if anyone read the second link in the op then youd understand what im talking about

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
if you love zombies, you must've watched The Walking Dead. If you haven't, I recommend it, I am watching it now. Great series.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

seen series 1 and 2, am looking forward to series 3.. please tell me you read link 2 lol, its so frustrating that i found something interesting and everyones just talking zombie movies

new topics

join