It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we be sure about the Illuminati?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What do we know about the illuminati?

I mean we all read stuff and some of it contradicts other stuff. But what do we actually know that can be cross referred and correlated withouit it falling into just guesswork.

It seems to me that all I know is that 1176 saw the formation of a Secret Society called the Illuminati of Bavaria that sought world domination.

The modern term for Illuminati just seems to encompass all of the known secret societies into one big NWO pigeon hole.

So what are the solid facts? And what stuff is just guessed

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There was an older secret society, known as the Alumbrados. Means illuminated, in Spanish.

The Freemasons make endless references to them. Gotta call 'em something. Illuminati works as well as any other term.

We can't "know" anything. By nature they conceal their activities.

J.D. Buck; The Genius of Freemasonry; Page 36:
If the sincere and thoughtful Mason would "take notice" of the symbolism and the use made everywhere in the Lodge of the word "Light", and remember that the real Initiates are called also "the Illuminati", (Sons of Light), those who are illumined, and who in turn illuminate,

Manly P. Hall; Lectures On Ancient Philosophy; Page 409: Illuminati
...its purpose is to impress upon the reader's mind the philosophical and political situation in Europe at the time of the inception of the Masonic order. A philosophic clan, as it were, which had moved across the face of Europe under such names as the "Illuminati" and the "Rosicrucians," had undermined in a subtle manner the entire structure of regal and sacerdotal
supremacy.

Foster Bailey; The Spirit of Masonry; Pages 20-21: Plan, Illuminati, Not all get it
Little as it may be realised by the unthinking Mason who is interested only in the outer aspects of the Craft work, the whole fabric of Masonry may be regarded as an externalisation of that inner spiritual group whose members, down the ages, have been the Custodians of the Plan, and as Those to Whom has been committed the working out of the will of God for the race of men.
They can be known ... as the Masters of the Wisdom for They are skilled in the divine ways and have mastered the arts and sciences which Their fellowmen have yet to master. They are the Dispensers of Light and to Them has been given, by virtue of Their achievement, the privilege and the authority to pronounce the great Masonic formula: 'Let there be light' and to evoke the response: 'And there was LIGHT'.
They are therefore sometimes known as the Illuminati and can direct the searchlight of truth wherever its beams are needed to guide the pilgrim on his way.

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by Researcher]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Actually, the Freemasons don't make any references to the Illuminati.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We know that the few people involved in the Illuminati / "Illuminated" are hoarding highly advanced knowledge & making sure that it does not filter down to the general public.

Envision a pyramid: most of us are at the bottom of it. We are DEPENDENT upon the illuminati, since they are at the top of the pyramid.

We know that key members of the Illuminati have bloodlines that have been kept fairly pure for hundreds if not thousands of years (i.e. current&past american presidents, british royalty, etc).

We know that the Illuminati have always (and are currently) used symbols displayed in public that we simply walk by everyday without giving second thought. For example, in Europe there are thousands of lion statues: Why? The mane of the lion is symbolic of the sun, which provides energy to the Earth. They are protecting this knowledge that they have, which has been around for literally thousands of years. The symbolism is a form of communication for the Illuminati. They are fixated with the flame, the sun.

Why is it that the Washington monument resembles the 3000 year old Obelisk in Paris? Why is it that a huge flame was placed on top of the tunnel where Diana was assassinated? The statue of liberty- she is holding a torch and her head has sun rays coming out of it. These are all symbolic of Illuminati involvement. Paris and London are two huge illuminati cities-- kind of funny how the statue of liberty was given to the US by Freemasons in Paris!

If you want to read / watch one of the best Illuminati theorists, check out: davidicke.com

This guy speaks fast, and is referring to some deep material. I have found it helpful to pause the video stream just to digest what he says. He has a somewhat bizarre method of speaking, in which he will 'act out' the part of the general public. But putting his eccentricities aside, he has clearly done his research.

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Byrd, every person quoted in my post is a 33d degree Freemason.

Every 33d degree Freemason author I have read has mentioned the Illuminati

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
all we can be sure of is that we know nothing...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is it, I mean nobody is really sure of anything about the Illuminati ... I am beginning to see it as just a collective term for all of the secret societies and their heirarchies.

Do you think that the Illuminati call themselves by that name or to them are are they just Bildebergs, Masons, Bonesmen, Templars, Thules etc ?

And if so who are the most dangerous?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
the ones we don't yet know of....

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
www.digitalf8.com...

Check this thread, see if it clarifies or further muddies the waters...

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
[Edited on 23-4-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

top topics

join