It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Dutch players subjected to racist chants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
anyway I can't fully comprehend why the FIFA choose Poland and Ukraine to organize the European championships. I don't mean this disrespectful against the civilians of these countries and disregarded of Poland of course because they are European members but the Ukraine politics and animal rights are just really bad.

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by woodwardjnr

and britain has that Rothschild who controls Trillion dollar corruption funds like Global security fund and your monarchy squanders public money on pompous celebration while impoverishing its own population. Also britain protects wahabi terrorists.Considering this Britain should not be allowed to host tournaments.
edit on 8-6-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

Why is it if anything British comes up in a forum you say the same old stuff with thinly veiled hatred of us Brits?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Racism has no place in this world. It just goes to show the lack of education that is failing these people. I feel sorry for them in a way, to live life with such hate to feel the need to group up and shout mindless chants at someone who other than skin colour is exactly the same as them. Its sickening. Poland and Ukraine both said they wanted to use this tournament to show how far they've come politically when in reality it is more than just a simple embarrassment. Don't get me wrong its not been easy getting rid of racism out of the English game and its by no means totally stamped out yet but its close. Its a mere minority that shout chants and the such. 9 times out of 10 these are the same people that start the 'organised' fights after matches and there's no place for them either.

For those talking about John Terry, he may or not have used racist comments but the point here is at least we are dealing with it. And notice he isn't with the England team at this tournament... Point being we aren't just pretending the problem doesn't exist and hoping it sorts itself, it won't and we know that so are responding as such.

chocky

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I get what you're saying Doc..

Haters gon' hate & all that.

But until you have been on the end of racial derogatory abuse yourself, then I wouldn't expect you to understand the implications these kinda things can have.

im Alaskan native, German, Cherokee and Portuguese, i look Mexican, and live in a state were Mexicans are looked at as a lessor people because they come here in droves looking for a better life, so most of my life unless someone gets to know me im considered a dirty Mexican eating up American tax dollars so yes i do understand what its like to be judged and looked down on cause the color of my skin, but what do i do? keep on keep keeping on and don't let racist remarks deter me from my path, nor do i let racist people take whats mine due to the hate that resides in there heart. to those black soccer players, or any race for that matter the game is yours dont let anyone take it away from you

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Yeah...

Cosmic..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by woodwardjnr

and britain has that Rothschild who controls Trillion dollar corruption funds like Global security fund and your monarchy squanders public money on pompous celebration while impoverishing its own population. Also britain protects wahabi terrorists.Considering this Britain should not be allowed to host tournaments.
edit on 8-6-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

Why is it if anything British comes up in a forum you say the same old stuff with thinly veiled hatred of us Brits?

Probably a default setting in what passes for his brain.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm inclined to think the BBC have hyped this issue up. Why they would do that I'm not sure, but HERE is an article which gives the response of a prominent Jewish person who was consulted about anti semitism in Poland/Ukraine and feels he was toattaly misrepresented.

Personally I get a bit confused about racism. Being Scottish I have been on the recieving end of comments about typical Jocks, but that doesn't seem to count as racism. Not that it bothers me anyway. I wouldn't say that calling somebody black could be regarded as racist, simply because the fact is they are black. It would be like calling sombody fat, or tall, or speccy, or ginger.

Beats me why the word black is used at all as most people it is used to describe are not actually black they are different shades of brown.

As for making monkey sounds, I don't know what that is supposed to mean. If you google the word monkey you will see that monkeys come in all shapes and colours including brown, white, blue, and red.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

We invented the game. we have also managed to get rid of racism from the terraces of English Clubs, we should have a lot more influence over the game and how it is run.

We have an effective veto over any rule changes.. Aside from that, FIFA definitely needs a complete overhaul.

As for the OP, this is not exactly a new problem for much of Eastern European football. In fact, they make our hooligans of the past look positively angelic! But, it's only England that gets banned from competitions for our "hooligans" and it's our fans who get the most heat, despite many of them not ever having been born during the hooligan days of the 70's and 80's... A bunch of England fans were attacked last night in Poland by Polish "fans"

www.telegraph.co.uk...#

Neither country should have been awarded the Championship, especially the Ukraine. Aside from the racism problem, the stadia are awful and would struggle to pass muster in the English Football League 1, let alone an international comp.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
Maybe you should take care of John Terry first. When your former captain is on trial for racism, your words sorta lose their intended impact, no?

Key words here mate are "former captain is on trial for racism".. he has lost the Captaincy, is out of the team and is on trial for a criminal offence...

In Poland.........? What happens exactly?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
I say good on these white guys they are fighting to defend their homeland from multiculturism.

I don't know what's worse, you condoning the behaviour or the fact that you got 3 stars for it...

Disgusting. A persons skin colour does not define the person, their actions do. Just like yours.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Double post....
edit on 9/6/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duceis
this is funny, because Eastern Europes nick name is "The N-words of Europe"
Because of how bad these countries are.

It is?

As a UK citizen who has travelled Europe,. this is the first I am hearing of this. Maybe it's just you and yours that use this turn of phrase, which is worrying in itself.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by darthdamo74
reply to post by Freeborn

No I dont, I think if everyone stayed where they are supposed to be the world would be a much better place
Imigration has got out of hand all over the world

Hmmm, your avatar is telling...

But you do realise that humanity didn't just pop into existence in little countries around the world? The whole of Human history is built on migration. Only earlier today I dressed down a moron who claimed England belonged to the Celts as they were the "original" inhabitants. The chap concerned neglected to do his homework and to realise that the Celts themselves originated in Central Europe around the area of Austria and Southern Germany.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No I dont, I think if everyone stayed where they are supposed to be the world would be a much better place

According to this theory, we should therefore all still be living in Africa. Massive fail.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by darthdamo74

Hmmm... Swastika for an avatar... and you don’t like Black people?

Look, sorry about you getting beaten up by a gang of black kids and all that... very sad and wrong... but do not go blaming an entire race. That just makes you look stupid.

My Nan was mugged by a couple of black guys in the 70's... when one of her friends made a racist remark about the attack she replied... “And if they were White should i hate all white people?”

You telling me that no white person has ever done anything wrong to you?? This intolerance and fear simply makes you look like a very weak and simple minded person. Drop the hate... drop the swastika... cos its a disgrace to Britain.

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Uhhh, Poland built all brand new stadiums, and fixed up a lot of stuff for this event. The city of Wroclaw has been under constant construction for the last three years.

I agree completely with whoever said that the BBC is sensationalizing this issue. If Poland is full of Nazis, why is it that when I frequent a town called Oswiecim in the south of Poland, the largest and most successful businesses are owned by proud Orthodox Jews? I am tired of people who have never been to either of these countries stating sensationalized opinions about them as if they were fact. You cannot even get your own roster straight, and you claim to live in England? www.espnfc.com...

JOHN TERRY IS THERE, WITH THE TEAM.

Are you 100% sure those England fans who got roughed up didnt incite the incident? I have never ONCE been accosted or even threatened, and I am as loud and American as anyone. I stand by my previous statement that London does not deserve the Olympic Games because of the small community of Islamaphobes.

By the way, remember my example of the business owning Jews in Oswiecim? That town is known in the West by a different name, Auschwitz. Come visit Poland, then you can talk all the crap you want. Till you do, your opinions are laughable.
edit on 9-6-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: olimp

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

According to this theory, we should therefore all still be living in Africa. Massive fail.

as far as im aware the all life began in africa thing is also just a theory, there is and I admit only a small amount of evidence which does put it on its head
but that is for another thread if there isnt one already

If we did all come from Africa as is claimed it does beg the question what happend to the people who stayed why did they not advance I find the theory very confusing maybee you could point me in the right direction

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

as far as im aware the all life began in africa thing is also just a theory, there is and I admit only a small amount of evidence which does put it on its head
but that is for another thread if there isnt one already

If we did all come from Africa as is claimed it does beg the question what happend to the people who stayed why did they not advance I find the theory very confusing maybee you could point me in the right direction

Erm, they did advance - they became us. Please remember that at the time the Earth was undergoing an ice age or two, so North East Africa was far more temperate. Oh and there's quite a lot of evidence for it actually. I suggest you hit the library!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'll get flamed for this but maybe the anti semite issue was brought up deliberately.

I mean why did football teams visit Auchwitz, what's that about ?

Just so happens Sky showed Shindlers list at the same time.

And BBC show pictures of thugs brandishing a swastika flag.

And msm talking about stadiums of hate and people coming back in coffins.

Methinks there is an agenda somewhere.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Haven't read all coments but those players mentioned are not really black, perhaps a bit tinted but that's it.
So was it really about color?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join