It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Dutch players subjected to racist chants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Good point.
It's quite funny seeing kids who watched Football factory trying to ape it.
I mostly remember being able to run really fast for a long time! LOL.

Thing with the racist angle is its always got to be an easy to identify group you are "against"
You see it everywhere, if it ain't skin colour, its the bike you ride, your club, the clothes you wear, your accent, even.
Give people a chance and they'll fall over themselves to find differences, even though its easier to find similarities.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by darthdamo74

On trial, so still innocent, until proven guilty

Quite correct.

But he's still too slow and an arrogant tosser all the same.

guilty of what saying a few words that are politicaly incorect

Err.....what did you just say?

these are professional footballers who are paid rediculouse amounts of money they should just get on with the game they are paid to play

Yes, they are paid ridiculous amounts, whose fault is that?
And yes, most of them appear to be so far up their own arses it's beyond belief, but.......?

So the level of abuse someone is expected to accept is directly linked to the amount they are paid and the job they do?

Racism is racism and should be opposed no matter where or when it occurs or how it manifests itself.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Lol, too right.....give a kid a Stone Island jacket nowadays and they automatically think they are the db's and someone to be reckoned with....the vast majority of them wouldn't have lasted a minute back in the day - and that is a fact.

Thing is, it's natural to show aggression to those different from us, especially when a young man etc - it's a throwback to the old tribal / warrior thing.
It's not quite PC to say that nowadays, but in my opinion it's true nonetheless.

And in times of war etc that's just the thing that TPTB call on and exploit to fight and win their wars.

But none of that excuses outright racism and people trying to justify and even support it.

Maybe I'm wrong and I just don't see it like other people.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

It's about context and intent....surely you realise that?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Nah, I think you have it right.
One of the good things to come out of all that sh1te in the 70s and 80s was the opposition to the old racist rubbish.
I've seen people turn on someone for shouting at black players and stuff. It's quite heartening to see.

I'd love to know how these kids afford their stone island and Burberry stuff...Just can't see them nicking it like pringle sweaters and stuff back in the day.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

yes I understand

its ok for one group to make a gesture and not another

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

We had a one of two black lads and an Indian running with us, they were really up for it - we never stood for any of that racist nonsense and people were dealt with quite severely if they came out with any of it.

I'd love to know how these kids afford their stone island and Burberry stuff

Depends who they are but the majority of it is snide....but shhh, it can be a nice little earner.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

So when have you seen a group of black people making racist chants / songs etc directed at white people or other people at football matches etc?

If you haven't could you please explain that because I don't really know what you are alluding to?

Are you perhaps talking about black on white racism?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by darthdamo74

yes I understand

its ok for one group to make a gesture and not another

No, it's unacceptable for anyone to do it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yeah, the only 2 black lads I knew as a kid used to hang with the local skins, hard as nails and bloody nuts with it, but the other lads made a point of not letting anyone have a dig at their colour. Even though they could have sorted it themselves.
I guess you just need a little life experience to help you realise that arseholes come in all colours, just like righteous folks do.

Snide! I like that, but when I read it you sounded like a mate of del boys in my head!
:-D Sorry mate, just had to say it!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Im not alluding to anything
my point is I think it pathetic the way these well payed professionals are bleating about being called names

black people call each other 'n-word' all the time but white people are frowned at or worse if they say it
black people make sounds like wild animals when they celebrate but then complain when white people do it back

appologies in advance for any spelling or gramma

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Lol...a man has to earn a living, but I'm definately no Del Boy......nor a Rodney before anyone else pipes in!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by darthdamo74

Im not alluding to anything
my point is I think it pathetic the way these well payed professionals are bleating about being called names

black people call each other 'n-word' all the time but white people are frowned at or worse if they say it
black people make sounds like wild animals when they celebrate but then complain when white people do it back

appologies in advance for any spelling or gramma

Jeez mate, you refuse to see it, don't you?
Monkey chants are not joining in with someone celebrating a goal, nor is throwing a banana at someone showing a concern for their potassium levels.
If you can't distinguish between one black person calling another the n word and a white person using it as a slur, then you must get in a lot of fights.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Are you for real?

Some Black people call each other 'n-word' - those infested with the American gangster nonsense - the vast majority do not.

Do you actually know any Black people in real life?

And 'making sounds like wild animals' is quite something different to making monkey noises in a disgusting attempt to liken Black people to monkey's.

As I said, context and intent!

You really don't get it do you?

Just what is your problem with Black people?
edit on 9/6/12 by Freeborn because: Effect & clarity

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

my problem with black people and most imigrants is there are two many of them now and there gangster sub-culture is like a disease

and when I was 12 I had seven shades kicked out of me by a gang of blacks much older than me because I wouldnt give them my bike I had blonde hair and was refered to as the milky bar kid
it was a racist crime back in the mid 80s none of the gang was prosecuted they continued to taughnt me through school until one day when I got my own back on them
never looked back since

I suppose we are all just victims of math

there is a theory that for every imagrant that gets attacked a hundred will stay away maybee that is the attitude of the polish

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Racism is racism no matter what form it takes and I condemn what happened to you as much as I condemn the scum making monkey noises at the Dutch football players - wrong is wrong, end of story.

Unfortunately the PC brigade somehow have that much influence that far too many refuse to accept that there is such a thing as Black on White racism and choose to either ignore it or bury their heads in the sand.
This only fuels racism - as in your case.

But not every Black person would do that to you - in fact the vast majority wouldn't dream of it.

And if the Poles are so concerned about immigration why are so many of them over here?

Do you think it's ok for so many Poles and other Eastern Europeans to live and work here but not Blacks or Asians?

This isn't about immigration, I could waffle on forever about that, it's about ignorance and hatefulness.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I seriously think there's far too much guff and political mileage in the racism game.

There's a world of difference between young white girls being groomed and sexually abused, and the police ignoring it (which they have done in Keighley and other places in the UK for years), and someone making monkey noises at someone.

But in the crazy world we live in it's the monkey noises that get the news coverage and money spent on "investigating and bringing the racists to book."

Calling someone a name might not be nice, but it's no different than calling someone fat, ugly, stupid, or anything else.

The idea that calling someone black a name is worse than everything else put together is ludicrous, and since we cannot control how people think, or what they say, and it's impossible and utterly futile to try and take people to court for calling someone a name, it's about time the whole pathetic "racism" card playing culture was kicked into the trash heap where it belongs.

If someone attacks someone for whatever reason, their colour, religion, or anything else, then yes prosecute them, but for calling someone a name, making noises, or saying something that offends someone - that's just bonkers.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

I will be bold and predict big trouble at one of these games.... whether its inside the ground or outside!!

Whether it will be racially motivated or just hooligans from certain local clubs getting involved, i can't say but hey i think many clubs in England still have their 'Hard Followers' shall we say and they would most likely join together on the International stage if it came to it....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

No I dont, I think if everyone stayed where they are supposed to be the world would be a much better place
Imigration has got out of hand all over the world

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join