It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world without time.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I don't find anything profound about those people, even though I used to be buddhist.

You used to be a Buddhist, but you don't find anything profound about the Buddha's teachings? LOL, okay, if we are not going to be sincere than we can just end this little conversation. It seems pointless anyways.

I've never seen anything that constitutes pure being before in my life.

And I think this pretty much summarizes all of your posts to me and Itisnowagain in this thread.

To me it's simple: No one has authority when it comes to truth. Not jesus, not buddha, not itsnowagain, me etc. We don't have a right to it.

This I will agree with you on. Probably not for the same reasons though.

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by ImaFungi

Thanks, that was an interesting read, but I think this sentence sums that article up nicely: "There is also good reason to believe that Nietzsche’s knowledge of Buddhism was inaccurate and incomplete..." Anyone who sees Buddhism as "life-denying and nihilistic" clearly has no understanding of the Dhamma.

Peace.

You haven't read his work. You cannot refute something until you have at least read it.

I don't agree with much of what Nietzsche wrote, but he makes good points on why Buddhism and Christianity are fundamentally nihilistic
edit on 11-6-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

I cannot speak for Christianity. But the Buddha explicitly taught the Middle Way, between the eternalist and the nihilist. If you were to go too far towards nihilistic views, he would teach you how that will lead to suffering and then explain the values of living a compassionate and virtuous life. If you moved too far towards the eternalist viewpoint, he would teach you about the emptiness of all phenomena. If you fell back towards the nihilistic viewpoint, he would teach you about the emptiness of emptiness. All teachings are a means to promote non-attachment to views. There is no room to claim what he was teaching is Nihilistic. In fact, just for you, I will make a thread dedicated to this very topic, sometime this week.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Thanks, that was an interesting read, but I think this sentence sums that article up nicely: "There is also good reason to believe that Nietzsche’s knowledge of Buddhism was inaccurate and incomplete..." Anyone who sees Buddhism as "life-denying and nihilistic" clearly has no understanding of the Dhamma.

Peace.

You haven't read his work. You cannot refute something until you have at least read it.

I don't agree with much of what Nietzsche wrote, but he makes good points on why Buddhism and Christianity are fundamentally nihilistic
edit on 11-6-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

I cannot speak for Christianity. But the Buddha explicitly taught the Middle Way, between the eternalist and the nihilist. If you were to go too far towards nihilistic views, he would teach you how that will lead to suffering and then explain the values of living a compassionate and virtuous life. If you moved too far towards the eternalist viewpoint, he would teach you about the emptiness of all phenomena. If you fell back towards the nihilistic viewpoint, he would teach you about the emptiness of emptiness. All teachings are a means to promote non-attachment to views. There is no room to claim what he was teaching is Nihilistic. In fact, just for you, I will make a thread dedicated to this very topic, sometime this week.

Peace.

I look forward to it. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Thank you Life Is Energy for telling me about "The Last hustle" by Kenny Johnson, i will check that book out, it sounds like my cup of tea.
ATS is a great place for me to express what has been uncovered because i obviously can't speak much about this any other place because people think i am mad, crazy (like John Sherman). If i do speak about it the mind (the conditioned human) will not torerate it, the mind fights, so does not hear. I know this and see this so i will not fight with mind because it is very sensitive and scared and fierce and there is no way to contact being when the mind is fighting. I see it all the time on ATS with the insults and the way people call my posts evil and comtemptible, my posts insult the mind that is conditioned to destroy anything that threatens it.
If only the mind would just get out of the way what i speak would be heard. I speak to being and if my posts are read, being will hear regardless of the mind standing guard. It is like drip feeding. The mind wants peace as well and it cannot argue forever with truth. It might send the mind in these individuals mad with anger and disgust but the being will be listening, it hears.
Thank you again.

Here is an interview with Ananta where she tells her story of when she woke up in a Tokyo prison.
youtu.be...
edit on 12-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

"knowing, knowledge comes from the mind, comes from sorting, organizing, memorizing, and making sense of the external world"

'Knowledge' is mind stuff but 'knowing' is not.
A baby 'knows' more than most adults do. A baby knows his surrounding and explores it's surrounding and is very aware and responsive. Adults know 'knowledge', they know what is in their heads, they are lost in mind and they are reactive.
Babies sense the enviroment. Adults 'make' sense of the world. They build a world in the mind.
Adults have been taught to build a picture in the heads (mind) about what they 'think' the 'external' world is like and they build a picture of what they 'think' themselves to be in their head. Adults have separated themselves from what is real by building idols/images in the mind.
Babies see and know what is present and they are one with the enviroment.

"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."--Matt. 18:3

edit on 12-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

and btw u prove being infinite moron for preaching that a world without time is being without mind

when animals existence is the reason of times and evil life systems u r saying clearly ur sources

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Itsnowagain i used to read your posts as gibberish that made no sense but on that bus i felt like i was reading your replies like they were children's books.. perfect and clear.

Seeing without the mind is like seeing for the first time. now how can i learn to stay in a state of mindlessness ?

Thanks lifeisenergy your posts excellent.

Namaste

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

Thoughts arise within the mind, let them come and let them go. It is the interference of the "I" thought that keeps the mind running in circles spewing its noise. Know that none of these thoughts are you, they are just appearing and ceasing upon the screen of awareness. Enjoy that show. Soon, like a rippling pond, the mind will calm down and become quiet on its own. The thing is, the minute you grasp on to one of these thoughts and think they are yours and thus they are too important to let pass, the mind begins to ripple again, like a stone hitting the pond's water. It is tricky at first, but as with anything, with experience it will become easier.

Have a good weekend friend!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join