It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world without time.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So i'm on a 19 hour bus ride and started to think about the concept of time and why many philosophers refer to time as an illusion... let's see does a human baby have a concept of time? does a human baby have a conscious mind? does a 2 year old have a concept of time? does a 2 year old have a conscious mind? What if we raise children without a concept of time? 

What if with our technology we created an almost self suficiant utopian world with out concept of time? can you imagine? 

i can. 

Mayan calendar ending 21st Dec 2012 might not be the end of the world it just might be the end of time.

Thoughts? Comments? 

Love you all. 

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

With the sun rising and setting, it gives us a way to measure time. Just like the ancients did.
For me time is always there. The whole universe revolves around it. Everything moves, in a pattern, and has done it for a very long time. It is a constant.

Even though a baby might not have a concept of time, time still passes for the baby, if he is aware of it or not.

Time is the master of us all, for we do not have infinite time on this earth.

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Clock time was invented to as a means of control. How would you get to work without a watch?
Imagine a world without any alarm clocks.

Where you are it is always now. So you are actually timeless. You do not move through time, time appears to happen but really it is the image in front of you that is changing. You as the witness of change doesn't change. The image will constantly change but your presence is needed to see the changes.
Impermanence can only be known by that which is permanent.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The image will constantly change but your presence is needed to see the changes.
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, and we are here, therefore we can observe it.

Even someone with no concept of time, will see the sun rise and set, will see the seasons change, and thus experience a change in his current state of observation. He might not know what its called, but will be aware of time passing.

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
We don't have to conform to the concept of time we currently use. We are free with every breath we take to change any and all of our perceptions and the perspective from which we view it. We are free to reshape every concept our forefathers have conceived. We choose to accept these things as it gives us some warm and fuzzy feeling to live within a comfort zone that was very likely prescribed to us rather than being consciously chosen.

My daughter, though she is now 21 years of age, still has trouble with the concept of time. She has never understood it and probably never will. She now wears a watch for the first time in her life. It's a sort of chunky Seiko I had when I was doing office work and time was a rather important feature of each day. The funny thing is that I can't wear it. Watches stop working within two weeks when I wear them. The particular watch she uses has a perpetual calendar in it. When I wore it, I could go to bed on the 5th and wake up on the 21st. By noon it would be the 10th and two hours later it could be the 1st. It was sent to be repaired a dozen times in the three years I tried to use it. Each time they said there was nothing wrong with it. My daughter has been wearing it with no problems whatsoever for more than half a year now.

We also live in a place where the sun doesn't show itself for more than a few hours per day in the dead of winter and conversely in the summertime it "sets" only briefly. Our time is not even up here. It's not regular like more equatorial regions. The perception of time is best left to the body experiencing it. We might stay in better touch with our being if we slept when we needed to and not on some artificial schedule. If we ate only when, what and as much as we needed, we could eliminate a whole host of problems with our health. If we gave in to the whims of our nature (after we have achieved better balance than we currently experience now) in these ways, we would probably live lives of considerably higher quality. We would probably find ourselves improved on many levels.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by Th0r

Time is the master of us all, for we do not have infinite time on this earth.

vvv

Time is the slave master of us all.

How do you know we do not have infinte time on earth?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
With time comes age without it we could technically live forever, there would be nothing but the present. The way it was orignally intended to be.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Time is limited because we expect death because of our belief in time. Without time there would be no death it wouldn't exist.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

There is nothing but the present. You are the present and you get to see a movie that never stops going past.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I think we are already in a world without time, meaning eternity. The end of the Mayan calendar only points to the end of time, not the end of us. Fukishima was most likely the final sign. Put your drinks up and smoke if you got em, God is good and we will have eternity to let this sink in lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Everything that is seen has a beginning and an end. It appears and then disappears. Every time you blink your eyes the image before you disappears and then appears different, even if you don't blink, notice the sounds that you hear appear and disappear. The sensations, the thoughts, the appearance of your body, are all changing. It is not time that does this.
Sound does not come from the past. Sound comes out of now, just like color is also appearing now.

Now is what there is. Presence is what there is and presence always looks different.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

Time is the slave master of us all. How do you know we do not have infinte time on earth?

And how do you know we do?

I work on what I see now. We live and we die. That is the end of our "time". Someone new is born, and they will experience the same time.

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Time is limited because we expect death because of our belief in time. Without time there would be no death it wouldn't exist.
reply to post by Brandon88

No, we expect death because our mortal bodies can only live for so long. The human body cannot live forever, we get older, because of the biological structure of our human bodies.

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by Th0r

Time is the slave master of us all. How do you know we do not have infinte time on earth?

And how do you know we do?

I work on what I see now. We live and we die. That is the end of our "time". Someone new is born, and they will experience the same time.

vvv

If you are honest what you see now does not prove that you die. You see people in this dream appear (born) and die (disappear). You see appearances and disappearances here. But have you witnessed the disappearance or appearance of you?
You are the one constant in the changing scene of life.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

The body is just an appearance that will disappear. But you are not of any appearance. You are the seer and knower of all appearances.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Then lets work on what I know.

I know that if i jump of a building, I would die.

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Our body breaks down because with time in the equation stress, aniexty, become relevant and wear on a person's body a timeless existence would be a stress free existence and we could essentially live forever you should look into what actually causes aging and death a little bit more you might find it enlightning.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

You cannot be sure that you will not just see the event of the body dying.
OBE says that the death of the body is witnessed and until you get there you cannot be sure what happens.
You are just assuming that will be the end of you.
You do not 'know' what happens.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88

Our body breaks down because with time in the equation stress, aniexty, become relevant and wear on a person's body a timeless existence would be a stress free existence and we could essentially live forever you should look into what actually causes aging and death a little bit more you might find it enlightning.

Our bodies break down because cells die. Our organs cannot operate forever, even in a stress free enviroment. Much like a car cannot last forever so we cannot!
Maybe you should look a bit more a reality mate.
Here is a link for you to read up on it a little.

Why we age and get older.

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

All appearances disappear but the seer and knower of the appearances and disappearances is permanent.
The void cannot disappear because it did not appear.
Everything appears and disappears in the void.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join