It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Endorses Romney...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

How could you not trust Rand? Ron raised him! Shouldn't all of Ron's values rubbed off on Rand?

hmm guess not. Ironically, I'm sure that Ron Paul accepts his sons decision, and maybe even respects it. but his zombies wont do the same.

I don't think Rand Paul chose to support Romney because of a status quo, I think he chose to support him A) because he was the clear front runner B) because he knew his dad couldn't win and C) nobody's worse than Obama.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Ron could win that Rand would be behind him 100%. but as they say, you gotta get on base, before you can head home.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think Ronald McDonald and son are working in tandem to ensure the boys future political aspirations. Ron gets a blind, overeager fan base to rally around him. Son plays party politics and still will be able to rally some of that base running as a legit R in the future. I don't support Ron Paul, but I don't discount the influence he has had on a younger voting group. I think that he has actually been able to swing more people in a different direction than most critics give him credit for. Now, with that seed planted in both future D and R he runs on a slightly differnet platform catering to both the R and D, and also young and independent. Appeals to the independents, the hardcore right (only R in the race) the soft left (hey, he's not the usual R) actually gets the youth vote and BOOM. Locked.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by MrWendal

I have no doubt in my mind that if Ron could win that Rand would be behind him 100%. but as they say, you gotta get on base, before you can head home.

Well I guess if thats true then its a great endorsement. Flip flopper endorsing a flip flopper. I had high hopes for Rand and he's fallen short. I plan on writing Ron Paul in when I vote, if I have no other option for him. Some say its a wasted vote but you know what? It won't sit well if I don't stick to my own moral beliefs and ideals. I'd expect someone I support would feel the same. I mean Ron Paul didn't go around trying to rub everyone the right way to get ahead and look at the popularity he has now. The best way isn't usually the easiest one.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Also on a side note, I found it highly strange that Rand referred to him as the nominee and not presumptive when he of all people knows Romney only has a little over half of what he needs for the 1144. Something highly strange is going on that's something to keep an eye on.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
sad they in American's history
Mr. Ron Paul fought for so much and now he's son simply bow down to the NWO. Don't come with the crappy "he is just endorsing nothing else" talk. Once you shake the devil's hand you pretty much married him!

sorry America it's over please find refuge in South America when it's still possible!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Rand Paul is insane - is this news to somebody?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
And why do people expect this man to be a good guy on the basis of his blood relation to Ron Paul. How many here have family members who are nothing like us lol

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Almost the same argument made by Webster Tarpley in this video.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xtcsx

my reaction to this news is :

so what ?

my reaction to this thread is :

what the hell ?

seriously - what happened to free will and personal choice ?

the OP claims that this is " horifying " - why ?

i wasnt aware that there was some unbreakable rule stating that rand paul supporting his father was mandatory

personally - i view ron pauls political views and policy goals in a highly favourable light

but threads like this re-inforce my opinion that his supporters are a rabid pack of narrow minded idiots , more akin to a flock of sheep than a credible political block

i often wonder why many self proffesed ron paul supporters actually support dr paul

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Couple things to chime in -

He might be doing it to keep his reputation up within the party.
He might have never supported paul in the first place.

But anyway, instead of thinking of what might be going on with him i have to stick on my tinfoil hat and say this, the whole Ron Paul thing is getting a bit fishy to me. This year he had a chance i feel, massive support around the country. Tons of evidence of voter fraud to keep the audience paying close attention. Then when all hope seemed lost, the delegates started to change the course, getting us interested. Now what happens when a majority of Ron Paul supporters are interested? They are distracted. How do you do things without the people knowing? We all know, you have to distract them, i'm starting to believe the whole ron paul campaign might just be disinfo to distract us who care about constitutional rights, what a better way then to make a fake candidate that seems perfect? Then get the whole party to give him support, only to drop him out at the end? What if there was a better candidate who we were all distracted from? Were we all played?!

I don't know... but it keeps me up at night.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The thing that bothers me most about this is that it clearly means Ron Paul has no intentions of running third party which is a shame. I doubt Rand would have done this without knowing for sure that his father has no intentions to continue.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
No brainer that the Paul's would show their hand in due time. Ron will be next in his "wholehearted" support of the "cause".
Alex Jones will be going into spin mode any time now....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Does this mean I don’t have to put up with thread after thread now about the messiah Ron Paul and ATS will actually start looking at real conspiracies and denying ignorance.

Ohhh nope, look another Zombie thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The only good that may come of this is that a VP deal was cut in the process.
That may set up Rand Paul for a 2020 POTUS run.

or not, I'm not sure I care anymore.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xtcsx

This isn't Ron Paul... Its Rand... btw ever met anybody name Rand? Weird name... what is that short for Randy or Randal? Sort of like Mitt... wtf is that?

The Ron Paul fest is going off in Tampa at least...

Was he perhaps named for Ayn Rand?

Good for Rand, anyway. He's no Ron Paul but maybe he has some good qualities and is marketable to the masses. I'd rather see him in the White House than some other Bush brother. Best wishes.

Enough infield chatter from the anti-Pauls, ignore them, The team is not forfeiting the game just because it looks unwinnable. Keep playing for love of country. What is the point in playing a strategy to try to give the Series to the American or to the National League? If it's not my hometown team or represents my philosophy it doesn't matter. It's all Baseball. On to Tampa.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by xtcsx

And heads exploded all across the land as ATS membership dwindled down to just a few liberals and conservatives who beat each other senseless with political rhetoric.

All that remained?

2 posters from Guam, making threads about the many ways to use and decorate coral.

*bow head in silence*

Pretty much, yep.
Can't say I wasn't expecting it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Rand Paul would rather cut food stamps than foreign aid.

He is nothing like his father. He jumped in politics with both feet and I don't CARE if he's just smart playing the game - I don't LIKE the corrupt game and I don't want it to continue and I'm tired of PLAYERS.

I loved the way he insulted RP supporters "They think they own the Internet."

Well, he's crazy if he think's he's going to OWN this 'Paulbot.'
He's crazy anyway, and he makes bad gay jokes.

Again, he's never been as interested in being fair to people, as kind, and he's no where near as caring or interested in liberty for ALL.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Does the RP cult ignore news they dislike? Only 5 flags?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think Mitt is listening... but he's not as cool as Obama and America loves "cool".

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Rand Paul might as well endorse Obama if he is going to Romney.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join