It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Mounts Counterinsurgency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Texas Mounts Counterinsurgency

www.foxnews.com

President Barack Obama and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano have recently said the Mexican border is more secure now than it has been in 20 years, but some along this border strongly disagree.
"To suggest the southwest border is secure is ridiculous," said Holland.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.elpasotimes.com

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This is a subject that is very concerning to me, as I have spent some time along the Texas/Mexican border (El Paso, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, El Indio and various others). These are cities that it is not uncommon to be awoken to the sound of automatic gun fire, or to find a pile of bodies yards away from American homes, who are victims of the cartels handy work. If you dont believe me Google thousands of news articels relating to it.

How is it that none of this is being covered by the MSM? And why is the federal government is stating the US/Mexican borders are secure, but then supplies the cartels with military grade weapons (Fast and Furious ordeal) Well, actually I have a pretty good idea but that’s an entire different thread.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's not getting covered because there is no profit to be made in securing the borders for the media or the politicians.

That's what it all boils down to at the bottom of the pot. There are plenty of other reasons and lines of thinking that contribute to that conclusion - but it all comes down to the reality that too many people in places of power stand to lose something if the current arrangement is altered.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

Those that live in Texas, whether on the border or not, know that this is a drastic issue. In my opinion, the border is a war zone. That may sound harsh or dramatic, but probably only if you don't live here.

I personally have seen photos and spoken to people, farmers, who in their daily lives witness drug trafficking across the border. This includes:

-Routes dug by drug runners so as they are walking along (yes, walkers!) they won't skyline themselves, on private property. Think farmland.

-Holes cut in private fences so that trucks are able to pass through.

-Farmers who have actually spoken to said drug runners, who have been told by the drug runners to continue their business as normal and pretend like they don't see anything. To ignore any changes to their landscape in the drug runner's path, such as not fixing any damage or report them to the authorities as doing so will result in death.

-I have been told personally by an individual that I believe was telling me the truth that many highway patrol officers on the routes between Mexico and the US are bought off to ignore drug and human trafficking.

And on top of that, though I haven't seen anything in the MSM about this, I know the US Army has been deployed to the borders to do something. They are there now. More soldiers are being sent that direction as well. Of course I know nothing of what they are doing, but I assume it's something big, obviously. I know one of them said the stuff he sees on the border is so sick (on a daily basis) he can't discuss with his family.

Remember that fence that was supposed to be built, to "secure the border" anyone? Yeah, some fence is up, and it doesn't lie on the border. It just goes where it wants to and some Texans are on the other side of the fence, having to cross through gates to get to the rest of Texas. Yes, they have been built outside the fence line. The final ultimate insult and proof the government is just not out for the people.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Imagine this. You are an American Citizen. You live on American soil. Yet this what is between you and the rest of America:

Some landowners also worry they’ll become kidnapping targets for smugglers seeking passage through the 18-foot-tall metal fence. Violence has surged in Tamaulipas, the Mexican state bordering this part of Texas, in the past two years. This week the State Department issued a new travel warning urging U.S. citizens again to avoid traveling there.

See that quote: Travel warning urging US citizens again to avoid traveling there.

Geez, we shouldn't travel there? Then why build a fence that locks out Americans on American soil?

Source:
Anxiety for Those Between Border and Fence

Imagine you can't do your job without being ambushed:

As Texas farmhands prepared this winter to burn stalks of sugarcane for harvest along the Rio Grande, four masked men on ATVs suddenly surrounded the crew members and ordered them to leave. Farmer Dale Murden has little doubt they were Mexican drug traffickers.

Source:
Texas Farmers Say Drug War Making Job Dangerous

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Thank you for your post, and you hit the nail on the head.

The Texas National Guard has been deployed on the border for some time now, assisting Border Patrol in scouting and observation ops. Rick Perry also authorized and assembled several elite groups of Texas Rangers for covert border operations some time back.

The amount of border patrol officers has almost been doubled in the last few years and you are now seeing A LOT more involvement from various county sheriff’s Depts., many of whom now have some type of special response units to assist in military style operations.

Also, now you have a lot of citizens starting to ban together and form local militia groups to protect private lands and citizens.

I think that evey person who has any doubts about the legitimacy of the border issues should come do a ride along!

edit on 8-6-2012 by JBpage76 because: Spelling correction, sorry my brain types faster than my fingers

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

While I get that securing the borders is the perview of the FEderal Government, the whole point behind state guard units is to protect the citizens of said state from the FEderal government or other threat coming from the outside or inside.

If the Feds dont want to do their jobs then I fully support state guard units to do it in their place. If you are a foreign national, you are armed, and you cross the US-Mexican border in groups, then you are no longer a criminal illegally crossing an international border but instead are an armed incursion onto sovereign US / US State being conducted by foriegn nationals.

That deserves an intial warning they are outside their own borders, followed up by "come left 5 degrees and fire for effect".

Doubling the border patrol does not work and we know this because over the last couple of decades we have doubled those agencies time and time again. There is no point in doubling border patrol if the federal government will not prosecute / act. The AG just recently announced that local police agencies who inquire about the nationality status / residence status / immigration status of a hispanic is violating that persons civil rights, effectively doing an end run around the court decision for Arizona.

The Feds seem more interested in controlling our own people and challenging state sovereignty than actually representing them.

When the FEds are more concerned with representing foreign nationals there is a problem. That problem is only going to be fixed by the American people speaking up and voting.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I live here in Yuma,az now and every other morning the head lines are how many pounds of drugs they have seized. Two weekends running it has been in access of 100,000 street value. Does any body doubt they would kill you in a heart beat for that kind of money.

It is amazing that we will stay in a war 5000 miles away against people in caves with no real strike capabilities but will ignor a well armed, financed, and trained group making incursions across our borders nightly. Any one who still thinks our own goverment isn't in the drug running buisness just dont want to know the truth.
edit on 8-6-2012 by David134 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
while our own borders are unsecure our govt wants to wage war in other places and help islamic fundamentalists.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
All they need to do and as it has been mentioned thousands of times throughout the net is to have eye's in the sky, have a couple of armed drones doing pattern fly overs and when an illegal is detected and warned of illegal entry and he chooses to continue then a simple push of button and its goodnight for them or who ever. Problem solved,

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBpage76
reply to post by Ameilia

Thank you for your post, and you hit the nail on the head.

The Texas National Guard has been deployed on the border for some time now, assisting Border Patrol in scouting and observation ops. Rick Perry also authorized and assembled several elite groups of Texas Rangers for covert border operations some time back.

The amount of border patrol officers has almost been doubled in the last few years and you are now seeing A LOT more involvement from various county sheriff’s Depts., many of whom now have some type of special response units to assist in military style operations.

Also, now you have a lot of citizens starting to ban together and form local militia groups to protect private lands and citizens.

I think that evey person who has any doubts about the legitimacy of the border issues should come do a ride along!

edit on 8-6-2012 by JBpage76 because: Spelling correction, sorry my brain types faster than my fingers

Rick "Memory Loss" Perry's mobilised people? Oh crap - SOMEONE WARN THE CANADIANS!
edit on 8-6-2012 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

S&F to you but the story is all crap.
We could stop all of this discussion with a few fighter bombers and about an hours time total.
There is just too much money and distraction to be made on avoiding the real problems.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The AG just recently announced that local police agencies who inquire about the nationality status / residence status / immigration status of a hispanic is violating that persons civil rights, effectively doing an end run around the court decision for Arizona.

Wait... I missed this...

What!?

So... if we inquire about the residency status of an Asian or Caucasian... it's all hunky-dory... but not a Hispanic?

What's the point of a residency status if you can't inquire about it? Or citizenship?

Makes me want to found my own Petoria.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If I was a farmer living on the border and someone anyone told me what the hell to do on my land or with my land they'd be shot. No questions, shoot first ask questions later. I thought everyone owned guns in Texas?

They wouldn't need military or Border Patrol, I wouldn't have waited until it became a problem, it never would have became a problem if more people thought like me. Step on my soil with weapons, and it is my right, no, IT is my duty to start firing upon the incursion. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

If only it were that easy. The number of border residents who are killed because of the human and drug runners is scary. A person protecting their property is committing suicide because most of the groups that come through are accompanied with numerous armed guards. These guards are heavily outfitted with current "kill" equipment. The average rancher/farmer is severely "outgunned".

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by searching411

Well what's wrong with using some bear traps with it?
This would certainly make it tough for some of them to fire back. bear traps and electric fences, that would certainly slow them down.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

While I totally agree with your way of doing things, some people are more concerned with the repercussions concerning their family.

There was a rancher in Del Rio that was warned about interfering with drug drop off by the Zeta cartel. He did his patriotic duty and went ahead a notified law enforcement of the package, who seized the drugs once they were dropped off but made no arrests. As a punishment, the ranchers wife and daughter were kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered. Two weeks later the Zeta’s left the dismembered bodies on the ranchers door step. He ended up shooting himself the same day. This did not get much more than a mention in the local paper, but I am here to tell you it happens, and more frequently than not.

There is no civility to these barbarians. They show no mercy and are extremely animalistic in their tactics. This was done as a warning to anyone else who might consider doing their civic duty, and in my mind an outrage that the government hasn’t even so much as attempted to do anything, other than send weapons to the cartels.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You have to remember that these drug runners have virtually unlimited funding by comparison to the ranchers/farmers. They hire prior members of the military (from Mexico for certain - and there may be a few from other nationalities - to include the U.S. - with military experience/connections).

It's not an issue that can be solved by a bunch of ranchers spread out over hundreds of square miles with homes built for families (not built to defend against military operators).

Honestly - this is where I see a huge business opportunity for PMCs. Those of us with experience in security operations would be more than happy to contract with the local or state governments to resolve their issues (pending resolution of our enlistment contracts... or return from deployment to a reserve status in my case).

I'm a single man with no dependents. I don't give a damn - and would find the prospect of putting myself on the drug-runner #-list exciting as opposed to scary. What are they going to do? kill me? I was already born terminal!

Which is really what you need to deal with the problem down there. You need people who are willing to smack the hornet's nest and blast everything that comes out with a flame thrower - people who can afford to get stung and who are willing to pursue the threat.

Of course - the problem is not just on our side of the border. Operations inside of Mexico would be necessary to still the issue long enough to enact a more effective static measure (a wall). Which is where contracted security is only a stop-gap measure.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Janet Napolitano is getting disinfoed. The border is not safer than it once was. There have just been less reports of problems as the cartels buy out law enforcement, one officer at a time.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
Janet Napolitano is getting disinfoed. The border is not safer than it once was. There have just been less reports of problems as the cartels buy out law enforcement, one officer at a time.

Its an election year.. She is stating what will get her boss re-elected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join