It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 video games in my memories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

i liked perfect dark way more than golden eye..i'm sure i'll get lit up for that statement..oh well light me up...i'll take area 51 in my game any day

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well since all the old school games are out here,

What was the number, I am sure it was a Kings Quest but I cannot remember the one.

There were willio whisps you had to catch in a jar, and there was a widdershin (sp?) that would help you but hide .. like on top of the fire place. It was one of the first games I played where time mattered, as in, night would come close, and if you didn't have a bed, you had to suffer the monsters of the night.

There was an obelisk of sorts, that you needed to find stones to fit the runes.

It was one of the most immersive games I remember playing, so atmospheric.. Typical of the genre however, many puzzles to solve, in the correct order which in game were simply things you do..

So grassy, so dark and medieval. But still your old style point and click, look, say, search type game.

I've tried so many times over the years to find it... knowing that despite my memory it will likely be a boring cgi game to me now.

I mean, look at max payne 3... it's a cartoon.. a story where you do nothing but wait for a dot to appear on screen that tells you "Oh ha, stop watching and click the mouse now... oh yeah, bullet time, uhh just aim and shoot.." it's TERRIBLE by comparison... but sadly, these are the ways of the ipad kids games. watch a story, maybe use the mouse to change the outcome.. no thinking, no strategy..

I miss the games that made you get stuck... where you had to think... so sick of console ports that simply rely on a auto-aim/soft aim shoot and kill or miss and die.

No puzzles.. no thinking.. great stuff, given it's 99% gore in cartoon form and 1% "YOU MEAN I NEED TO USE THIS MOUSE? BAHH!"..

sam and max.. now that's illustration with violence I like to play..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I can't think of what you game could be op...
Maybe mist? Maybe Hertic? How old were you when you were young?

And because we seem to be talking about games we loved when we were young, i always loved Rise of the triad, that game was awesome!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
medieval game with dark atmosphere may be Soul Reaver for PS2 i think, which was nothing compared to the game it spawned from, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Flash backs of a future game made me think of Flashback for the C64. the best side scroller i've ever played....well after sonic, mario, golden axe, kid cameleon, alex kid and james pond 3: robocod.
It's sequel was ok too Fade to Black which was a 1st person shooter.

edit on 10/6/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join