It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 video games in my memories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
for some time i've had flashbacks now of i'd say in the 12-15+ years ago range.
whats weird is I see the 2 memories in video game form

1 game resembling Medieval. I can only remember the dark atmosphere of 1 specific area. Candles on the walls.
a Forest, staircase, paintings.

the other game resembles Perfect Dark. again, I can only remember one scene, again a dark atmosphere, depicting a grim looking kind of future, flying black car, lit tech saavy looking buildings.

why is it I can only remember 1 scene from each, and nothing else, not even the games names?

I was young, so perhaps I wasn't fully cognitive of what I was seeing and couldn't fully interpret it?
and now I am only piecing it together?
but perfect dark didn't come out until 2000 and the time i'm thinking of, or what it feels like is years before that.

i've looked at the games on youtube, I can't see what it is i'm remembering.

do I just have a terrible judgment of time? i've always thought of this to be something semi-paranormal since I have no recollection of anything pre or post game , like a block on my memory.

maybe 1 of you knows which game it could possibly be or has any crazy theory related.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
While we're on the topic. I remember a game where I was dressed in green and had some annoying fairy thing following me. I remember smashing pots as well.

What was the name of that game...?
edit on 8-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
While we're on the topic. I remember a game where I was dressed in green and had some annoying fairy thing following me. I remember smashing pots as well.

What was the name of that game...?
edit on 8-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

ocarina of time!

no but really, it's a stupid thread I know, I haven't been able to erase the memories, since they are pointless.
theres something ethereal about it though. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Medieval and Perfect Dark are simply my reference points, the closest 'games' to the memory, or images/feeling.
whatever it is.

edit on 8-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Is it Ghosts and Goblins?..that was a freaky arcade game

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
System?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

Also one of the most difficult games I have played!! One hit, and your dead, having to start at the beginning again!

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Rygar was another coin eater...dam I miss the old days

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Sounds like Castlevania man, that was one good old game.
You might also be thinking of Doom or Duke Nukem for the one that reminded you of perfect dark.

I miss this game: Abe's Odyssey, 1997

Oh, and can't forget Battletoads.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think the OP might be thinking of MDK.

What a game.

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
this place has all the kick ass old school games to play. i spend hours a day on this sitewww.vizzed.com/playonlinegames/index.php

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Final Fantasy 3 (6 as it's known now) has followed me throughout my life in one way or another.

I still take the time to play through the ROM version at least once a year

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

Like the OP I still have games from my long gone past that nag at the edges of my memory...
Gaming has formed eras in my life, based on the system that was out, and how the games evolved as I did.
My best most fond memories are steeped in old game nostalgia. It's almost as eternal as my sandbox.

BUT
OH MY GOD...

Ive been trying to figure out what that game was from my memory forever...

I played it at a friends house on NES like one time, and it kept freezing.. I always wanted to play it again.

Thank you. You crossed one Off my list. I always sort of thought it was Zelda II, but it never felt quite right...

edit on 6/8/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
this place has all the kick ass old school games to play. i spend hours a day on this sitewww.vizzed.com/playonlinegames/index.php

Hey do you need the appropriate emulator for games on the site?

Also, is your avatar a message from Pluto?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

no you just download a plug-in from the site..it's totally legit, totally safe..then you pick youre console and your game and start having fun...if you have a usb controller you can use that as well..they have 100's of of games on there from 21 different consoles..the nintendo 64 is the most current console available..they have links for roms for newer consoles..i just whooped mike tysons ass in punch out on the nes..forgot how tough it was to beat him...i'm gonna start on ghost and gobs and rygar next...and yes my avatar is a message from pluto to NASA..i laugh everytime i see it...
edit on 8-6-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There was this arcade game during the 80s called Samurai or something or other.
You were a Samurai and had to walk and jump across screen dodging and killing ninjas, it also had ravens swarming down on ya or dropping grenades.

I been looking for the arcade upright to purchase for years.

Another upright arcade game I wish to have is Killer Instinct 2. That was extremely fun to play.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Game came out in '86,there are about 100 levels to win...when you get near the end,which took me month's,there are castles and demons...and lots of armor to choose from...awesome findings along the way...great game,try rygar too...just as wicked if not even more(old skool games rule)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

dude, rygar is a beast of a game..playin' right now and kind of embarrassed to admit it's givin' me a beating...done got too frustrated at ghosts and gobs and quit

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
hi

my all time faves on the arcade were
double dragon
shinobi
spyhunter
operation wolf
out run
robocop

those were the days i loved
thank god for emus and the cabinets on ebay

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If you guys liked Rygar

Check out Black Tiger!! Man i don't know how much money i spend on this arcade machine! And it was all awesome!

vvv

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Perfect dark was awesome.

There was one game I remember from I believe the original Nintendo that I loved and can never figure out what it is. It involved fighting monsters, after each mach you could take aspects of the fallen monster for the next fight. to this day I can't remember what it was called.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join