It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was this taken from the Bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The Biblical Apocrypha, which contains stories unknown to most Christians today, including evidence that human society was more advanced in Biblical times than it is now, and that the people of this time had the ability to combine animal DNA to create new creatures, where some believe that the stories of mythological creatures originated.

On this particular issue, I am completely clueless, and I'm hoping some of you ATSers know a little more on this subject than I do. I've searched over the internet, and can't find much about it. This is a question thread, and I have two questions;

-- What exactly is written in the Biblical Apocrypha?

-- Why was it taken from the Bible?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
give links please...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Apocrypha means 'hidden things' in Greek. The Apocryphical books of the Bible fall into two categories: texts which were included in some canonical version of the Bible at some point, and other texts of a Biblical nature which have never been canonical.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Here are the ancient New Testament Apocrypha with translations and commentary. The Apocrypha are documents that were not accepted into the canon of the New Testament by the orthodox church. The New Testament Apocrypha are those writings that were written by ancient Christians that were not accepted into the New Testament, while the Old Testament Apocrypha consist of Jewish documents that were not accepted into the Old Testament. The Old Testament Apocrypha can be found on the Noncanonical Homepage. Here are the New Testament Apocrypha that are presented on the Early Christian Writings web site.

www.earlychristianwritings.com...

I have some reading to do.....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
The Biblical Apocrypha, which contains stories unknown to most Christians today, including evidence that human society was more advanced in Biblical times than it is now, and that the people of this time had the ability to combine animal DNA to create new creatures, where some believe that the stories of mythological creatures originated.

On this particular issue, I am completely clueless, and I'm hoping some of you ATSers know a little more on this subject than I do. I've searched over the internet, and can't find much about it. This is a question thread, and I have two questions;

-- What exactly is written in the Biblical Apocrypha?

-- Why was it taken from the Bible?

Huh? That's in the Bible, Genesis 6. That's the entire reason for the flood, to destroy the demi-god offspring of genetically manipulated entities.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Huh? That's in the Bible, Genesis 6. That's the entire reason for the flood, to destroy the demi-god offspring of genetically manipulated entities.

you forgot the who had sex with the daughters of men part..and begat the men of renown

you know the fathers of the current bloodlines who now represent the tards who are running the world
thanks noah you butthed...now look watcha done
edit on 8-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
There comes to mind the book of Enoch, it was one of the books of the Apocrypha. When read, it gives a much different cast of characters in the Godhead and Angles that surround the Lord and accomplish His bidding. I had never read it up until a couple days ago, but once I started, it became apparent that this was a very foreign history or Gospel than those most of us grew up with. At first there was some excitement, the kind you have when you discover hidden information that was kept from you, and in which some amount of deception was involved. As though despite their best efforts to keep you in the dark, you prevailed. It's a 'winning feeling'. But unfortunately, I was to start noting bits and pieces that just did 'Not' ring right. The Book of Enoch comprises several chapters or books so it is lengthy. But......... well you'd just have to delve into it and find for yourself, the brow raising passages within. At first, you try to force yourself to follow and believe it's authenticity, but questions soon arrise as to the truthfulness contained within it.

Here's a link to it.... It will take a bit of time reading the first book, maybe 30-45 minutes or so for the average readers speed.
www.google.com... ASJ_vXxAw&usg=AFQjCNHwM3fIDYMic3OdvdxQNVvOb2ptmg

Those of you that are atheists will comment however, it's not important, but the Christian or those who believe the words contained in the Old Testament, will quickly see the disparity. In another post further down, I will post a site which is much against it being truthful and factual.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by NOTurTypical

you forgot the who had sex with the daughters of men part..and begat the men of renown

you know the fathers of the current bloodlines who now represent the tards who are running the world
thanks noah you butthed...now look watcha done
edit on 8-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
no, that's specifically what I was referring to, the Nephillim/Rephaim.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
And here is that site. Clearly it brings a lot of question to the Book of Enoch.
www.google.com... TRT6DwLonq9ATtnYXqAw&usg=AFQjCNG5ix1vTTC4MSJ7lskjW-trCI70uA

BOTTOM LINE, I think it is apparent why this and other books were determined to be fictional or at best suspect.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In Enoch they also speak at heigth of the 'Giants', some 450 foot tall, and the need to remove them, and those who were part of the whole Nephilim scenario including 'The Daughters of Men'. In Enoch, the whole bunch and anyone involved came under the wrath of God. Though 'God' seemed to be plural sort of. Or a group of Gods with the God we all think of, the Supreme being.

I'm sure soon after the Death of Christ, the Resurrection and the whole event, many people wrote of the events and times or chronicles. Though not all for the same reasons. Thus some were considered valid works worthy of inclusion while others were not. Another thing which I have trouble with are these giants in that essentially they procreated with 'Daughters of Man' .............. I find that difficult just on the biological face of it. The sexual act of conception, or rather intercourse seems highly suspect..... I mean HOW....?? Plus the birth canal of the average woman would not facilitate a full term pregnancy and birth of a 'giant' in my opinion ?????
edit on 8-6-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

What exactly is written in the Biblical Apocrypha?

Mostly "history". They are a set of books handed down to us along with the bible, but not considered part of "inspired scripture". What is written in there is, a lot of things. Too much to nutshell it in a post. Others have posted links, so I'll leave it at that.

Why was it taken from the Bible?

You'll get different answers to this question, but they were "taken out" because there are things in them that don't contribute to the fluidity of what church leadership (and others) want you to believe. They raise too many questions from us little people. So they were dispensed with, and called heretical or non-canonical.
edit on 6/8/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm particularly fond of the apocryphal books of Enoch, Jasher, and Sirach.

top topics

join