It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul endorses... Romney??? WTF

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Seems he's speaking somewhat Vice Presidential.

RP is a practical man, which is why he ran as a Republican to begin with, he understands to be a player on any level, you have to be in the game. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he and Rand spoke at length about this and looked at long term goals and the best way to get there. Unfortunately for idealists, you get this Romney alliance.

Keep your friends close...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I guess you must want to see Romney as president

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Reason for Rand Paul's endorsement from a Ron Paul campaign manager
(see link for full email. Stupid character count keeps me from posting more info, mine or the email
)

Lately I am being bombarded with questions about Rand Paul endorsing Romney.

People are feeling betrayed. They are calling Rand a sell-out.

It might seem that way at first blush.

But Rand is not a sell-out, and Ron is not a quitter.

Let me try to explain what is really going on here.

My friend Dan McCarthy, editor of the venerable publication The American Conservative, put it this way:

"I'm an old Buchananite. Pat Buchanan always endorsed the nominee, no matter how painful it was. Because to not do so causes more harm to the holdout, than to the candidate."

It is at this point certain that, while we will certainly have an enormous impact on the national convention and the Republican party, winning the nomination is just outside of our grasp.

Our goal now, as ever, is to advance the "Ron Paul Revolution" in the best ways possible. That will mean continuing the tasks that once served our goal of winning the primary: to build strong local organizations that continue to recruit, train, equip, and mobilize grassroots leaders all across America.

By giving Romney the obligatory endorsement, Rand Paul just denied his enemies (and ours) a hammer to whack him (and us) over the head with for the next several years, should Obama be re-elected.

If Ron and Rand both refuse to endorse Romney and he loses narrowly to Obama, we would never hear the end of it. We would be villified by every other conservative group out there.

And nobody outside of our own circles would believe the truth, which is that we are the real Republicans and they, Romney and his fellow aristocrats, are the counterfeits.

Rand just did a great thing for us. I'm sure it was not easy for him.

He gave a purely obligatory endorsement, so that we can continue to carry on our fight to reclaim the American Right without being beaten over the head in the media for hurting the party.

Remember, Rand's endorsement compels nobody to act on it. And I haven't heard a single Ron Paul supporter saying they'll support Romney because Rand said so.

Rand did the right thing.

And as Jack Hunter explains:

"Ron Paul conceding he won’t be president and Rand Paul supporting the presumptive GOP nominee are but trivial anecdotes to the obvious and ongoing success of the most transformative political movement of our time: The rEVOLution."

He made a 10-minute video elaborating on this interesting point: that Ron Paul is becoming something more important than President. Watch it here.

Most importantly, what has been the reaction of Dr. Paul to his son's endorsement of Romney? I don't think there have been any media appearances about it yet, but I know for certain the elder Dr. Paul will stand 100% behind his son's decision.

In a webinar recorded back in October, now posted to Grassroots Central under the title Leadership with Michael Rothfeld, the last question I asked him concerned the subject of character. Mike explained:

"Character is what you do when nobody is watching... but character is also what you do when everyone is watching.

"What are you going to do if you lose?

"Are you going to quit?"

Are you going to call it a rigged game and give up? Are you going to let this historic campaign reduce to nothing more than a bump on the road to tyranny?

Or are you going to continue the fight, yield the battle graciously, and begin planning for the next battle?

Saul Anuzis, who always hated Ron Paul's movement and spent his resources engineering the primary to benefit Romney, recently lost his re-election campaign for National Committeeman... badly.

He had to take to the dais and call for the party to unite behind David Agema, his opponent, for national commiteeman.

I'm sure he would have loved to have denounced the convention for revolting against him, to tell us we're all a bunch of idiots, and so on.

But he could not. Not there on the dais. He would have done himself great harm by being anything other than a good sport in front of the state party. He had to concede to his opponent.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Reason for Rand Paul's endorsement from a Ron Paul campaign manager
(see link for full email. Stupid character count keeps me from posting more info, mine or the email
)

Lately I am being bombarded with questions about Rand Paul endorsing Romney.

People are feeling betrayed. They are calling Rand a sell-out.

It might seem that way at first blush.

But Rand is not a sell-out, and Ron is not a quitter.

Let me try to explain what is really going on here.

My friend Dan McCarthy, editor of the venerable publication The American Conservative, put it this way:

"I'm an old Buchananite. Pat Buchanan always endorsed the nominee, no matter how painful it was. Because to not do so causes more harm to the holdout, than to the candidate."

It is at this point certain that, while we will certainly have an enormous impact on the national convention and the Republican party, winning the nomination is just outside of our grasp.

Our goal now, as ever, is to advance the "Ron Paul Revolution" in the best ways possible. That will mean continuing the tasks that once served our goal of winning the primary: to build strong local organizations that continue to recruit, train, equip, and mobilize grassroots leaders all across America.

By giving Romney the obligatory endorsement, Rand Paul just denied his enemies (and ours) a hammer to whack him (and us) over the head with for the next several years, should Obama be re-elected.

If Ron and Rand both refuse to endorse Romney and he loses narrowly to Obama, we would never hear the end of it. We would be villified by every other conservative group out there.

And nobody outside of our own circles would believe the truth, which is that we are the real Republicans and they, Romney and his fellow aristocrats, are the counterfeits.

Rand just did a great thing for us. I'm sure it was not easy for him.

He gave a purely obligatory endorsement, so that we can continue to carry on our fight to reclaim the American Right without being beaten over the head in the media for hurting the party.

Remember, Rand's endorsement compels nobody to act on it. And I haven't heard a single Ron Paul supporter saying they'll support Romney because Rand said so.

Rand did the right thing.

And as Jack Hunter explains:

"Ron Paul conceding he won’t be president and Rand Paul supporting the presumptive GOP nominee are but trivial anecdotes to the obvious and ongoing success of the most transformative political movement of our time: The rEVOLution."

He made a 10-minute video elaborating on this interesting point: that Ron Paul is becoming something more important than President. Watch it here.

Most importantly, what has been the reaction of Dr. Paul to his son's endorsement of Romney? I don't think there have been any media appearances about it yet, but I know for certain the elder Dr. Paul will stand 100% behind his son's decision.

In a webinar recorded back in October, now posted to Grassroots Central under the title Leadership with Michael Rothfeld, the last question I asked him concerned the subject of character. Mike explained:

"Character is what you do when nobody is watching... but character is also what you do when everyone is watching.

"What are you going to do if you lose?

"Are you going to quit?"

Are you going to call it a rigged game and give up? Are you going to let this historic campaign reduce to nothing more than a bump on the road to tyranny?

Or are you going to continue the fight, yield the battle graciously, and begin planning for the next battle?

Saul Anuzis, who always hated Ron Paul's movement and spent his resources engineering the primary to benefit Romney, recently lost his re-election campaign for National Committeeman... badly.

He had to take to the dais and call for the party to unite behind David Agema, his opponent, for national commiteeman.

I'm sure he would have loved to have denounced the convention for revolting against him, to tell us we're all a bunch of idiots, and so on.

But he could not. Not there on the dais. He would have done himself great harm by being anything other than a good sport in front of the state party. He had to concede to his opponent.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

That explanation is a load of #. I give up on the Pauls. I agree with Tarpley, this was a set up from the beginning.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I can feel for those who have given up on the Pauls.
To say I was deflated by all of this,would be a bit of an understatement.
But in a way im thankful for this.
Its become my moment of clarity.

Its has become clear to ME,that im through with politics and polliticians.
I feel no need to ever support another canidate or vote.

Im not encouraging anyone else to share my view,im just sharing my own.

Its all a game,and im choosing not to watch it anymore.
People will never get the government they want,they will ALWAYS get the government they deserve.

So in parting,enjoy your donation money Ron,and well played.

In the future,ill always keep this in mind.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My suspicion is that Rand, in a sort of twisted way, thinks he's protecting his father from assassination or other retaliation. It just shows me that anybody, exposed to enough influence or pressure, can be corrupted.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

He is actualy sane unlike his racist and homophobic father. I don't blame him for getting behind a real candidate, and neither should the cult of Ron Paul. You should accept he has no real support, even his son has abandoned him.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
reply to post by seenavv

He is actualy sane unlike his racist and homophobic father. I don't blame him for getting behind a real candidate, and neither should the cult of Ron Paul. You should accept he has no real support, even his son has abandoned him.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

I assume that a "real candidate" is someone blessed by the establishment? Or do you have other criteria?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Disappointing to say the least. Romney's views are so far apart from Ron Paul's. I guess it just goes to show that Rand Paul conforms to the status quo. If you can't stand-up for what you really believe in, you simply can't be trusted. Comparing family values and using that as a reason to support Romney is absolutely shallow. Family values simply won't turn this country around.

Now I have to wait and see if Paul will announce support for Romney. If he does, he's no different than any other politician. Stick to your guns and support candidates who have similar beliefs not opposite beliefs.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm disgusted to admit; AJ said it best... they became sellouts! They were bought out!

Only way to get back America now is by us doing it ourselves! Time to start doing things the hard way since we cannot do it through politics.

R3VOLUTION!
edit on 8-6-2012 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Are you serious? Ron Paul to many of us, seemed like an awesome candidate. A great record. Consistency. Romney has more flip flops than Datona Beach. I wouldn't trust the guy to drive a garbage truck, much less, be president. My hope is that they are at least trying to execute some kind of strategy.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm very upset with Rand, his father has to be hurt by this. I would like to think Rand is playing the media pulling a psyop, although I doubt it, Rand did support Romney last election cycle. Rand has been kissing major establishment tail, and has more of a future being a Liberty candidate, then clinging to the dying party.
edit on 8-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by kat2684 because: didn't make sense

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I've seen the following comment posted several times in other threads, but I think it applies: (Sorry for the plagiarism).

"If voting made a difference, it'd be illegal."

My thoughts -- People need to quit putting so much energy into a rigged system.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Southern Guardian called this weeks ago and most of you flamed her. You should be kissing her butt right now.

Rand still have years to look forward too. Ron will be too old ot mount a run in 2016. As for a VP slot-Nope, Rand is too out of the party norm for it to work UNLESS Mittens is looking to court the Libertarian vote-Which he really isn't. Mittens is going to play to the evangelical right.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Romney choosing Paul (Ron, not Rand) as a running mate would be a genius move on his part, if he can let go of his pride enough to do it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This comes from infowars.com:

During an appearance on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show last night, Rand Paul threw his weight behind the former Massachusetts Governor.

“My first choice had always been my father. I campaigned for him when I was 11-years-old. He’s still my first pick,” Paul told Hannity. “But now that the nominating process is over, tonight I’m happy to announce that I’m going to be supporting Gov. Mitt Romney.”

The Romney campaign quickly shot back with an official press release welcoming the endorsement.

“I am honored to have earned the endorsement of Rand Paul. Senator Paul has been a leading voice in the effort to scale back the size and reach of government and promote liberty. Over the past three and half years, President Obama has made government more and more of a presence in our lives, and Americans can’t afford four more years of the same failed policies. As President, I will reform the federal government and make it smaller, simpler, and smarter. I am grateful for Senator Paul’s support and look forward to working with him to get America back on the right track.”

It's all a puppet show people!!! Wake up before you are slaughtered in your sleep!

The republicans are STEALING the delegates, most people don't give a s??t, so the Ron Paul campaign seems to have sold out. They (Ron and Rand) are good people with great voting records, but they are being SEDUCED.

BTW, why is stuff like this always announced on Hannity?

Mitt Romney, if he get's in, will continue everything that Obama stood for (except for stuff like gay marriage).

I'm not sure what the next movre will be, but I now have no faith at all in the 'demon-cratic' system'. We, the people, need to take over (and not replace one moron with another).

edit on 8-6-2012 by chemistry because: clarity

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Thank you very much for sharing this RealSpoke! Seems like, as always, that we who believe in liberty and small government have been duped once again.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

this is going to blow your mind... But thats politics. Rand has to eendorse Romney, so that he dont end up like his father in the future. You know his father.. The one that has shown his cards early and often about changing the system. The guy who stresses revolutionary thinking.. Well rand needs to make sure that in the future, the republicans wont disown him when he tries to run for president, like they have tried to disown ron. Thas how politics go. Ill scratch your back, you scratch mine.. But ultimately, lets keep those dirty sheep grazing in the field.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm disgusted to admit; AJ said it best... they became sellouts! They were bought out!

Only way to get back America now is by us doing it ourselves! Time to start doing things the hard way since we cannot do it through politics.

R3VOLUTION!
edit on 8-6-2012 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

aj said on FRIDAY's show he was disasapointed but would withhold judgement while waiting to see the reasoning behind the move if there was some...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join