It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw An Orange Orb...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thought I would make a note of it here just in case anyone else saw it.

Direction: North
Time: 11:21 PM EST

It was very slow moving. Burned bright for about 5 seconds and then faded into the darkness. It was too big and bright to be an airplane and too high in the atmosphere to be a Chinese lantern....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'll say it was a Chinese lantern.

"...too high in the atmosphere to be a Chinese lantern...."

And you figured that out using what?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
ah who knows. a lantern is defiantly possible, especially since UFO sightings have been on the rise. why not pull a bunch of peoples leg? ya know for laughs ? lol. you saw it though so i'll take your word over my scepticism. i saw some pretty cool ufos the past year. so i mean, it's not like im saying they aren't real

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have seen the same thing three times in 44yrs, the last time was about 2yrs ago, was probably 2000 ft above me, but moving quick and quiet.

When I first seen it, I yelled to my oldest son and his friend to check it ou ( they were in the garage), they both seen it and were quite shocked, it was a large yellow/orange ball just like I had seen before, you see it and then its gone. Certainly makes you think.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Someone direct this to MUFON please...

Since we're sharing stories, the only thing I've ever seen... was when star gazing, I pointed to what seemed to be a satellite... there were 4 of us present. Right in our line of sight, directly between us and said satellite... there was what we all concluded was a flash, a flash just like that of a camera.

It was the craziest thing any of us have seen. It was SO bright, and very high in altitude. This might be a stretch, but me and a couple others all concluded that it must have came either near the edge of the atmosphere, our outside of it.

Anyways... just thought I'd share, I've never told anybody about this, outside of those who were there to witness it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I've been a volunteer storm spotter through Skywarn for several years through the NWS and the weather has been a hobby of mine for the better part of 15 years. I'm pretty knowledgeable about things pertaining to the atmosphere. There is a very thin layer of cirrostratus clouds in the sky tonight which are typically found at around 20k+ feet. It was obvious to me due to the reflective nature of the orange light on the surrounding clouds that the orb was at least at this height or greater...I don't know of any chinese lanterns that are able to fly that high.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

How can you tell if it's an orb that high up?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I'll say it was a Chinese lantern.

"...too high in the atmosphere to be a Chinese lantern...."

And you figured that out using what?
I'm going to vote orb. not a craft because crafts zip and dont fade. Although an orb-craft is possible but not an orballoon or an orbird. i think definitely just a plain orb given the description by the witness. But let me review the eye witness testimony again...

orb. no doubt about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I always here that it was a Chinese lantern, can you explain exactly what a Chinese lantern is?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Satellites fade, and depending on how they are reflecting the sunlight, they can appear orange.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

How can you tell if it's an orb that high up?
orbs have an orb like look to them no matter how high up. The only thing that can go that high are orbs not birds or latterns or balloons. crafts can go that high but this was an orb.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gibblets
reply to post by satron

I always here that it was a Chinese lantern, can you explain exactly what a Chinese lantern is?
Its like an orb only man made they are like bags wih candles in them...that float up in the sky due to the heat from the flame kind of like a hot air balloon. they act like orbs but don't go nearly as high.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Thank you for the reply, I actually new that, but I wanted to check. So when someone says they seen something in the sky they cannot explain, and then someone says it was Chinese lanterns, who the hell is sending these lanterens into the sky?

Is there an orginization that does this on a daily basis, once a week, once a month?

I can onestly say I have never met anyone who sends Chinese lanterns into the sky for fun or for any other reason.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gibblets
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Thank you for the reply, I actually new that, but I wanted to check. So when someone says they seen something in the sky they cannot explain, and then someone says it was Chinese lanterns, who the hell is sending these lanterens into the sky?

Chinese people?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join