It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead' Brazilian boy 'sits up in coffin at his own funeral and asks for WATER before lying back dow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think the most disturbing element of this story is the fact that the Doctors in Brazil will hand you your dead kid in a plastic bag!!!! WTF OVER!?!?!?!

Seriously???

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Often times after death a person will reflex and sit up, at that time air escapes and often releases with a sound, "Agua" would be a natural sound to identify for the witnesses. They were probably left saying, "Que? What did he just say?"" It sounded like", "Water"

Me thinks that this is what it was...and he probably just made some garbled noise and the family read more into it. Clearly he wasn't embalmed. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Well on what level? If it is what the heart of the family needed then what is the harm? It was decided through their love, so no harm done in their thinking.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Delayed the funeral an hour? I would've let the kid lay there until he started to rot just to make sure.

As one of the posters on the link said.
I second that statement. He could have woke up again in a few hours.
edit on 6/7/2012 by fixer1967 because: spelling

Agreed, and also give him some WATER!!

P.S since when it was cool to make jokes about a child that died.
edit on 9-6-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think they probably needed it for closure.Maybe they didn't want to believe he was dead and when his body did what it did..they read more into it.Then it was confirmed he was in fact,dead.And maybe now they're at peace with it.Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Do they not perform autopsies on dead people in other parts of the world?
Makes me wonder how many people actually get killed during the autopsy procedure.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Lol , you know , when you put it like that
things really are not looking that good .

And , it kinda makes you wonder what's next

edit on 9-6-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Oh dear, I can't read on to see what anyone else responded to this, because I have to reply on what I think it means, right now...

It sounds like you think people were buried with their cell phone, in Victorian England.

Initially, I was thinking this: Nobody in Victorian England had a cell phone, and neither did they posess a home phone, a work phone, or any other phone. While they certainly did take measures to try to assist anybody who was potentially buried prematurely to notify the living, it was not via phones.

...but then I realized that there were indeed phones at that time, those lovely vintage phones: Vintage Phone images

Finished reading the rest of the thread now. I am very curious to know what you read that made you think people were buried with phones... Looking at the time frame, I have to rethink this... Perhaps people might have been buried with the phones of the time, it was a time when other unusual precautions were taken, to avoid premature buriel. I never heard of this one, and just assumed you were talking about cell phones, which was wrong.
edit on 9-0620126-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Addressed my incorrect assumptions, asked for further clarification...

edit on 9-0620126-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Some things I posted on this thread, the first (as far as I know) where this topic appeared.

Yes, he did get some water, and drank it. He, according to at least one site, also belched a piece of cotton. Then he lay down again.

He didn't just said "água" (water), he, apparently, said "papai, água" (daddy, water), and I think it was his aunt that gave him a glass of water, which he drank by his own hands.

After he laid down again his father took him to a health centre, where a nurse gave him oxygen, just in case he was really alive, and called a doctor. After examining him the doctor said that he if he had been alive then now he was really dead, and had been dead for some hours. Then they buried him.

It looks like a psychologist from the hospital, while giving support to the father, told him that there was no need for asking for an autopsy from the Institute of Forensic Medicine because they would ask for service fees and taxes, but the Institute of Forensic Medicine, when they know of this case, told that all their work is paid by the state, and they even have a special service for cases like this, also completely free for those that ask for it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Oh dear, I can't read on to see what anyone else responded to this, because I have to reply on what I think it means, right now...

It sounds like you think people were buried with their cell phone, in Victorian England.

Initially, I was thinking this: Nobody in Victorian England had a cell phone, and neither did they posess a home phone, a work phone, or any other phone. While they certainly did take measures to try to assist anybody who was potentially buried prematurely to notify the living, it was not via phones.

...but then I realized that there were indeed phones at that time, those lovely vintage phones: Vintage Phone images

Finished reading the rest of the thread now. I am very curious to know what you read that made you think people were buried with phones... Looking at the time frame, I have to rethink this... Perhaps people might have been buried with the phones of the time, it was a time when other unusual precautions were taken, to avoid premature buriel. I never heard of this one, and just assumed you were talking about cell phones, which was wrong.
edit on 9-0620126-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Addressed my incorrect assumptions, asked for further clarification...

During the Renaissance era many people were buried with a bell attached to a rope or string which reached the surface, in case the person would wake up. That was because many people were in comas instaed of dead, and many times this was a result of lead poisoning which was common in those days from use of pewter plates and cups which were made from lead. This is where "graveyard shift" came from. Someone had to stay there all night in case the so-called deceased might awaken and ring the bell. Another saying "saved by the bell" means exactly this.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
They buried him anyway! He probably had a tumor or something. WTF....

Seriously. They buried him ?? What the heck ??
If it were my child I would definately NOT have buried him/her.
I'd go insane imagining him/her waking up underground ...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I remember watching a tv show about how some people were buried back then in some parts of the world. Some people were buried with bells by their graves and a line (i think) down inside their coffins.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i'm glad that wasn't my kid. i would never been able to bury him, after seeing him sit up and ask for some water.
i mean seeing is believing, and dead people don't ask for water.

How bad would that be for the parents?

Having your two year old son die, then seeing him alive again, only to die again!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

I was thinkin land line but since you thought it up, I thought I'd google CELL PHONES and look what I found
LOL (I think)

A new trend could put e-waste issues on a whole different level. People are starting to be buried with their cell phones and other gadgets.

We only wish we were joking.

"It seems that everyone under 40 who dies takes their cell phone with them," says Noelle Potvin, family service counselor for Hollywood Forever, a funeral home and cemetery in Hollywood, Calif. "It's a trend with BlackBerrys, too. We even had one guy who was buried with his Game Boy."

Uh whaaaa? Turns out it's a growing trend, and growing rapidly. While specific stats don't exist, funeral directors concur that it's pretty common and will likely grow exponentially.

www.treehugger.com...

Martin Sheets was a wealthy businessman who lived in Terra Haute, Indiana in the early 1900’s. One of his greatest fears was that of a premature burial. He often dreamt of being awake, but unable to move, at the moment the doctor pronounced him dead and then regaining consciousness while trapped in a coffin below the ground. Sheets decided to fight his fears by investing some of his resources in the prevention of his being buried alive.

First of all, he had a casket custom-designed with latches fitted on the inside. In this way, should he be placed inside prematurely, he would be able to open the coffin and escape. He also began construction on a mausoleum so that when he died, or was thought to have died, he would not be imprisoned under six feet of dirt. The mausoleum was well built and attractive but Sheets realized that even if he did manage to escape from his casket, he would still be trapped inside of a stone prison.

He came up with another clever idea. He installed a telephone inside of the tomb with a direct line to the main office of the cemetery. In this way, he could summon help by simply lifting the receiver. The line was fitted with an automatic indicator light so that even if no words were spoken, the light would come on in the office and help would soon be on the way.

www.prairieghosts.com...

an awsome treatise on premature burial
the causes, and things people did to try to avoid the horror of being buried alive....
damn I got the creeps now....

edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
They buried him anyway! He probably had a tumor or something. WTF....

Seriously. They buried him ?? What the heck ??
If it were my child I would definately NOT have buried him/her.
I'd go insane imagining him/her waking up underground ...

see cell phone burials in my above post....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

How bad would that be for the parents?

Having your two year old son die, then seeing him alive again, only to die again!

apparently, that's what has all ready happened. boy sat up and asked for water then laid back down and never got up again. and this was after the doctors said he was dead.

they took him back and doctors, said he was still dead.

now tell me who you gonna believe, the doctors or your own lying eyes.

if it were me and my son sat up after being pronounced dead, and laid back down and wouldn't wake up again.
there is no way you could prove to me he was dead until he was decomposing. and then i would still have a hard dealing with it.

what i'm saying is that i know things happen all the time that are hard to explain. there may well be a logical explanation for why he sat up. but not knowing for sure what caused it to happen and the fear that he might still be alive and burying him in that state would be a burden that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

that why i would have to wait until he was decomposing.

edit on 9-6-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
When I was a kid in school, one of our teachers, a nun, told us that events like this sometimes happen. Apparently it is common enough, how common I don't know, but she said that undertakers see this phenomenon occasionally. The whole current zombie fad is just that, a fad.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join