learn more

Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

This is the question I would ask the Atheists here: Do you think we are here, shining a light on ATS for our own welfare?

no - why would I think that?

We are giving.

Indeed - giving a load of mythology credence it does not deserve.

Truth always rises above darkness. One is solid and the other is a shadow. Once the light is bright enough, the shadow flees.

all completely irrelevant ..
edit on 7-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

God is personal. I don't need to prove anything to you, particularly as a staunch atheist for whom nothing but "God in a bottle" for your own scrutiny would suffice.

Read up on the writings of modern physicists like Bernard Haisch and Irvin Lazlo if you would like to better understand the basis for my belief and understanding, and while you're at it, contemplate deeply the teachings of Jesus Christ until you have what's called gnosis, or the knowledge of personal experience - if you like.

Um, why are you here in this forum, as an atheist, I don't get that part. What's your problem with my beliefs and why do I have to prove anything to you, I just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

How did God do it?

1/ why is god always "he" to you??
2/ since god does not exist "he" didn't.

Easy

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

How did God do it?

Easy

Because you say so.

Wow, that IS easy!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

God is personal. I don't need to prove anything to you, particularly as a staunch atheist for whom nothing but "God in a bottle" for your own scrutiny would suffice.

Indeed - I don't need you to prove that god exists to me either - we are in agreement.

Read up on the writings of modern physicists like Bernard Haisch and Irvin Lazlo if you would like to better understand the basis for my belief and understanding, and while you're at it, contemplate deeply the teachings of Jesus Christ until you have what's called gnosis, or the knowledge of personal experience - if you like.

I spent hte fist couple of decades of my life studying religions from eth inside - that is why I am perfectly content knowing god does not exist.

As for why people need religion - I would refer to a psychologist, not a physicist!

Um, why are you here in this forum, as an atheist, I don't get that part.

my news item was shifted here by the mods.

What's your problem with my beliefs and why do I have to prove anything to you, I just don't get it.

I dont particularly have a problem with your beliefs - except when they come to supporting nutjob theocrats who want to take over het world and have us all live under their version of any given religion.

however I posted a news item - and you replied - if you didn't want to discuss the matter why did you reply?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

How did God do it?

Easy

Because you say so.

Wow, that IS easy!

It is easy for me because it is easy for me - I wasn't refering to your experience, but if it is easy for you because I say so then that is great too

Why didn't you quote and answer the 1st question?? Puz:

Why is it you always refer to god as "he"?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

no - let's answer the question that was asked of you and not duck and dive to avoid it!

but the topic of the thread is not even that either - it is the prediction that there will be more aetheists than christians by 2038 - which may or may not prove true, and which makes no mention of "aetheism taking over christians" at all - when you get it wrong you realy do a bang up job of getting it wrong!

so why dose it take "MORE faith" to beleive evolution than to believe the bible?

I see. The thread is about Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. To stay on topic, you want me to answer the question, "so why dose it take "MORE faith" to beleive evolution than to believe the bible?"

I'll try.

It takes more faith to be an Atheist when all of quantum mechanics is explained in the Bible. To not see the connection denies the truth and does not deny ignorance of the truth. The moto of the website is, "Deny Ignorance." My answers stated the case clearly. Any God that can show me the future, demonstrate a mastery of light and physics, claim to only be about love, then demonstrated it by dying on a cross deserves my attention.

Beyond this, why does sin cause a debt? Sin is so fun. Isn't fun what life is all about? Show me the money. That's all that matters, right? As my other answers have shown, truth is suffering for what is to be earned. This is giving forward instead of taking and paying later. In some cases, a debt is good. We pay as we go and eventually show a positive balance. Giving always generates positive.

Lesser Case

In mathematics, we can create a negative. Compare this to a piece of trash I throw in your yard. I just created one negative for you, as you need to now do work to clean your yard. What if you decided, instead, to come beat me up. Now there is trash in your yard and you cause me pain. That's -2. If you had picked up the trash, it would have been -1 +1=0. You could have even thrown it away and then come to my home and picked up my trash too. Now, the world is all positive. I have been taken down by kindness and there is no trash in either yard.

We sin so much that none of our positive can pay our negative. This is our state as a thief in the wilderness. How do you cancel debt of magnitude? Multiplication. Two negatives multiplied create a positive. This is where Christ comes in for the world.

Greater Case

"Consider this example: In mathematics, if you owe three people $10, then you are negative $30 (3 X -10 = $-30). If the lenders then say, "We forgive you for this debt because we love you," then you are free from that debt by another negative. You have just had three subtractions of -10, making you three positives of $10 (-3 X -$10). Your debt is -30 + 30 = Zero. Jesus died a horrible death to pay our debt, walking us back to a positive value. "

Our sin and Jesus death is a positive for us all. Giving creates reward. It's the only way to have peace in the world. It's called love.

Beat that with Atheism.

edit on 7-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You're really annoying you know that?!

I'm not into the idea of a top-down religious hierarchy of domination and submission either, just for the record, and neither was Jesus Christ son of God who was actually crucified relative to it, because of his unwavering committment to certain universal principals of truth and justice, mercy, and above all a love that can never die.

If you've been inside of it, you'd have some real knowledge, and I don't mean factual knowledge but the knowledge of experience aka gnosis.

To me you seem spiritually dead, AND, with an axe to grind!

It's kind of amuzing, but as a real Christian, it makes me fear for you, yes for your eternal soul. I mean it.

Love,

In Christ,

NAM

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

How did God do it?

1/ why is god always "he" to you??

Easy

Not he. I prefer to use He. It's a title. This is why I try to remember a capital H? Also, Hey is the letter added to Abram to make Abraham. It means, "Behold a great work." God's name is YHVH. That is translated, "Behold the hand, behold the nail." Father would be the most correct, although I AM that I AM is also correct. God is merely a designation. The true name is His character. Taking the name in vain is taking the name and not the character.

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

edit on 7-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
People are turning atheist because they were hurt by the major religions, or see that RELIGION is a form of control, but spirituality is not the same, unfortunately since they were hurt by religion they don't give spirituality a chance.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Either that or they are both analog, not digital therefore are made up of particles smaller than Planck's length and as a result they have no locality to themselves. Crazy stuff to ponder.

edit on 8-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I am a European and I have lived in the UK and Scandinavian countries and where I grew up nobody was religious not family or friends or neighbours so when you write

It takes more faith to be an Atheist when all of quantum mechanics is explained in the Bible.

For me just shows you have Christian blinkers on – even if your point about quantum mechanics is correct it still leaves hundreds and maybe thousands of other myths in the same position as yours – so why pick yours over any other myth?

Also not having a faith is not the same as having a faith – I don’t have a belief/faith in christianity in the same way you don’t have faith in Zeus or Thor – pretending that people who aren’t theists are somehow a different kind of theist is just daft

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
"Countries with the best standard of living are turning atheist. That shift offers a glimpse into the world's future. "

I think the journalist means "Countries with more atheists develop the best standards of living"

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
People have so many wrong ideas about atheism. First i would like to say athesim is not a religion, have a look at the definition of religion in the dictionary. Atheism is not evil, religon is evil and greed, look at how the church was controling the people for past centuries. The church lost it's power over time and look at the rate humans started advancing in technology and science. Religion was made by man to explain the unexplainable. science then came to say the truth about what it is. The reason im atheist is because faith is not enough, science gives evidence for why things happen and religion just says have faith. why are more than 95% sciencetist atheist? The reason is theres no good evidence for god (things like witness accounts are the one of the worst possible evidence in science). check out the website TalkOrigins it's targeted mainly at 6000 years old earth creationist and not only.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So people think because they prayed and maybe the prayer worked that it's a sure sign it's Gods work...

A prayer is very similar to mantra in meditation. Prayers work because you direct your energy to the cause that you want done. It is hardly something mystic. Great teachers have been teaching it since the beginning of known time.

South American shamans have been known to cure many illnesses...including cancer. That does not make them God...they are only more in tune with the nature of the universe.

If you were healed...you healed yourself. No cure works if the body and mind is not willing.

Only the weak minded need God to do something for them. Only they need comfort in realization of their own mortality. Fear of death breeds Gods....

Speaking logically, there is a chance that God exists...but if we are ever to know this for a fact, we would be surprised as to how different real God is from all our preconceptions of him.

Atheism is only natural path of evolution of conciousness, which finally realizes...it's free.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
I am a European and I have lived in the UK and Scandinavian countries and where I grew up nobody was religious not family or friends or neighbours so when you write

It takes more faith to be an Atheist when all of quantum mechanics is explained in the Bible.

For me just shows you have Christian blinkers on – even if your point about quantum mechanics is correct it still leaves hundreds and maybe thousands of other myths in the same position as yours – so why pick yours over any other myth?

Also not having a faith is not the same as having a faith – I don’t have a belief/faith in christianity in the same way you don’t have faith in Zeus or Thor – pretending that people who aren’t theists are somehow a different kind of theist is just daft

Having faith about this or that or lack thereof doesnt necessarily mean you are a theist. No one implied that at all. What was said is the person who claims that God doesnt exist doesnt know that, they merely believe that to be fact.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If I am not chrisian nor atheist, do I still have a heart? Am I instilled in some treedy depraved sinful lifestyle?
Well, if you consider compassion and generosity as greed and depravity, then yes, I am a non christian monster.

What do you say xians? Do you consider me lesser for not being christian? And is a christian believer, who maybe doesn't practice Love and help others worth better than me? I'd love to hear about it.

I am God, just not what you consider God ( just a word ain't it? No. Much, MUCH more)
Collectively we are all God, but only the full realisation of it makes sense, if you think in xian terms, then you will be flaming me in about...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What was posted is

I am sorry but it requires no faith at all to >lack< faith in something and no amount of trying to link quantum mechanics to the bible is going to fool anybody

Theism has had its day in Europe and when the current crop of grannies shuffle off their mortal coil it will be all but finished – anybody reading the bible or koran and who hasn’t been raised in one of those belief systems can clearly see it just a bog standard myth - nothing more

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

You must not understand what the term "Atheist" means. It's from the Greek:

"A" (Alpha, negative)
"Theos" (God)

Which means "no/without God" It's not a lack of belief, the word itself affirms a position. Atheists claim there is no God. Agnostics are the ones who claim they do not know or it's impossible to know.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If we grant the premise that wealthy countries are giving up religion and turning to atheism, the implication is that the process will continue only as long as they continue being wealthy.
And are we sure that this is going to happen?
If, on the other hand, the world descends into chaos, I think it quite likely that New-Age based superstitions will be a major threat to both of them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join