<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by Azadok2day

teach the truth of Gods word

Polytheism?

Well christianity certainly does have elements of polytheism - what with the trinity, and large sections of it having hundreds or thousands of saints - "devotion" to whom is quite difficult to differentiate from worship.....and having been raised a good RC and then done a bit of time in the Pentacostal movement I'm completely familiar with the "theory" behind it all....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I'm not going to debate you over what The NWO is in this thread, as that is off topic. All I am going to say is that the current people who run this world, are religious, and they have no interest in a new world order, when the current world order has everything going for them. My point is that religion is going to bring on the destruction of the world, and religious fundamentalists accept this fate, and most look forward to it. I heard somewhere that 1 in 4 Americans think that the world will end in their lifetime. What kind of an outlook on life is this? Not a healthy one. Religion and superstition needs to be left behind with other bronze age beliefs, otherwise our fate will be that of which fundamentalists seek.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Polytheism?

Well christianity certainly does have elements of polytheism - what with the trinity, and large sections of it having hundreds or thousands of saints - "devotion" to whom is quite difficult to differentiate from worship.....and having been raised a good RC and then done a bit of time in the Pentacostal movement I'm completely familiar with the "theory" behind it all....

Light, by the view of science, is particle and wave. When an observer collapses the wave (collapsing wave function), the particle, which was a wave in entangled superposition, is collapsed into a particle. We view the particles. What science refuses to tell you is this: Light also contains consciousness. That's Particle, Wave and Consciousness.

Father is Light (All of the above), Son is Word (Wave) and Holy Spirit is Consciousness. The Trinity Created our Reality with Word (Information)!

John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

How did God do it?

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

He projected Energy into an image. We are inside the image.

Genesis 1:27
1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Now, to the matter at hand. You say that God is Pan, or more than one.

God is one. We are inside the projection. We are also one. We have particle and wave. That's matter. We have Consciousness. That's Spirit.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I actually think it's correct. When the Moshiach comes He'll abolish all religion, it'll all be about relationship.

Haha kind of putting all your eggs in one basket there, aren't you?
edit on 7-6-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

Yeah, as a matter of fact I am.
Well its ok for you to believe it but don't tell others its true when you know its just a fairy tale.

Lol, ive been miraculously healed, sorry, no Dr. Seuss story ever healed me before. Besides all that, lets not be hypocrites here.. you've apparently got all your eggs in one basket, no?
Its one thing to have blind faith but to be blind about raping children is just despicable.

What are you talking about? I'm not Catholic. Nor do I have anything to do with denominational Christianity. Lastly, my faith isn't "blind". Christ has miraculously healed me via prayer.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Polytheism?

Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with polytheism, we call God "Him" not " Them".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

No lies there , I just call them as I see them and to me it takes more faith to believe in evolution and be an atheist then to read the bible and see the truth of God .

Perhaps you would like to explain what "more faith" is required for believing many reporduceable studies than to beleive an ancient book full of butchery, mysoginism, internal contradictions and arguments about what should be in it ins the first place?

And what faith do I need to be an atheist???

You see most churches do not teach the truth of Gods word and since most people trust the churches they get lied to . Not unlike the lies your priests the scientists teach about evolution .

And which lies are those then?

this should be good....

BTW which version of creation from Genesis do you believe in - the one where man and woman are created together (1:27-28) and are unnamed, or the one where Adam is creatd first, then Eve (2:7 and 2:21-22) - they can't both be literally true.....

And neither can the versions that have teh Earth covered in water and the water is parted to create land (1:6-8) and het one where the Earth is dry and god causes water to spring up from it (2:5-6).

To answer the first part atheists believe in evolution which takes faith because it can never be proven.

The account of Genesis verse 1:26 is when God created all the races . That was the sixth day or the sixth thousand year. A day to God is one thousand years to man . Adam and Eve were created in the eigth day or eigth thousand year . Two different stories mate, simple reading but since you listen to man that's all you can see when you read the story, one creation that contradicts itself ......NOT.

The old testament was written in Hebrew , try reading it in that language and a different story develops , for instance genesis 1:2 the word was is a bad translation , it is the Hebrew word Hayah which means to become so the world became void and without form. Another hint , Genesis is the story of the recreation of Earth and man on it .

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Christ has miraculously healed me via prayer.

Not to sound rude, as i do not know your story, but isn't it possible that there is a better explanation for you being healed. The answer is not always god, that's usually an answer when people can't explain things. I would thank medical science for being healed, not god. It seems to me that peoples prayers usually get answered at about the same rate they don't get answered. Also, according to the bible, doesn't god have some divine plan? If this is so, then what is the point in prayer? If he is has a plan and is going to do what he wants anyways, then why pray in the first place?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by EnochWasRight

I'm not going to debate you over what The NWO is in this thread, as that is off topic. All I am going to say is that the current people who run this world, are religious, and they have no interest in a new world order, when the current world order has everything going for them. My point is that religion is going to bring on the destruction of the world, and religious fundamentalists accept this fate, and most look forward to it. I heard somewhere that 1 in 4 Americans think that the world will end in their lifetime. What kind of an outlook on life is this? Not a healthy one. Religion and superstition needs to be left behind with other bronze age beliefs, otherwise our fate will be that of which fundamentalists seek.

Not off topic. You said the unbelievers would overcome the believers. Mystery Babylon, the city on seven hills, is the NWO. On Topic.

If you read my last post, you will see quantum physics and light in an image. My words here are the same. The computer is an image of it's creator in time, made from energy and word (programming).

You say death is bad. The end is not good somehow. When you look in a mirror, is the image you? No. It's the reflection of what you are by the light shining on the particle. Light is not visible. Only what it reveals is visible. Much like our discussion here, light reveals the truth and casts the darkness into a shadow we can see. When your image is gone from this earth, the true soul wakes from the impression that light made.

You are with God now. The image is where he put you to learn love.

That's the truth of religion. The light is merely a means to see God.

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

The goal is to overcome the error. You need to see it first.

edit on 7-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Christ has miraculously healed me via prayer.

Not to sound rude, as i do not know your story, but isn't it possible that there is a better explanation for you being healed. The answer is not always god, that's usually an answer when people can't explain things. I would thank medical science for being healed, not god. It seems to me that peoples prayers usually get answered at about the same rate they don't get answered. Also, according to the bible, doesn't god have some divine plan? If this is so, then what is the point in prayer? If he is has a plan and is going to do what he wants anyways, then why pray in the first place?

No, every doctor and every test on the planet couldnt find my issue. And my miracle isn't all that amazing, just this week a youth from my church was healed of Leukemia. The doctor that told him he was going to die had to tell him there was no sign of the cancer. That was just this week. Glory to God.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Crazy, these countries may be doing good now but they have little military power. 85 percent of the people in the world believe in god/gods. The first thing they are going to bomb is the countries that don't believe in god/gods. I doubt if these countries are going to exist in 2038

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

No lies there , I just call them as I see them and to me it takes more faith to believe in evolution and be an atheist then to read the bible and see the truth of God .

Perhaps you would like to explain what "more faith" is required for believing many reporduceable studies than to beleive an ancient book full of butchery, mysoginism, internal contradictions and arguments about what should be in it ins the first place?

And what faith do I need to be an atheist???

You see most churches do not teach the truth of Gods word and since most people trust the churches they get lied to . Not unlike the lies your priests the scientists teach about evolution .

And which lies are those then?

this should be good....

BTW which version of creation from Genesis do you believe in - the one where man and woman are created together (1:27-28) and are unnamed, or the one where Adam is creatd first, then Eve (2:7 and 2:21-22) - they can't both be literally true.....

And neither can the versions that have teh Earth covered in water and the water is parted to create land (1:6-8) and het one where the Earth is dry and god causes water to spring up from it (2:5-6).

To answer the first part atheists believe in evolution which takes faith because it can never be proven.

nonetheless there is a great deal of evidence that supports its existence - so one can lok at tht evidence and say "yep - i see where they are coming from" without much need for faith at all.

so again - why does it need "MORE faith" (your words) to believe a theory that has a pile of credible evidence to support it than to beleive the bible, which is full of contradictions, slaughter, incest, adultery, genocide, intolerance, and an edict to not eat shrimp?

The account of Genesis verse 1:26 is when God created all the races . That was the sixth day or the sixth thousand year. A day to God is one thousand years to man .

Says who?

Adam and Eve were created in the eigth day or eigth thousand year . Two different stories mate, simple reading but since you listen to man that's all you can see when you read the story, one creation that contradicts itself ......NOT.

lol - so they are 2 different stories, Adam & Eve are het 1st man and woman - except for the whole of hte human race that was created earlier??

The old testament was written in Hebrew , try reading it in that language and a different story develops , for instance genesis 1:2 the word was is a bad translation , it is the Hebrew word Hayah which means to become so the world became void and without form. Another hint , Genesis is the story of the recreation of Earth and man on it .

another hint - christians can't even agree on what Genesis actually says!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why does secular humanism mean throwing away history?

Plenty of traditions or "inheritances" are worth throwing away - slavery is a recent example.

Your post starts with a presumption that we are made in eth image of god - which is palpably untrue - was god a boy or a girl for starters??

apart from that - if you want to be a "spiritual being" by all means be one - just stop trying to make everyone else believe in your imaginary friend.

What you presumptuously, arrogantly, and if I must say so, rudely, refer to as my "imaginary friend" is at once both a person and the Absolute from which everything, including you, have manifested. You do not have to believe in him. Just don't insult me or my intelligence in the process, please and thank you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Because you need the attributes of God to declare He doesnt exist. Omniscience and omnipresence. You only need to see evidence He exists to have faith in Him. To declare He doesnt exist takes exponentially more faith.

edit on 7-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Because you need the attributes of God to declare He doesnt exist.

"there is no god"

Do you now think that I am god, since I have declared it and therefoer must have all the attributes of god - and therefore be god??!!

Omniscience and omnipresence. You only need to see evidence He exists to have faith in Him. To declare He doesnt exist takes exponentially more faith.

that makes no sense whatsoever!

I'm going to take a guess that you are a christian, and that therefore you do not think Thor exists. Does that mean you must have all the attributes of Thor in order to believe he does not exist?

What arrant nonsense!

edit on 7-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why does secular humanism mean throwing away history?

Plenty of traditions or "inheritances" are worth throwing away - slavery is a recent example.

Your post starts with a presumption that we are made in eth image of god - which is palpably untrue - was god a boy or a girl for starters??

apart from that - if you want to be a "spiritual being" by all means be one - just stop trying to make everyone else believe in your imaginary friend.

What you presumptuously, arrogantly, and if I must say so, rudely, refer to as my "imaginary friend" is at once both a person and the Absolute from which everything, including you, have manifested. You do not have to believe in him. Just don't insult me or my intelligence in the process, please and thank you.

well you think yuo have god, you can't actually prove his existence to me, he (why he??) is invisible but talks to you and you to him, he has magic powers that never actually get used, etc...

In what way does that not fulfil the normal idea of an imaginary friend??

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

so again - why does it need "MORE faith" (your words) to believe a theory that has a pile of credible evidence to support it than to beleive the bible, which is full of contradictions, slaughter, incest, adultery, genocide, intolerance, and an edict to not eat shrimp?

Since the topic is about Atheism taking over Christians, let's keep in on topic with a bit of Bible history.

You are calling God's treatment of us something of a contradiction. He loves us, yet he shows us what tyranny is like first hand. While he is doing this, he allows many of the righteous to benefit from the promise of protection if they love Him and others. What is his motive?

Let's look at both sides:

On the one hand, we live in peace. I live in peace. Not sure about you, but my life is filled with wonderful kids and a happy home. I follow the Lord. My faith ensures that God is always near, even in times of trouble. There are some really bad times, yet peace is ever-present.

On the other hand, tyranny is coming. We know it's near. The Christians are not the cause. Clearly, we are the only thing standing between the NWO and full throttle tyranny and FEMA Camps. The Muslims are only stopped by the Christian nations, yet the Christian nation's leaders are part of the problem. Why would God show us both sides of good and evil? Did he say what would happen if we choose evil? Was he clear? Who brought the evil? God? Man? Last time I checked, God clings to His Word only.

The answer is easy. We experience tyranny at our own hands because we took the fruit of knowledge (Technology) when God planted us in a rain forest of plenty. We made the choice to go on the path of toil.

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

We gave up eternity in a garden for thorns and thistles. Why, then, do we face our own tyranny? Has God continually tried to set us straight? Is he long-suffering, even so far as sending His Son to die for our salvation? Yes. Thieves suffer in confinement until we amend our ways or die in jail. God can only keep telling us the key to the door is hanging on the hook within reach.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Because in order for you to know there is no God you would have to be everywhere in the known universe simultaneously to verify God wasn't existant anywhere (omnipresence), then you"d need all knowledge to know if God did not exist in any of the 6 curled dimensions we cannot see whith the naked eye. (Omniscience)

Or here is a practical example without Quantum Physics...

In order for me to declare there is no gold in China I'd physically have to be everywhere simultaneously in China to be able to verify there was no gold anywhere in China. However, to be able to say that gold exists in China I just need to be in one place at one time and see one piece of gold.

Declaring the negative position takes absurdly more faith (blind) than declafing the affirmative. Even Bertrand Russell figured this out and abruptly changed his stance to Agnostic.

If I remember correctly at about the 5 minute mark:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Because you need the attributes of God to declare He doesnt exist. Omniscience and omnipresence. You only need to see evidence He exists to have faith in Him. To declare He doesnt exist takes exponentially more faith.

That was a very good answer. I have said this before. We are both concrete thinkers and abstract thinkers. Both need to be used to see spiritually. That takes awareness beyond the self. When a baby is born, the breast is his awareness. As he is weaned, the world expands. Some people are never weaned from the breast of the material world. Awareness is close to the self. Taking reward is the aim. To see beyond, a person needs to cross a bridge. Once a person crosses over with virtue, the spirit opens up and sees beyond the self. The self is meaningless when we see the value in others. Once a person starts giving instead of taking, the awareness expands and God steps in and reveals Himself.

Most Atheists, (although loving others no doubt), cling to the material world like a mother's breast. This is why NDE survivors have life altering shifts in consciousness. They see that the world around them is an image. Once a person gets a glimpse of the true reality, the material world is no longer a fear.

Fear is the true enemy. A person that is empty constantly seeks fleeting things. A person that is filled by God needs nothing. Like we are doing here, it's not about our own desires. Giving is the point.

This is the question I would ask the Atheists here: Do you think we are here, shining a light on ATS for our own welfare? We are giving. Truth always rises above darkness. One is solid and the other is a shadow. Once the light is bright enough, the shadow flees.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Since the topic is about Atheism taking over Christians, let's keep in on topic with a bit of Bible history.

no - let's answer the question that was asked of you and not duck and dive to avoid it!

but the topic of the thread is not even that either - it is the prediction that there will be more aetheists than christians by 2038 - which may or may not prove true, and which makes no mention of "aetheism taking over christians" at all - when you get it wrong you realy do a bang up job of getting it wrong!

so why dose it take "MORE faith" to beleive evolution than to believe the bible?

You are calling God's treatment of us something of a contradiction.

Nope - I never said that - isn't lying against your religion??

I said there is no god - therefore there is no "god's treatment of us" to be a contradiction - easy.

On the one hand, we live in peace. I live in peace. Not sure about you, but my life is filled with wonderful kids and a happy home.

Me too.

I follow the Lord. My faith ensures that God is always near, even in times of trouble. There are some really bad times, yet peace is ever-present.

Well the end too - but no the religion stuff - I used to - then I grew up.

On the other hand, tyranny is coming. We know it's near. The Christians are not the cause.

I think they are.

I see christians such as yourself being more and more strident in your calls for action against everything you think is anti-christian.

IMO it is religious fundamentalists who wil bring about any NWO/FEMA camp apocalypse because you cannot face the cognitive dissonance that everything you believe in is a fairy tale.

Clearly, we are the only thing standing between the NWO and full throttle tyranny and FEMA Camps.

Laughable - it is christians who are calling for gays to be locked up for starters - I dont 'see to many gays asking for anyoneelse to be locked up!

The Muslims are only stopped by the Christian nations, yet the Christian nation's leaders are part of the problem. Why would God show us both sides of good and evil? Did he say what would happen if we choose evil? Was he clear? Who brought the evil? God? Man? Last time I checked, God clings to His Word only.

Since god does not exist there is clearly no ability for him (again - why him??) to show us both sides of anything - again it is easy.

The answer is easy. We experience tyranny at our own hands because we took the fruit of knowledge (Technology) when God planted us in a rain forest of plenty. We made the choice to go on the path of toil.

amazing - what a self serving intollerant unsupportable crusade you aer on - and yet you think you stand in defence AGAINST tyranny??

Yes - you are definitely the danger to freedom!

We gave up eternity in a garden for thorns and thistles. Why, then, do we face our own tyranny? Has God continually tried to set us straight?

since there is no god the question is meaningless - easy.

Is he long-suffering, even so far as sending His Son to die for our salvation? Yes.

since here is no god, and het question is meaningless, the answer is also meaningless.

And why is god always a "he"??!!

Thieves suffer in confinement until we amend our ways or die in jail. God can only keep telling us the key to the door is hanging on the hook within reach.

And since there is no key, and here is no hook and there is no god I guess that means you are SOOL!

Well I didn't really expect anything better - all you can do is spout circular arguments - proving the existence of god by initially stating that god exists therefoer all the other stuff he (why he??) does also exists ergo he exists....

Sad...and dangerous...and exactly what moslems say too!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Because in order for you to know there is no God you would have to be everywhere in the known universe simultaneously to verify God wasn't existant anywhere (omnipresence), then you"d need all knowledge to know if God did not exist in any of the 6 curled dimensions we cannot see whith the naked eye. (Omniscience)

Or here is a practical example without Quantum Physics...

In order for me to declare there is no gold in China I'd physically have to be everywhere simultaneously in China to be able to verify there was no gold anywhere in China. However, to be able to say that gold exists in China I just need to be in one place at one time and see one piece of gold.

Declaring the negative position takes absurdly more faith (blind) than declafing the affirmative. Even Bertrand Russell figured this out and abruptly changed his stance to Agnostic.

WOW! WOW! You just clued me in on yet another element to Word / Wave and particle physics. Here me on this.

First, to be on topic. It takes way too much faith to disbelieve in God. Here is another example of why. You just clued me in on this.

When light is a wave, it is in superposition. That means it is simultaneously here and there at the same moment. There is no there or here. Go back and read these two verses again about the image created by collapsing wave function. In other words, the observer, that's us, collapses the indeterminate wave to create the particle. That's basic Copenhagen interpretation.

Jesus is the WORD. He and God are everywhere at once? That's infinity which is uncollapsed. Infinity is eternal. We are temporal. We exist in time. One slice at a time. Two verses:

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

That's the WORD in superposition. Jesus was the living word.

Now for the next verse.

Cohesion - the act or state of cohering, uniting, or sticking together.

1 Colossians 1:
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Particle and Wave duality explained. The image is what is produced when the Word is collapsed. This is the cohesion of all matter in the universe. The observers are between. God is everywhere at the same time. Nice!

edit on 7-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join