It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wrote the New Testement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Apart from being the inspired word of God, I am reading some stuff that says that the bible was actually written by the Roman Arrius Calpurnius Piso in AD66.

Does anyone know anything about this?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I know that the first books of the new testement were oraly passed down for at least 40 years before it was written down.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
well i know that a lot of the new testament was written by paul and john and those people. no by whoever you said thats the craziest theory ive ever heard of.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by supernut89
well i know that a lot of the new testament was written by paul and john and those people. no by whoever you said thats the craziest theory ive ever heard of.

Acutally theologins believe that it wasn't written by them. The oral tradition may have been passed down by them but the actual words that were written down when't written by thses men

here are some sites i found

www.angelfire.com...

www.plvcc.org...

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I posted this thread because of some stuff written by David Icke saying that the whole of the New Testement was a fake created by the Piso family. I did some research to try and see where his theories originated and this is just one of the links:

www.fargonasphere.com...

[Edited on 23-4-2003 by moonclamp]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
David Icke also said all religion was created for was to control the population

But that doesnt explain the miracles and the prophecies coming to pass.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The jesus myth was basically created from a time honored tradition of cruscified or sacrificed saviors from earlier myths. Speculation insists jesus didnt even exist, but was simply a myth. Seventeen crucified saviors before jesus, one being krishna the reedeemer of the Hindus. the story of a man born of virgins, being fathered by gods, rising to save the world from evil, can be found in so many earlier myths, id have to question whether jesus existed too. one cannot ignore Mithrias was worshipped in Rome around this time: his myth was very similar to the jesus myth, including his birtdate: Dec 25. Since the winter solstice is the tradtional birth of the sun, it is around this time the birthdays of kinds and savors were always celebrated.

Jesus appears to be a modified sun god.

Anyone heard the story that Paul of Taursus created Christianity to destroy Romne with? very interesting spin.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The New Testament does actually tell us: from the Gospels to Acts, Epistles (Romans to Jude) and Revelation. Of course, whether or not you believe these statements is a different matter; but all books of the NT claim to be the work of the named, mortal, inspired authors.
Interested posters will find oceans of discussion from the scholarly to the lunatic on the Net.

Abelard Reuchlin the Jew who first brought the Piso theory to wider notice was simply an apologist for his race whose primary motive appears to have been to shift the blame (or what he felt to be the blame) for Christ�s death from the Jews, to somebody else ( a big Roman plot! Really? Rome? The Catholics?!!?).
I assume his book (1979) is still widely available in loony-land. It is, of course, drivel.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
the public decency filiter deleted "s..h...i....f....t"

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good answer Estragon.
Just becuase some wacko on the net says something does not mean that it is true, all it means is that someone with an agenda has access to a website.

To survive on the net you have to suspend your gullability, such arguements are not worth fighting, so generally I dont.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
witha ll the Papal corruption and conspiracy during the centuries after byzantium and before the renaissance, can we really be sure that any record we have today is legit? i mean, they could have just as easily wrote crap down and called it the bible, then once peopole could start reading translated versions, (martin luther, that jan hus guy), people interpreted the cathokic way to be corrupt. and the power of the land was once again political instead of papal

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
there's some answers.....on tradition from the Apostles.....

www.stignatious.com...

i could not not copy and paste.......oh well......

top topics

join