It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saggy Pants Ban At Chicago Public Schools?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Me personally, I like the "saggy" pant wearers.

It lets you quickly determine who the retards are.

If someone wants to walk around with pants that look like they crapped themselves, power to them.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

You seem too young to post such nonsense. Fashion change is an unavoidable consequence of how people feel internally as respect to current environment. NO ONE has the right to tell you what to wear, lest if be in some way ludicrous and sexually unacceptable.

Saggy Pants are nothing but a statement, a statement that says that " I want to look this way, because this is the way I feel, and this is the way I feel comfortable with my peers". You probably have no idea how deep this goes, but personal freedom, and it's preservation is paramount to everyone. Go check out Lady Gagga, do you approve of that?
... but millions of bucks are spent on her by major US corporations.... US corporations that would be in the portfolio of the same people who want to dictate how you look today. Insidious, insolvable bull crap for those of us in the know that would like to inform the public that "you have been here before". Help needed to eradicate this friggin anti-social virus from our society, again.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yeah!!!
It is about time a school district does something. And I say while they are at it, they should make the kids speak English and not ghetto. This is not how English is spoken, sorry.... These children are hurting their futures just to act cool. Who wants to hire someone that talks ghetto? Then they have the nerve to blame everyone else when they don't get jobs. Wake up and look in the mirror!

I know a young man who works at a hospital. After work, He has to change into ghetto clothes and talk ghetto or he will get jumped. He wants to better himself, but is forced to comply. So they are doing this to avoid getting hurt. Geez.... All the more reason to ban baggy pants and ghetto talk at school.
edit on 7-6-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Dat ain coo mane.

The best thing about sagging pants is that if the wearer of them tries to pick a fight with you you have the options of running (they'll never catch you) or pulling their pants to their ankles and then beating the snot out of them as they try to get their pants up without falling/getting knocked down.

Walking around with your undies showing isn't a statement. It's improper, possibly indicative of poor mental capacity.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Erectus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Why not give the kids real education?
Teach them look like fools (not far from the truth) and teach proper life skills.

The problem with inforcing "bans" like this is they will usually follow with even more things such as: -No black clothes, you look like a goth -Skirts longer then xx cm, or you look like a sl...., -No writing on Tshirt, No symbols unless it reads [insert monopoly here].

There are enough issues in the US at the moment with the children, cant we at least focus on the problem and not keep fixing 1st word problems?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Seriously? Your comment is simply in defense of the clothing option to dress in a manor that suggests idiocy. this isnt about freedom of what one can wear.It is an act of the school system to rectify an issue that has been going on long enough in the schools. A clean up if you will.. I work with the "Younger" generation daily and it is so directly connected to the mind of the lesser educated to dress in this "Fashion" .And each one of them think they are of "Gangsta" mindset.. Completely in delusion of reality. It also symbolizes Laziness.
It is also comical to watch these "boys" attempt to walk as they either have to keep one hand on their waist to hold their pants up, or walk with their legs so far apart just so the pants dont fall down as they are already below their a$$.
I believe in many freedoms, clothing being one of them but there certainly are limitations where someone needs to step in and say enough is enough.
Lady GAGA has nothing to do with this issue..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
As was already said saggy pants started in prison to let the other inmates to know "who was available".

False.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
SCORE!

Next they should demand that any major leaguer who wears their cap sideways be fined and suspended as well.

Certain things are just silly and beg for attention. Perhaps people are looking for the wrong kind of attention and that's the problem?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join