It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First the CDC Zombie Apocalypse 101 page.. NOW a full Zombie Graphic Novel on CDC.gov!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
did a search on ATS for this new thing.. put up back in March, and didn't see any threads about it.]

So after they put up a "Zombie Preparedness 101" site, now they post a lengthy Graphic Novel about the "Zombie Apocalypse".

CDC has a fun new way of teaching about emergency preparedness. Our new graphic novel, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Pandemic" demonstrates the importance of being prepared in an entertaining way that people of all ages will enjoy. Readers follow Todd, Julie, and their dog Max as a strange new disease begins spreading, turning ordinary people into zombies. Stick around to the end for a surprising twist that will drive home the importance of being prepared for any emergency. Included in the novel is a Preparedness Checklist so that readers can get their family, workplace, or school ready before disaster strikes. Click on the image below to view the novella. A transcript can be found by clicking on the “accessible text” PDF. To order your own copy of the novella click here.

Source

link to zombie graphic novella online - www.cdc.gov...#/page/1

This sort of web content costs upwards of $10,000.
They are definitely staying strong with the "Zombie" meme.
They even have a "zombie store" where you can buy zombie awareness t-shirts to raise money for the CDC...
link - www.printmojo.com...
Funny thing is , if you consider plausible deniability, and if Zombie Epidemic DOES rear it's ugly head... and all finger pointing goes towards them...then hey... they can say they warned ya!..

kinda funny dont'cha think....
Colbert seems to think so...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Always remember....... HEAD SHOTS !!!!!

And they need to watch 28 Days/ 28 Weeks for the Adult version.......

Being real honest, there is no telling what the government is up to.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

They even have a "zombie store" where you can buy zombie awareness t-shirts to raise money for the CDC...
link - www.printmojo.com...

That's probably part of it. Anything zombie related practically markets itself via the internet these days. Like the Zombie ammo thread. My friend with a 'Zombie Hunter' ejection port cover on one of his rifles has boxes of these.

On a side note, if someone told me that I'd be posting in 2 or 3 different threads with 'Zombie' in the title on THIS website a few months ago, I wouldn't have believed it

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There is one thing unsettling to me about this.

Are they doing this because this is what's coming or are they doing this to profit from the people that THINK this is coming?

The more I read about diseases and how there are new diseases created in the laboratory it wouldn't surprise me this was happening. However I'd rather this just be a scheme that they try and make money off.

I hope.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I posted something similar in another thread in reply to "zombie ammunition." To me, this seems like they are not taking zombies or zombie-like behavior seriously, even though a virus like this is very possible, if not already out there.

For the CDC to do this, which is a government website as far as I know, is very irresponsible, in my opinion. If they feel that zombies are "impossible or unlikely," they should not even mention them as the site should only be used for useful, possibly life-saving information. Or at least I thought that's what the site was for.

Unless they know something we don't or that they're not saying. But still, it's a little too tongue-in-cheek.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
YESS knew zombie apocalypse was plausible
Find yourself some high ground when the time comes, me and my friends will climb this huge tree in Caumsett park to stay safe. Zombies can't climb trees lol

Brainstorm: Wouldn't be surprised if ppl turned into zombies when the quarantine gets turned off; not everyone here knows what extra dimensional beings are...They might freak out and get brainwashed by HAARP...Having too much fun here

edit on 7-6-2012 by sgspecial19 because: edit

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My uncle is a zombieologist, works for the government.

Zombies are really very much misunderstood. All they want is brains. If there was a government program to give them free brains they would not attack.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

This is important. FYI - the 'zombie scenario' is used by scientists in computer simulations to figure out how pandemics might spread. And recur.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

This is important. FYI - the 'zombie scenario' is used by scientists in computer simulations to figure out how pandemics might spread. And recur.

do you have any examples of that or where that's mentioned? that's interesting.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Scroll far enough into the comic and they actually start pushing a need to create a vaccine right away. This is like propaganda designed for third graders.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Sorry - just remember linking it at some point. If you're really interested, google it - but I can't take the time now, sorry.

new topics

top topics

join