It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's half brother says family shared bank account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

A half brother of Osama bin Laden told a French judge that the two men and other relatives had access to a shared Swiss bank account in the 1990s to collect and redistribute family inheritance money, judicial officials said Tuesday.

Swiss citizen Yeslam Binladin, who spells his name differently from the terror leader, appeared briefly Monday before investigating judge Renaud Van Ruymbeke in a long-running probe of suspected money laundering, the officials said on condition of anonymity.

Associated Press

This bit of information has a lot of implications. If a lot of these US companies and, ahem, Bush supported the Bin Laden family, perhaps they were indirectly supporting Osama. I wonder how widespread this information was throughout the 90s.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't think thats true. I think that bush would never support the bin laden family.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Michael Moore had the facts.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
[This bit of information has a lot of implications. If a lot of these US companies and, ahem, Bush supported the Bin Laden family,

Actually Jamuhn, I think it is the other way around or at the very least a sybiotic relationship. The Bin laden family has a huge interest based on the reading I have done in the Carlyle Group. Ring a bell anybody? Carlyle invested on W's first company Arabusto Oil. Rumsfeld to Powell to Rice have all benifited from a somewhat shadowy investment group that HAS ties to the Bin Ladens. Take a look at the who's who of their board of directorsTo be fair, the Bin Laden Construction empire is like the Bechtel of the ME, and they want political cover like any other corporation. THe Democrats have also been dipping thier fingers into that well too.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Michael Moore had the facts.

Michael Moore is a sloppy "King of Idiots!" He's nothing more than a lying slob! Everyone in the entertainment world is either a freak or a freak lollwer. Except Olivia Newton-John. *whistle*

And he didn't have any "facts."

Getting back to the thread! These people are crazier than previously believed! Anyone sharing a bank account with a family member is totally nuts.

[edit on 4/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That's part of the big two-part question FredT. We know of the dealings between the two families. So, indirectly al Qaeda funded Osama, and indirectly Bush funded Osama.

The big question is whether they did it knowingly or not.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

top topics

join