It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sporting people behaving badly?? Or just a bit of fun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here is a link to a so called "breaking news" story this morning here in Australia bigpondnews.com...

For those that don't know we have extremely tight gun/firearm laws in Australia. Well most of the country would be classed as vey conservative & even uptight in relation to guns
. Unlike the USA ( I assume other countries the same).
This msm report & attack is just what we put up with day in/ day out. I mean isn't there bigger fish to fry. 2 blokes possing with guns at a gun range on holiday or training trip to the USA, what is the problem?
I'm sure many of you on this site will find it quite comical, but sadly this type of story is plastered over our tvs here.

If its not in the right place please move mods
edit on 7-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

I should add msm are throwing around comments like " they should be removed form the Olympic team " and so on
My opinion is. I could care less, it's rediculless and over the top.
edit on 7-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

'These postings today are foolish and clearly inappropriate for members of the 2012 Australian Olympic team,' Green said in a statement.

Clearly foolish for posing in a store selling a legal item...

'We say again to our athletes, do not put anything up on social media that you would not share with your mother or your grandmother.'

Imagine my mother's horror seeing me in a picture with a firearm...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

'These postings today are foolish and clearly inappropriate for members of the 2012 Australian Olympic team,' Green said in a statement.

Clearly foolish for posing in a store selling a legal item...

'We say again to our athletes, do not put anything up on social media that you would not share with your mother or your grandmother.'

Imagine my mother's horror seeing me in a picture with a firearm...

Haha, but I Sh!t you not. This will be an on going topic for too long IMO. Why ? That the way it is down here

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

I hate to bother but would like to ask some one living in Australia. I remember seeing the guns cut up on tv and such when your laws were passed. They made a big deal of it here. I know how our gun laws have effected crime but would love to know if it has gotten better are worse there sense the laws were passed. Thank you for your time.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

I would have any exact numbers for you sorry, but my perception would be a big no. We all know that crime would most probably be commited with illegal guns & unlicensed holders. Law abiding people penalized. If anything the area I live seems to be higher in crimes committed with weapons. But no numbers to back up my claim.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Thank you. I just wanted to hear it from a real person who is there. Not what the MSM says. This is one of the things I love about ATS. Its global and you can talk to real people with different prespectives. I have much more faith in our members than the MSM. Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am astounded that this "story" has been given so much attention. I cannot believe the reaction by the media, trying to make a big deal out of two guys posing with guns inside a gun store. What is wrong with our media?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Wow, "don't post anything you wouldn't send to your Grandmother." OK, I probably have pics of my grandmother with better guns than those, so..... no problem!

That is an outrageous stance. My FB page is filled with pics from the range, and kids of all ages are shooting shotguns. We have girls in bikinis shooting AKs and ARs. It isn't illegal, and it isn't inappropriate, and it isn't immoral, so why should they have to take it down?

Don't they use a gun to start the swimmers off the blocks? (Maybe that is the old way, but still part of the sport.) Guns and swimming fit together nicely!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

you got a bad arse granny, good on her
. USA & Australia are worlds apart on the guns issue. I don't think I know anyone that owns one
well maybe my father did once when I was younger I think.

It's just that our msm a crap at reporting sensibly on any topic. It seems to be all about building up a firestorm. I've seen and heard a few self proclaimed media celebs & radio hosts have their opinion today. It's just the same rubbish. These two blokes have already nearly proven themselves to be not the smartest cookies in the jar from past indiscretions. Which the msm very readily keeps bringing up, IMO has nothing to do with this photo or does it?

Gun control propaganda via msm or discipline for naughty boys
or just rubbish reporting.

top topics

join