It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slapped in the Face by ATF Today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That sounds like a fun week
And some good choices!

I've picked up a couple of rifles here in a couple of months time frame with no issues from a major retailer. Hope they get everything sorted out soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

One week I had the gun itch pretty bad. Started with an AR, next day a pistol, next day a pistol, next day an AK.

Where the hell are you going to be on Dec 20th of this year? I’m about to PM you my address...we’re having a BIG party at my place…you should come by!

As I recall I only had to do something extra because I bought 2 pistols within 5 days. That was when I asked the gun shop guy about people getting slapped on the wait list. I figured buying one a day for a few days would get me there, but nope.

Ya, I can see a red flag for that. It depends on your state law too. I don’t even know what my state law says about that…I’ve never had that problem!

Did you give them your SSN? I think that helps.

Sure, I’ve got nothing to hide. These MOFOS know me…at least DHS and DOD do.

I'm surprised it takes them that long where you are to get confirmation. I give them my ID and CPL, they go call the ATF while I do the paperwork, authorized in about 2 minutes, paperwork takes about 5. Boom. Out the door or on the range in about 10 minutes.

I’m assuming CPL and Texas’s CHL are the same. As I stated in the OP, I USED to have a CHL. I let it expire after four years was up because a recent law passed that satisfied my needs. Texas used to have a “traveling” law which restricted your carry in a vehicle; some law abiding people were catching felony charges for going to the range apparently not in compliance. I mainly got my CHL so I could avoid the hassle of compliance. Texas has since done away with that BS and anybody can carry (even loaded) in your vehicle.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
About 3 to 4 years ago now I went into walmart and was going to buy a cheap .22 just to go do some plinking with at the local gun range when time would permit. Well I filled out the paper work and was turned down at the moment. I was somewhat puzzled and at a loss for what had just happened. Well approximately 2 weeks later I received a phone call to inform me I could come purchase the rifle that everything was just fine. I didn't as I had already spent the money I had set aside for the rifle.

Since then I have gotten my lifetime personal protection LTCH here in Indiana. I have also purchased a few handguns with out a single problem. I still to this day do not understand what caused that hold up so many years back now but thinking about it again does make me scratch my head in confusion. Its a bit of BS but I consider it resolved and like you say it was probably just a pencil pusher trying to seem busy.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well that sucks man first time i ever heard of anyone ever being denied for a "rifle" lol what was it ?

A 50 BMG?

You have to have a license and several grand to spend on a gun to own that (I like the Barrett).

Maybe one day! I'll have to call a sniper to show me how to REALLY use it.

It was a .223 caliber (basically a varmint caliber).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It was a .223 caliber (basically a varmint caliber).

'
Well that makes it even more ridiculous i do know that there has been blow back from fast and furious more than 3 weapons now gets the feds attentions.

www.nssfblog.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by matt47274

About 3 to 4 years ago now I went into walmart and was going to buy a cheap .22 just to go do some plinking with at the local gun range when time would permit. Well I filled out the paper work and was turned down at the moment. I was somewhat puzzled and at a loss for what had just happened. Well approximately 2 weeks later I received a phone call to inform me I could come purchase the rifle that everything was just fine. I didn't as I had already spent the money I had set aside for the rifle.

Since then I have gotten my lifetime personal protection LTCH here in Indiana. I have also purchased a few handguns with out a single problem. I still to this day do not understand what caused that hold up so many years back now but thinking about it again does make me scratch my head in confusion. Its a bit of BS but I consider it resolved and like you say it was probably just a pencil pusher trying to seem busy.

What is LTCH do for you? Is that a Concealed license?

Ya, I assume now, after having heard from my fellow ATS’ers, that it’s just a glitch. The real issue is why the RIGHT isn’t automatically assumed. Why would they not just ASSUME everyone is free and clear rather than pursuing every person as if they were on to something?

Being in the business world, I think this is simply an example of the inefficiencies associated with being TOO DAMN BIG!! When your business is TOO BIG the customer gets screwed because the level of customer service and professionalism dramatically suffers; nature of the beast.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by seabag

When America needs me…as usual.

And Rambo was in the Army…I’m MUCH harder!

edit on 7-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

My post actually wasnt directed towards you m8.

And while we may often disagree, I dont question your qualifications.

You see, its not responsible gun owners who cause me concern, its the punk ass kids who could

break in your house and steal those guns who concern me.

They'd probably get shot in the process.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well that makes it even more ridiculous i do know that there has been blow back from fast and furious more than 3 weapons now gets the feds attentions.

The attention should be on Eric freakin’ Holder!

This crook signed off on the scheme and then hid behind his office while trying to let others take the fall.
Not surprised though….he couldn’t spot the violation of federal law regarding voter intimidation either!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

My post actually wasnt directed towards you m8.

And while we may often disagree, I dont question your qualifications.

Love ya, twosides!

You see, its not responsible gun owners who cause me concern, its the punk ass kids who could break in your house and steal those guns who concern me.

Criminals get guns no matter what law we pass or safe we own or police we have on the street. There will always be good and bad…the issue of gun control is about whether or not we (as a society) will allow law abiding (good) citizens adequately defend themselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Hi Urbanshadow, I'm from the uk too.
Not long agao Canada had the largest gun count per person in the world, they also had the lowest gun crime figures.

you haven't been to Toronto then.
Where are you getting your stats from ?

I would bet that u.s.a has the largest count per person and the
highest crimes, why is that ?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

you haven't been to Toronto then.
Where are you getting your stats from ?
I would bet that u.s.a has the largest count per person and the
highest crimes, why is that ?

In Toronto, it’s not about the gun count…it’s the law abiding to non-law abiding citizen count you have to worry about!

HEY, guns don’t fix problems! Guns are inanimate objects!

Too bad liberals in America don’t get it!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Where the hell are you going to be on Dec 20th of this year? I’m about to PM you my address...we’re having a BIG party at my place…you should come by!

Thanks for the invite. I'll bring the new zombie gun too. I actually got them to throw in a box of the zombie ammo. Had to push me to do that impulse buy
I got jealous of my buddies.

Just remembered I have a picture!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You got one more jealous buddy!!

Nice AK, bro; rails, flip up sites AND traditional (yet new style) banana mag too!

Ya, come on over! We’ve got plenty of room!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I like it! I love gratuitous gun pictures
You're making me want to take pictures of a couple of mine.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My buddy has the same set up, I was jealous when I shot it. No flip up sights, trijicon red dot. Seems weird, but is awesome. Next day I went out bought the AK, ordered the red dot and the forend. A week later, YAY! Was going to try slapping the eotech on it but he told me they dont fit right. So AR keeps eotech, and Im out some bucks.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by seabag

We are not allowed to own firearms here (in the UK) without a special licence. I just wondered why you had so many, and what you wanted another one for?

Ahhh. Our government doesn't 'allow' us to own firearms, we claim it as our right.
I wonder why you never did the same.

If you're talking about the 2nd amendment I do think you should look at this clip first before going on about the "right" to bear arms...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

DO IT! I'm too lazy to actually take pictures of anymore, would require unlocking things but here's a picture of her girlfriend I posted in another thread. The AR looks a bit different now, wanted to slap on some OD green stuff and got a new grip. Also AFG and using those PMAGS. They were a cute couple though.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I might be wrong, but doesn't the hold automatically get lifted after 5 days or something if the FFL doesn't hear back from ATF? At that point, you can pick it up.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My buddy has the same set up, I was jealous when I shot it. No flip up sights, trijicon red dot. Seems weird, but is awesome. Next day I went out bought the AK, ordered the red dot and the forend. A week later, YAY! Was going to try slapping the eotech on it but he told me they dont fit right. So AR keeps eotech, and Im out some bucks.

I have an eotech on my AR as well (a Colt not a spin off…had to go traditional). The EO grew on me in the MC.

I would post a pic of my new tool but obviously it would be a stock photo because ATF is holding my purchase while they inspect my colon.

It’s a SCAR (not the good one but the civilian model). I’ve been drooling over it for a long time (though I will always wish it had the shorter military barrel).

NOW you know why I’m losing sleep!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Enjoy your NDAA.Your warmongering karma is coming around.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join