It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Show On Mars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

A Dutch company with big-name science and TV backers plans to stage a space reality show that will send winners to Mars — for the rest of their lives.

Mars One, claiming the support of Nobel Prize-winning physicist Gerard ’t Hooft and “Big Brother” co-creator Paul Romer, wants to start training amateur astronauts next year for a “media event” that will determine who’ll get to Mars by 2023.

The reality show will be “our way to finance the mission. The mission to Mars will be the biggest media event ever!” the company said.

“A habitable settlement will be waiting for the settlers when they land,” according to Mars One.
“The settlement will support them while they live and work on Mars the rest of their lives.” Reinforcements would be sent every two years. Read more: www.nypost.com...

Seriously sign me up! who wants to go with me???!

Lets get off this prison planet!
edit on 7-6-2012 by oneness86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Might be easier to send the cashed up 'elites' to Mars instead. They're the type whose ruined this planet, send them away, leave humanity behind for the chance to be humane again.

(Mind you, I'd love a trip there!)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
(Mind you, I'd love a trip there!)

I hear its nice this time of year! lol

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

I imagine that resources like food, breathable atmosphere and many things we take for granted on Earth would be absent on Mars.

And it is colder than Earth.

I would love to see how they propose to create a liveable environment.

I would also be concerned that the public would loose interest after a while and funding required to keep the "martians" alive with support packages would "dry-up".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
They already have a well carefully selected crew, not contestants, and the publicity is to pay for the mission. Its going to be private and have no government influence.

Mars One

Exciting step in the right direction.

(this has to be a thread on ATS already, if not I am disappointed)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86

A Dutch company with big-name science and TV backers plans to stage a space reality show that will send winners to Mars — for the rest of their lives.

Mars One, claiming the support of Nobel Prize-winning physicist Gerard ’t Hooft and “Big Brother” co-creator Paul Romer, wants to start training amateur astronauts next year for a “media event” that will determine who’ll get to Mars by 2023.

The reality show will be “our way to finance the mission. The mission to Mars will be the biggest media event ever!” the company said.

“A habitable settlement will be waiting for the settlers when they land,” according to Mars One.
“The settlement will support them while they live and work on Mars the rest of their lives.” Reinforcements would be sent every two years. Read more: www.nypost.com...

Seriously sign me up! who wants to go with me???!

Lets get off this prison planet!
edit on 7-6-2012 by oneness86 because: (no reason given)

Don't hold your breath, a few years back they made a show called "The Experiment" (or something similar) were they made people believe they were on a shuttle and going into space, just to see if they could.

You really think we'll be on Mars in 2023?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

You really think we'll be on Mars in 2023?

Not a chance in hell, I bet they will still be shuffling paper work and doing 'feasibility studies' until 2040...

If I was in change:-
Paper Work = OK (and a smiley face stamp)
Feasibility = Hard, but doable, stop faffing about with wars and lets focus on the big picture.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Qumulys because: I had to be a Mission Director to show how easy it is.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
SIGN ME UP NOW!!!!

Ok I think it's obvious I'm all for this!

I have always said if I could go to Mars I'd leave everything behind for the opportunity. I just ask that you name a crater in my honor

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
SIGN ME UP NOW!!!!

Ok I think it's obvious I'm all for this!
I just ask that you name a crater in my honor

Who knows u might find more than just a crater when you get there lol

new topics

top topics

join