It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Assad 'must transfer power and depart Syria'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm going to add multiple sources and opinions from different news agencies around the world in hopes that it will help to broaden the perspective of the issue without being biased towards a single viewpoint, at least that's the idea.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday issued the harshest condemnation yet of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, telling reporters in Turkey that he “must transfer power and depart Syria.”

Let's have a look at the other side of the story, or at least a piece of the puzzle from a different source.

bloomberg.com

“Boats carrying weapons are being dispatched and they are getting financing too because Saudi Arabia and Qatar are paying salaries to members of the Syrian Free Army,” Alexei Pushkov, the head of the foreign-affairs committee in the lower house of parliament, said in a telephone interview yesterday in Moscow. “Instead of supporting the armed actions of the opposition, we want them to exert a restraining influence.”

You hear no mention of this on tv sets in America, or how other Arab nations are supporting and paying the salaries of the free Syrian army rebels in their advance to unseat Assad, which IMO only goes to show how biased media reporting is around the world.

bbc.com

Rebels fighting the government of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria will be paid salaries, the opposition Syrian National Council has announced.

And yet in the West when we tune into the news, and the topic of Syria comes up, all that's said is how the Assad regime is culminating violence against it's own citizens, without mention of who else is involved.

So who's really to blame for the uproar and violence in Syria, Assad or the Gulf Arab states, or Russia for supposedly backing the government and supplying armaments. The article below is from the same authors as the video above.

hrf.com

“These words are welcome, but they have to be accompanied by immediate steps that make clear that the U.S. commitment to peace in Syria goes beyond rhetoric,” said Human Rights First’s Sadia Hameed. “Weapons from the Russian-based arms dealer Rosoboronexport continue to flow to Syria. The State and Treasury Departments have untapped tools at their disposal to stop these deliveries and they should use them.”

Russia in a report in the Irish times denied it's role or complicity in arming the Assad regime:

irishtimes.com

Russian president Vladimir Putin denied today that the country was supplying arms to the Syrian government to crush rebels, brushing off US criticism of a "reprehensible" arms shipment to Damascus.

The article below is from the Modern Tokyo Times:

mtt.com

Thousands of Syrian soldiers have died for defending their homeland against the “axis of evil” which is igniting the flames of death against the Syrian people. For the government of Syria it is about defending their independence, protecting all Syrians irrespective of religion, and safeguarding the rights of women. Alternatively, the Obama administration and allies like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Qatar, are spreading Salafist ideology, sectarianism, and terrorism. Each nation is only concerned about respective self-interests. This means that “the blood of Syrians is cheap” for outside nations meddling and fermenting a brutal covert war against Syria.

Irrespective of who or what is involved in the ongoing crisis, there are innocent civilians being killed daily. It is up to the international community and the U.N. to help dissolve the crisis and prevent any further massacres.

Hopefully sometime in the near future peace can be negotiated for the benefit of the Syrian people who are caught up in an armed conflict, where existing arms and new weapons are possibly being sent into the country via outside sources and all atrocities being soley blamed on the government.

There is no doubt that Assad has blood on his hands as well, and probably should step down to ease the burden on his citizens, but to say that all the violence stems from this single source is ludicrous.

In my opinion how can it be determined who or what has been the cause of the conflict and massacres if there are extreme groups inside the country besides the regime, with heavy weapons also, opposing Assad. To put or shift the blame on Assad while fiscally sponsoring the crisis through proxy states is not only hypocritical, but also wrong. When in fact it is evident that all sides are just as proportionately supportive.

~Daedal~

edit on 7-6-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 7-6-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Clinton is such an odious little troll. Is she taken seriously in America?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Just like the ramp up to Iraq.
... Saddam and his sons must leave Iraq ...
A hot war, US boots on the ground this month.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bulldetector

Expect the Russians will be in Syria already there are reports of Russian Forces getting ready. Welcome to WW3

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
They don't want the brotherhood at all Mr Clinton, so drop your bullying and stop your lies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Lizzie Phelan Speaking Truth About Syria, and Lies In Media.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
How about Clinton mind her own business and let the Syrians handle their own business.

It is her siding and intervention that has caused trouble in Libya. Hey Hitlary Clinton how is Libya for you?

Blowback in Libya: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh why do the Muslims bomb our embassies, why, why do they hate us

It is because we bombed the snot out of them using NATO.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
As I've stated elsewhere

Assad should show he is smarter than good old Qaddafi and transfer his Billions from his Swiss accounts to Russia and then do everybody and himself a big favor.

Retire in Russia...

Then the killing stops, He and his family would live safely and in peace and then he can talk all the crap about the West he wants from the safety of Russia. That would be the smart thing to do and great propaganda.

Just a thought

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That certainly would work, but where does it stop.

Iran would be next in an ousting attempt.

Should any world leader that the west does not like have to pack their bags? Are we in the business of removing leaders and interfering...?

Maybe Assad should just go to Russia and then talk smack about the USA, that would be good PR; but then who would rule Syria...the rebel terrorists..?

These rebel terrorists would then threaten Israel...

Israel could launch a preemptive strike on Syria just like that if the rebel terrorists government threatens them. Maybe Assad is trying to prevent that from happening..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Should any world leader that the west does not like have to pack their bags? Are we in the business of removing leaders and interfering...?

The one thing you always seem to leave out is how the Syrians themselves feel or want. You also seem to sidestep the fact that Syrians themselves are fighting and dying, no matter how many ways you want to twist out of acknowledging that fact.

Maybe Assad should just go to Russia and then talk smack about the USA, that would be good PR;

Yes it would. But I doubt it will happen. All these Dictators always want is to stay in power no matter what their people want.

but then who would rule Syria...the rebel terrorists..?

Well you're half right.

Syrians would rule Syria. Has a nice ring to it eh?

These rebel terrorists would then threaten Israel...

Now there is some Fearmongering if I ever read some.

Israel could launch a preemptive strike on Syria just like that if the rebel terrorists government threatens them.

Why?

Do you think the New Government would pick up where Assad's Government has left off? Assad's activities go back a few decades.

What would be the difference?
edit on 7-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Then why hasn't Israel launched an attack on Egypt? Since the muslim brotherhood is in power there and the same people who are labeled "rebels" in Syria.

On Topic Dunno who i dislike more Clinton or Assad:

Miss " we came,we saw,Gaddafi died"

The dictator murdering his own.

Assad by a narrow margin.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ok,,elephant,,

someone ask Israel,, if they have a problem ,,with Russia,, ruling Syria,,, for a bit,,
i know,, but hey i think that could work,,
and we can all get back to sking in the Alps.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I was waiting for you to show up..when does the rest of the gang show up

Then why hasn't Israel launched an attack on Egypt? Since the muslim brotherhood is in power there and the same people who are labeled "rebels" in Syria.

Possibly cause they haven't made a large threat to Israel yet. I assure you if and when they do they will be met with force.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The one thing you always seem to leave out is how the Syrians themselves feel or want. You also seem to sidestep the fact that Syrians themselves are fighting and dying, no matter how many ways you want to twist out of acknowledging that fact.

Well leave the Syrians be, and lets stop arming both sides, let the Syrians choose their own destiny.

Syrians would rule Syria. Has a nice ring to it eh?

I was under the impression that Assad was Syrian...did I miss something?

So you want to remove a dictator (which we have no business doing) and are hoping that a terrorist regime would be better...

Now there is some Fearmongering if I ever read some.

More like truthmongering. Are you saying with certainty that these rebel terrorists would be 100% cozy with Israel?

Secondly you never addressed when I said: where does our interference stop?
edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 22:38:04 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Dont tell me you are calling for reinforcements?

The golden boys, two here few more to go hehhe

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Assad - 1

Clinton - 0

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I was waiting for you to show up..when does the rest of the gang show up

Maybe MANY on ATS,don't feel the same way as you do,or are not buying into your version of events.

And I didn't know that MANY are now a gang....Dont label people,when they disagree with you. Prove them wrong. Deny Ignorance.

To OP.....

Personally,I don't like Hillary. I will always remember how she shook hands with Kadafi's son,and in the next step,laughed at his death.

Shes the last person,I want to hear from,even if her stance,might have merit.
edit on 7-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There you go, golden boy number three. Welcome. No it just seems you can't take me one on one on this topic

The truth is after all hard to swallow for you

ot buying into your version of events.

There are no versions of the truth
edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 22:46:37 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

There you go, golden boy number three. Welcome. No it just seems you can't take me one on one, and need to get your club up against me lol

I still dont understand what you mean by golden boy ? Clarify please..........

Second I gave you a real reason. PEOPLE DON'T AGREE WITH YOU,OR YOUR STANCE,on many subjects.

So ANYONE that doesn't agree with you,has to take a 1 on 1 number? I didnt know you make the rules?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I still dont understand what you mean by golden boy ? Clarify please..........

Its the name of the club you belong too. Don't worry its a good club, you get to swim in the pool and have access to the guest home and complimentary breakfast.

So ANYONE that doesn't agree with you,has to take a 1 on 1 number? I didnt know you make the rules?

No, but I am saying, boy it must be easier for the club boys when the fight is divided up amongst a lot of people. There are no rules
edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 22:48:40 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

There you go, golden boy number three. Welcome. No it just seems you can't take me one on one on this topic

ot buying into your version of events.

There are no versions of the truth
edit on 103030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 22:46:37 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Hint if you don't want other people chiming in?

Don't hit the reply button it is an invitation to comment.

Back to Assad should get out of Syria cause Clinton says so.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join