It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I share a dream with my daughter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Is that even possible?

I had a dream last night that I was at my sister-in-laws house and she was teaching me how to fold pecans ( I know, that makes no sense at all). Anyway, while she was showing me how to fold the pecans she had a radio playing in the background. I asked her if she had heard the new song by Jason Mraz called I won't give up. She said no, that she hadn't heard it. Next thing I know, I have my hand on the door knob of my front door, bowl of perfectly folded pecans in the other hand.

Then my daughter woke me up.

I went into the kitchen to make her breakfast and she sat down at the kitchen table. She said "mommy, I had a silly dream last night". I asked her what her silly dream was about. She said she had a dream about Jason Mraz!!! I asked her what happened in her dream and she said that I was out on our front porch eating a bowl of peanuts and I was listening to Jason Mraz.

First I want to say that we NEVER sit on our front porch. We have a large back yard with a big patio and that is where we spend all of our time outside. I only open my front door if someone rings the bell. Second thing is that my daughter is only 5 years old. She does not know the difference between peanuts and pecans, so I went to our pantry and got both out and asked her which ones I was eating in her dream. She pointed to the pecans. She has heard Jason Mraz on the radio and she does know that I do like his new song, but I have never made a big deal out of him or the song. I can't believe she could even remember his name, I mean he isn't Justin Bieber after all....lol

All of this was very strange and while I have experienced many strange things in my life, this is a first. Does anyone know how this is possible? Was it just a coincidence? When she was much younger she used to freak me out quite frequently, but that is another story all together.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Very cool, I must say.

I believe that it's absolutely a genuine, albeit a rare, experience to share a dream with your daughter/family. Why would I believe you or say this? Because when I was about 5 or 6, I shared a dream with my mother!

In my dream, we were flying together (mom and I) far and quickly into outer space. She had me tucked under her one arm and we were both wrapped in my favorite blanket at the time. During this voyage into outer space I got a little scared. About 3 separate occasions I got scared and my mother would turn around and smile at me in the most loving possible way. This totally calmed me down each time. Then after realizing it wasn't anything to be scared of, I began to notice that the bright (white) stars started taking on more vibrant colors until before you knew it, we were among the most multi-colored and vibrant looking "galaxies" I called them. It was like a Christmas tree of colors but more brilliant.

Well some years went on, the family moved, I was now 14. During a conversation I was having with my mother one afternoon I mentioned the old house and some spooky and interesting times about growing up. When I mentioned this dream to her, she just completely stopped, looked at me seriously, and said, "Omg, I had that same dream!" Me: "Are you serious?!" Her: Yep, I'm freaked out!

Haha, I love my mom. She's the most real person I know.

p.s I'm a little scatter-brained right now, so sorry for the poor writing style, I'm usually better at this

edit on 7-6-2012 by GodHatesUsAll because: grammar

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GodHatesUsAll

I just don't understand how it's possible
I was really freaked out at first, but now I am just in awe. It really makes it clear that there is more going on here than we could possibly know. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it.

Did you try to decipher the dream that you shared, to see if maybe it was some sort of precognative dream?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This supposed "dream" that I shared with my mother definitely changed my perception who we are in a nonphysical sense.

Other than just a few reaffirming questions, like, "really?" and "are you sure?", we never tried to make anything else of it other than me and her shared a journey to a very distant and beautiful place .. out there.

Also, I remember waking up from it in a panicked sweat and that this "dream" didn't feel like any other dream I ever had up until age 5 or 6 (when it happened). And until my mother exclaimed to me that she shared the dream, I had myself convinced that it was an alien entity posing as my mother in order to take me to its home star system, lol!

So it's cool to know that from your experience, you also have had this unique chance to glimpse life from another angle and be in awe of it.

And a special thanks goes to ATS. This is probably the 4th or 5th topic where I just have first-hand experience with and I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You and your daughter subconsciously traveled together through the universe as you both slept.
It's possible dreams give us a glimpse of what we are experiencing in some alternative universe.
Likewise, maybe our reality is what our alternative selves are currently dreaming about.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I once shared one with my mother. It was strange, and didn't take place anywhere on Earth. Just weird stuff.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Somebody's skimming too fast before posting, ;P

It was the OP who shared a dream with her daughter, together, here on earth.

It was mother and son (in my case) traveling through space.

*(just clearing that up)

new topics

top topics

join