It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to switch to digital "chipped" currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Many months ago I posted information about how this ties into the new BCID's being introduced in november of this year. Canada is deeply interested in getting us off printed money and onto digital currency. Here is confirmation that they would like to do this.

This is part of their strategy to destroy the "underground economy".
www.cra-arc.gc.ca...

Have a good look at this government's plans on embracing Agenda 21 and the police state:
this document

No matter what country you are in, in this world we are all under threat of being devoured by systems such a these. This is absolutely sinister, the intent is to get us to accept the very thing that makes the banksters win! The power elite would love it if Canadians accepted this.

this was the previous thread
edit on 7-6-2012 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is one huge step to a one world government. We are going to see it happen during our lifetime. I never thought I would see this, let alone a quarter of the shenanigans that are going on in the world right now. TPTB are escalating the implementaion of a police state.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
HECK YEA!!! Any thing can be hacked

I bet the FBI is going to watch me now just for that comment.
This was bound to happen at some time. Every thing is going to be digital.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I refuse. Sorry.
When the power goes out the digital currency is worthless.

If a hurricane rolls through and i need to get anything (live in a city), i need cash.
I dont think many people are going to approve of an all digital currency.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This will never work because if power goes out in an area nothing will work...so if power was out for 12 hours, which has happened, you could have some serious issues...unless I suppose checks still work...still...I like having a little emergency cash on the side...could be a dangerous situation.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Like hell they are going to. It is NO"T GOING TO HAPPEN. I'm not using it, will never get a cell phone, and garage sales.

I do support a moneyless system. Ie no banks, no realtors, we all have land and high tech and abundance, the Venus Project!

Any other moneyless system and that wanna be crook can turn himself in at the cop shop for treason and ask for the maximum sentence, because he aint getting pensions funded by tax payers, he's going to be driven across the border so he and Obama can shack up together.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I refuse. Sorry.
When the power goes out the digital currency is worthless.

If a hurricane rolls through and i need to get anything (live in a city), i need cash.
I dont think many people are going to approve of an all digital currency.

It'll be fantastic to see Candians unit to refuse this "mandatory" beast. That's right government says it's mandatory, and the surprise is that not only will this turn into federal currency soon enough, it'll become world currency with the flick of a switch. The same can be said how easily your life will be stolen away, one flick of a switch and poof it'll be gone.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Mandatory? It isn't going to happen. Period. Canadians are not the crew to try experiments on, they are the most conservative (I don't politically) group there is and don't jump into anything new.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Who the hell is going to carry cancer causing cell phones, and go around with one to garage sales so a 2 dollar purchase gets 3 dollars in fees added. ITS NOT HAPPENING!

The only moneyless system means NO BANKS, NO REALTORS, EVERYONE HAS EQUAL LAND AND RESOURCES, END OF SLAVERY.

Unless he's talking that he can talk to the cops for he's a traitor anyway.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Another point MR Harper, concerns your slavery banks to begin with. Without collateral of any kind, who gives an institution the right to lend digital points to another to spend? And charge interest?

Without collateral, everyone owns their houses outright, for they have a real item on the line, their house, digitial crapola isn't real, its not collateral. Anyone could start a website and lend out digital chips at interest, there is no control because no one is entrenched or given GOD CHIPS to do it. Savvy, can you think with the stuff between your ears.

Our slavery is over. Take a hike!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Mandatory? It isn't going to happen. Period. Canadians are not the crew to try experiments on, they are the most conservative (I don't politically) group there is and don't jump into anything new.

yes, "Mandatory" according to this article from the times colonist. Sorry they deleted it from their archives, but locals supporting locals did not. I saved pdf copy and printouts of the original article, I have a big white board of interesting facts regarding this orwellian transition our government is planning for us.
the article is here

"Those cards should be available in November, and will roll out over the next five years. They'll be free and mandatory for all British Columbians, requiring millions of people to re-enrol into the healthcare system. The project is expected to cost the government about $150 million. People will also have the option of combining their new CareCard and driver's licence into one B.C. Services Card."

Honestly it is scary at how little exposure this sort of stuff gets, this is an extremely dangerous development for society.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
They are apparently already using this same currency in Greece, I made a thread about not too long ago:

Greece on the breadline: cashless currency takes off

Bitcoin is still 100% superior in every way (including anonymous transactions), there is nothing really advantageous or revolutionary about this digital currency from what I can see, even compared to our current currencies this new digital currency has no groundbreaking advantages, except that it's easier to manage your money online.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
They are apparently already using this same currency in Greece, I made a thread about not too long ago:

Greece on the breadline: cashless currency takes off

Bitcoin is still 100% superior in every way (including anonymous transactions), there is nothing really advantageous or revolutionary about this digital currency from what I can see, even compared to our current currencies this new digital currency has no groundbreaking advantages, except that it's easier to manage your money online.

not so, google how often a server of theirs gets hacked. Digital currency of any sort is a mistake, and let us not forget these wonderful local currencies that have been setup such as LETS and other transition town offerings. One is an "honour" based system and the other is based on yet even more worthless FIAT money. These offerings are left alone by law enforcement authorities but we all remember what happened to the liberty dollar. There is a reason why the liberty dollar went down.
Transition town currency coup d'etat

I've done a lot of research into this and it would seem clearly one thing the system does not want us to do is to use silver based currency that puts value into our hands.

Paper, 1's and 0's, you know at least the paper is worth something, there is a cost and it takes time to fleece us like they do. But using this, we could be fleeced and totally switched off in no time flat.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I can imagine a "barter currency" cropping up locally is a variety of areas.

Digital currency?

Pull the plug.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Digital currency?

Pull the plug.

oh you just wait and watch the sheep buy into this, they are marketing it as something to make online transactions "easier". LOL! How trendy!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand

Originally posted by beezzer

Digital currency?

Pull the plug.

oh you just wait and watch the sheep buy into this, they are marketing it as something to make online transactions "easier". LOL! How trendy!

So the farmers market or vegatable stand by the road will what? Have to go wireless?

How do you shop for THAT online?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
If it's true that the hackers out there will try to get into the new money system, then that would be a sure fire way to send the nation of Canada into a fast growing debt if they're successful.

Otherwise, it could also be another way for whatever bankers are at the top of the system to send Canada careening into a debt situation.

Not to mention, what the above posters mentioned that said What if the power goes out...

Citizens of Canada BEWARE!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

not so, google how often a server of theirs gets hacked.

You mean exchange servers and other 3rd party services related to bitcoin. The bitcoin network has never been compromised, the bitcoin currency is still completely secure. The P2P bitcoin network is virtually impossible to compromise, that's why it has lasted so long, just like all P2P networks (bittorrent etc).

Paper, 1's and 0's, you know at least the paper is worth something

The paper is worth something you think?
The electricity and time required to create a single bitcoin is worth a lot more...

edit on 8-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It's so they can get rid of the underground economy, collect more in taxes and monitor every cent you have and what you spent it on, who you gave it to.
No more cash deals to get a break on the taxes. No more putting a secret cache aside.

I'm sure they've got the power outage contingency plan worked out. I don't need power to do transactions with my bank on my devices.

new topics

top topics

join